Partly Cloudy
High 84F
Low 66F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 86F
Low 68F

Saturday - April 9

Unscheduled day off...wow...three white days in one week. Oh my!

Friday - April 8

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 13.00 miles
  • 13.00 Mi/hr

drainer active recovery ride watching Lake Placid Coach Tony Dvd...wowza...can't wait to see the rest!!!

more de crapping of Chez Marshall.  Quick spin for an hour late in the day as my plan called for.  Recovery weeks are hard.  :)  I lose motivation to do my work outs with these pesky days off!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Thursday - April 7

Wednesday - April 6

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.50 miles
  • 16.33 Mi/hr

30 wu
3x:10 Max power, 2:50 ar
1:00 max power, 4:00 ar
5:00 max power, 10:00 ar
20:00 max power (test) 10:00 ar

Ate like an oinker last night at J. Alexanders with Dave.  Wine, check.  Steak, check. Smashed garlic taters, check.  Giant carrot cake with frosting, check!  We shared all of the above and a cobb salad ( I had some, not tons) but MOOOOOO!  Big number on the scale today.  :(  I've been having a hard time being motivated to eat cleanly.  I bet my eat clean mojo is hanging out at a bar drinking and smoking big fat stoagies with my swim motivation.  :(

Well, tonight was power test night and after a day off from training yesterday (don't be fooled...I worked my fanny off de-crapping my son's room with him...lots of toting and lugging and up and down the stairs...but very statisfied with with the results!)  I had hopes of a great test, but it didn't go so hot.  It hurt like hell and I wanted to quit about 10 minutes in, but I figured I'd suffered through almost all of it, so finish it out.  And I did.  The bonus is I was the least stressed I've ever been about a test.  The more frequent testing is teaching me to suffer I suppose.  I didn't get my new number yet, but my guess is just a tad up or down. 

Yoga beforehand was restorative, but man, it is soooo hard!!!  I love Andrea's yoga!  It's a hoot to watch my teammates try and get bendy...we are all so NOT bendy!  Except for our teacher of course! :) 

Tonight, compression tights, tomorrow DAY OFF...AGAIN!  Woot!  I may even try to squeeze a massage in there, or an ART appointment.  We shall see!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.75

Tuesday - April 5

Monday - April 4

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 21.70 miles
  • 14.47 Mi/hr

2009 Du nationals course-pure evil
24 wu
60:00 ride zone to match grade
-6 to -2% en zone
-2 to 2% tempo zone
2-6% threshold zone
6-14% vo2max zone
6:00 cd

Run
  • 58m 14s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 09m 41s /Mi

10 wu
5x2:00 threshold,2:00 ar
5x:30 ac, 3:30 ar
10 cd

Well, the threshold repeats were wonky...wind made it challenging, but it still felt good.  Same for the AC repeats...windy windy windy! :)  Just could not make myself go to the gym though.  It wasn't raining and I just didn't want to do the dreadmill.  It is a great way to hit the proper paces though. 

Test week....bahhhh.  To the lab I go. 

*Holy Shit Balls!!!!  The usual threshold repeats for test week went out the window tonight at the lab, and that was one mother of a ride!  Super hilly course full of climbing and decents and no true recovery.  Wowza.  Standing...a lot!  I really didn't hold the vo2max stuff during the tough climbs...I did my run today (as it was scheduled for me) but usually it falls on Tuesday.  Soooo, the sticks were a tad used before the ride, but I was lead biker for a bit of the workout and ended up second on my side of the lab behind Scribs.  Not too shabby.  I really should have known it was gonna be tough...Ranger said it sucked (and he never complains!)  But I had no idea at that point the workout had changed from the norm.  I ended up (god help me) kind of liking it.  Maybe because I survived.  Maybe because I know I have so much climbing to do this year...nah...because I survived!!!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Sunday - April 3

Bike #1
  • 1h 00m
  • 14.20 miles
  • 14.20 Mi/hr

finally before dinner. Bike fell out of trainer about 50 minutes in. WTH?

Bike #2
  • 20m 48s
  • 4.02 miles
  • 11.60 Mi/hr

after dinner before Jo's fina

• Health data: Sleep: 3

TrishM's Training Log

April 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16