WEDNESDAY
Sunny
High 74F
Low 54F

Tuesday - April 26

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

after I pulled my hip/back in the garden. ITB on both sides were really tight, especially the left. Knots in shoulders too and those hurt like h*ll when she worked them out! :)

Scheduled day off...so since it was sunny I went to work in the garden before my massage appointment. :(  Something pulled in myright hip/lower back area.  I didn't notice any major pull while working, but by the time I got cleaned up to leave, yeah.  Ow.  It felt ok during the massage (wow...my left ITB wasTIGHTTTT!) but took ibuprofin on the way home because it started to tighten up.  Not cool.  Not cool at all. I used my ketaprofin cream on the area before bed.  :(

Monday - April 25

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.30 miles
  • -----

easy ride to prep for testing on wednesday...new protocol!

Well, I didn't swim test like I should have today, but Bonnie is cool with it.  Gonna go work on some technique stuff we covered after the bike tonight in the morning.  It is so great to SEE yourself swim!  I've got some fish to fry in the pool!  Start the catch earlier, keep the head in position, rotate those hips.  If I figure this out I will be bitchin' in the pool gosh darn it!

The ride was easy peasy and it was fun chatting up Scott and Al.  Shane tested with the new protocol which is gonna be very tough, but give a truer lactate threshold (said Professor Scribner).  We shall see.  It will be interesting to see how the numbers change. 

I think the boys are doing the 5k this weekend.  :)  So excited for them both! 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7.25

Sunday - April 24

Run
  • 1h 37m 38s
  • 10.12 miles
  • 09m 39s /Mi

from home...felt great on this run! Did 4 or 5 cadence pick ups the last couple miles. :)

Bike
  • 1h 50m 50s
  • 33.75 miles
  • 18.27 Mi/hr

3 loops at Stony with golf course and nature center roads
avg watts 150
max watts 344
avg cadence 98
max cadence 241

HR reading was janky again on second half of ride. Hisssssss.

Had a blast at JD's Key Club with Joannes run club.  Drank 3 beers and ate much pizza, which I am atributing to my fine run this am!  :)  I only got 6 hours sleep and figured the run would be hard.  Nope.  Wrongo!  It was GREAT!  I felt really really good out there.  I dressed perfectly for the weather, had no chafing issues like last week, ran my favorite bit of real estate in Troy (saw Peter Cottontail too!) and just felt really good! :)  I was trying to run 10:09's again, but found myself slightly faster and with a lower hr (by about 5-10 beats) than usual.  Awesome!  I did the cadence drills at the end of the run too.  Cut the run a tad short as I was already home and needing to get ready for brunch. 

Brunch = massive yummies, and fun!  :)  Ate way too much, walked around the lake afterwards, then ate a tiny bit more!  Enjoyed all the kids and the loud -Hutt crowd as always!  The sun was lovely too!  We were the last to go ( I was busy cleaning up for the hostest with the mostest cause she's awesome!) then I packed it up to hit Stony. 

Bike was great too.  Did three loops and each was faster than the last.  Felt decent on the steeper hill at the golf course and am really pleased the legs felt fine at the end of this higher volume week.  Met a nice fellow on the last loop who is training for the "Calvin" 12 hour race next weekend.  54 for that race and will be racing the 24 hour race in June to celebrate his 55th birthday.  Sweet!  BUT...he's done long training days at Stony of up to 130 miles!  OMG!  With out doing the golf course section.  Thats like a gajillion loops of 9 miles!  And people think I'm nuts! :) 

Oh, and the spring peeper frogs were singing the sexy song big time.  I can't say why it makes me sooo happy to hear, but it does.  Love love love the spring peepers!

Finished out the night at Jo's drinking her wine, eating roast veggies and watching our shows.  A great day today!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Saturday - April 23

Swim
  • 58m 23s
  • 2400.00 meters
  • 02m 26s /100 meters

100 Swim AR-EN
100 Kick AR-EN
100 Swim AR-EN
3 x 100 @ 2:15 EN (25 breathe every 2, 25 breathe every 3, 25 breathe every 2 to the other side, 25 breathe every 3)
3 x 100 @ 2:15 EN (25 breathe every 3, 25 breathe every 4, 25 breathe every 3, 25 breathe every 4 to the other side)
3 x 100 @ 2:15 EN (25 breathe every 3, 25 breathe every 5, 25 breathe every 3, 25 breathe every 5)
3 x 100 @ 2:15 EN (25 breathe every 3, 25 breathe every 4, 25 breathe every 5, 25 breathe every 6)
4 x 200 w/:30 Pull with paddles and buoy Odds EN, Evens TE

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 17.70 miles
  • 15.17 Mi/hr

sets of 20 (15 ar, 5 tempo), 30(10 te, 10 ar, 10 te), 20 (10 te, 10 ar) followed by 20 run and 10 swim bench

Run
  • 53m
  • 5.10 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

sets of 20(10 te, 10 ar),20 (10 te, 10 ar) and 13(5 te and rest ar) IN THE SUN!!! :)

Sport
  • VASA Training
  • 15m

swim bench after runs 3x( 1:00 te effort, 1:rest for 10:00)

awesome to run out side in my tri top and shorts with out any frozen parts in the SUN!!!!  Woot!!!  Ran with Julie and Kate...Julie and I are at the same run pace.  Very nice to have the girls to run with!  Kate did great pushing herself to run our high tempo pace at times.  :)  Just felt reallly really good to be outside in the sun!

Got my swim in and saw Jeremy, Kate and Terese at the pool.  :)  Was a tad late to brick, but just lopped off the 10 minutes from the bike.  No biggie.

Felt pretty good during the brick.  Happy my legs feel ok with the volume this week. :)

Friday - April 22

Run
  • 44m 34s
  • 5.09 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi

Was supposed to do a threshold/ac repeat wo with a build at the end. Did 5x2:00 th repeats (instead of 4:00), no ac and a low to high tempo finish. Grumpy peri and knee early in the run so I didn't push it. Wonky high hr at end of run, but not accurate of course.

Strength

rolled well after run.

I had so planned on being good and getting my run in at the gym and trying to get some swimming in.  But then I slept in and didn't eat a real breakfast.  Just a nana and coffee, and before you knew it, I had no time to get to the gym to do a full hour run.  I ran from the house and ran for 45 minutes.  I figured I'd get the threshold repeats in and a couple ac repeats, but my knee was a tad grumpy and my butt was too in the warm up and first repeat, so I cut it to 5 x2:00 with some higher paced recovery, then ran as I felt which ended up being a strong tempo pace.  My hr was very elevated on the last mile or so of the run, but I knew I wasn't "really" working that hard.  It is so frustrating that I can't get reliable hr data on this fancy pants watch!  I'd like to know what my hr is, not just know it's not 185 or 225. At one point I was running low tempo and knew that my hr was lower than when I would run 10:00 miles.  That is very motivating for me...to see where my fitness has improved on the run.  But when the garmin is being fussy, I just get cheesed. :-<

Our buddies from Buffalo came over, we headed to the soccer fields to get the grand tour and then went downtown to beat the dinner rush at Slows BBQ.  But no...it was PACKED!  AT 2:45!  We waited almost an hour for a table (6 is a big number to seat in that joint) and it was soooo worth it!  I got a smoked chicken dish (sides of mashed sweet taters and home made mac and cheese) instead of ribs today, and a killer Founders Pale Ale.  Nom!  Oh, and Brian and I shared a Chuck Norris for dessert...the description goes like this "a warm brownie topped with Ray's coffee icecream and Sanders Hot Fudge...so good it will kick you in the face"!    It was quite yummy!  I loved showing our friends that Detroit still has some fun in it!  They enjoyed the food and vibe at Slows.  I can only hit that place about 2 times a year tho...any more and I'd be HUGE!   It was great to see them, and now it's our turn to hit up Buffalo!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - April 21

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 35.80 miles
  • 17.90 Mi/hr

Kensington, ILRA, Kensington to first hill on Buno and back to the car
avg watts 159
max watts 359
avg rpm 93
max rpm 246 (WTH?)

Got the house picked up for our guests and decided to move around my workouts to ride with Pat and Simon at Kensington.  The sun was out, and I need those hills! We rolled at 1:15 (opposite day...I was early and Pdub was late!)  and I politely asked the boys NOT to rip my legs off.  :)  Pat and I ride about the same power, but that Simon....he teased me that when I left they would relax and stop showing off.  The guys are doing IM St. George in 2 weeks and were getting in a century. 

I was happy to be riding at a better pace with the calmer winds than last Friday.  The booger factory was however, open for business and production was high.  :(  Even though the wind was down, it was still chilly and required full finger gloves and my feet once again froze.  But not as bad as last week.  My body was more comfy on Fiona and the legs once again were feeling pretty good.  I drank just about all 40oz of the infinate I had in the speedfil and had no tummy or energy issues and never felt hungry, which sometimes happend on the bike with IM Perform.  It should be interesting to see if I can go longer with no food and just the infinite.  Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the electronic shifting.  LOVE! :)

Our friends are in from Buffalo and we had a great meal at Kona Grill.  Mmmmmm, salmon! No drinks for me though as I had a board meeting to get to.  So a longish day for me, and tomorrow we play with the Buffalo crowd!  Yay!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - April 20

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2650.00 meters
  • 02m 16s /100 meters

300 Swim AR-EN, 100 Kick AR-EN, 50 Drill AR-EN w/:30
2 x 4 x 200 @ 4:00 (repeat the following 2 times. These are 200s nonstop but changing of effort. Each 200 is on the interval above):
#1-50 TH, 150 EN
#2-100 TH, 100 EN
#3-150 TH, 50 EN
#4-200 TH
100 AR
8 x 25 with fins @ :45 (Odds-AC kick, Evens- EN swim)
100 AR-EN

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 27.01 miles
  • 18.01 Mi/hr

5ar
5xILD 1 both, :30 lf,1 both, :30 rt
5 ar
30 tempo (held mid tempo throughout)
5x1:00 AC w/ 3:00 ar
cadence pyramid 80-120-80 1:00 each
6 ar cd

Huge thunder woke me up thinking the house had been hit by lightning!  YIKES!  The storm kept me up for quite a while.  Then when I did get up this am...dog piddle in the bathroom to greet me. Those dogs are lucky they are cute.  Just sayin'.  Got Brian to the ortho, dropped off at school and hit the pool.

200 set times: had a long break between sets...saw Terese and shared the workout with her! The times are for yards, so I took about :20 seconds or so of rest after each 200.
4:01,3:52,3:49,3:42
3:52,3:52,3:51,3:49 (really fell apart on the last 200!)
Then I did 8x50 instead of 25's. First couple I did ac kick there, swim back. :-/ Then I finished them out at ac kick for 50, en swim for 50. All on about 1:00. Yesh. ADD and the pool do not mix! LOL. 

Dave comes home today!  Yay! :)

*good ride again tonight. Held mid tempo for the main set.  Nice!  Rolling right into a minute of AC (318watts or higher) with no ar after tempo was TOUGH.  My legs were pretty glad to be done by the 5th set!!!  The rest was all good.  I'm happy with how the legs are dealing with this weeks work so far. :)*  

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

April 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance