• 20m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

ows at Kent Lake....guess on time and distance

Sport
  • Core Training
  • 20m

hard core from this site

Sick dog woke me up 2 times after getting to bed late. Cry  BUT...I love Friday the 13ths...my good luck day! The weather held up for a great ride (interupted by Dave Z's flats...tube, tire, tube) and lots of suprise sightings. I forgot my garmin and would have loved to see the data on the repeats, but I just went by RPE.  Felt good for most of it, though a tad slower the last one for sure.  I spotted Jazz and Yeats at the park booths and rode ILRA with them (Thanks Ryan for the extra info about the TTT! Laughing) and then Dave got the flats and did the repairs...Scribs had the new Tire, I supplied the second tube. Diane W from the team showed up in the meantime and rolled with us through the first 2 times on Buno, then we did two more and went back to ILRA to swim.  Where we ran into local rock star Amy Gluck. 

The swim was AWESOME!  Very nice temp wise...about 60 or so.  My arms hurt a little at the beginning from yesterdays swim, but loosened up pretty well.  My wet suit is too damn big in the neck...gapping.  Lots of water making me look preggers when I stand up.  I think I may be getting a new wetsuit.  Crap.  That was money I didn't want to spend, but I don't want to work any harder on the swim than I have to for heavens sake!

Took Kaity to the doc and got her started on two new meds.  She is tripping/stressing out about trying to get a job.  Fingers crossed she can get one close to home while we help her learn to drive.  No easy feat for an anxious add kid who really doesn't want to drive (she has no idea the freedom that comes along with a license).  Pray for me please!  

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.75

Thursday - May 12

Swim
  • 1h 04m
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

WU: 200 swim, kick, pull
4 X 50's Drill/Swim by 25yds. w/:15sec rest
MS: 30 x 50's w/:10sec Rest. Odds HARD, Evens Easy
100 easy swim
2 x 200yds. Pull w/:15sec. Steady Pulling w/excellent stroke
CD: 200 easy swim

Another busy busy day for me.  Laundry, making appointments, swim, back to more laundry, picking up the boy then out to the lake to meet up with Lil Trish, Melissa and Abbie.  Then a HUGE dinner and a little shopping (no buying) and home.  Packing for tomorrows ride (fingers crossed to no storms).  Phew!  Lots more put on my to-do list.  Lots more! 

It sure was pretty at the lake...and I saw a muskrat! :)

I liked this swim today.  Lots of working hard, but lots of rest too.  Felt like it was harder to swim the second 25 of the hard 50's...like I was in jello or there was a current.  Very weird.  I figure it was just cause I was more tired.  I felt like my stroke was a bit better going down just about every repeat than coming back.  Work to do! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - May 11

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.24 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

10 wu
3x5:00 race pace 1:00 ar,
3:00 cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.54 miles
  • 16.36 Mi/hr

24 wu
2x 5:00 th, 3:00 ar, 3:00 vo2max , 3:00 ar
5x cadence pyramid 85,100,90,105,95 ar, en,ar, en, ar
cd

Busy day...had to run before the trackmeet and heading out to the lab, and wasn't sure what pace I was to be running...TTT has short, oly and half races!  So I just went tempo for them.  No stitches at least today. :)

The bike was weird too...only 2 others riding indoors (it was gorgeous out) and I ended up dong the hard work but not really focusing on the cadence drills.  Brian and Andrea were talking to me and I was ok with that. I did the same drills on Monday and they were kinda boring.  I know they are good for me, but yeah.  I didn't do um today.  My bad.  ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Tuesday - May 10

Run
  • 1h 49m 06s
  • 11.37 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

clinton river trail and paint creak trail
10 ar, 30 ar/en, 20 te, 20 en, 20 te, 5 cd

A couple of issues on this run...tired legs at the beginning, bathroom emergency (thank goodness I was just back at Duck Pond and the potties( at 1:20 in which forced some extra ar/en running, and another side stitch in the second tempo set that I had to walk through.  Pissed that I can't seem to "do" the prescribed workout.  Happy that I made it to the bathroom! Really happy about that. Also, using the 305 hr strap gave me accurate data, so that was good, except I did get chaffed from it.  Focused on cadence when pace slipped and that seemed to help quite a bit.  Oh, and my fingers got pudgy and swollen again.  I know I didn't hydrate today very well before hand.  

Nutrition for run: powergel just before running, 10 oz infinite ,8 oz water.  on run.  I don't know if the infinite running is giving me an issue or my gut is off generally as I'm "trying" to eat better.  Just want the stomach to settle down and the stitches to stop!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.25

Monday - May 9

Run
  • 40m
  • 3.80 miles
  • 10m 32s /Mi

wu 10:00, 8x30 sec, strides with 40 skips back to start, recover, repeat
10 cd easy

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2100.00 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 26.73 miles
  • 17.82 Mi/hr

24 wu
2x 6:00 th, 3:00ar, 3:00 Vo2max, 3:00 ar
6x5:00 cadence 85,100,90,105,95 ar, en, ar, en, ar, en.
rest cd

Sunday - May 8

Bike
  • 2h 59m 39s
  • 48.66 miles
  • 16.25 Mi/hr

2 loops ILRA , 1.5 of Kensington
avg 144 watts
avg rpms 95

Wonky HR once again. Grrr

Run
  • 48m 51s
  • 5.20 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

10 ar, 15 en, 15 te, 5 cd

Not a good run...out too fast, serious side stitch 2/3 into tempo, had to walk. :( Finished out ok. Stupid hr is wonky yet again! Grrr

Two weeks from right now I'll be starting a half IM, after 2 oly's and a super sprint at the TTT.  Gosh, I hope I'm ready.

Off to celebrate my Mothers Day with the hills of Kensington and ILRA.  3 hours to ride and then a nice brick run afterwards.  Then, I hope my family decides to feed me and help me in the garden or basement.  Which ever area I decide to tackle.  Or perhaps a nap will be in order! Naps in the afternoon sun are seriously underrated, or rather, under executed in my life!

*Update...not ready for TTT.  :)  Ugly run, but pretty good feeling ride (didn't hammer...just rode)  Wore the tri shorts for the first time and it was, um, yeah.  Ow.  Fiona's saddle is pretty hard.  I'll ride a few more decent saddle time rides and make a decision after that.  HR strap was giving janky readings once again.  WIll try switching the battery and see if that helps. Grrr.

It was GORGEOUS out today.  A beautiful day to be riding and running.  Saw Batman, Cathleen, Jane and Sunshine.  :)  Had a blast riding with Ranger.  It's been a looooong time (IMFL?) since we've ridden together outside.  Very nice time today! :) 

When I got home, the garage was organized, the computer was moved off the counter, the beds had been weeded, the doggies had been bathed, Dave was preparing dinner and I had flowers and a couple of cards.  AND he listed the sound system we replaced in January on Craigs list!  Woot!  I felt like a spoiled princess.  A really nice surprise that the family took care of some issues around the house that were starting to get on my nerves. I'm a lucky girl, yes, yes I am!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - May 7

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 16.20 miles
  • 13.89 Mi/hr

after race in Harrison TWP on trail with Pammy

Run
  • 50m 10s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

Run like a Mother 10K