Light rain shower
High 76F
Low 65F

Sunday - May 29

Bike
  • 2h 19m 25s
  • 44.73 miles
  • 19.25 Mi/hr

from Rangers to Milan and back. Pit stop for 2 flats, breakfast in Milan and a wrong turn. Gorgeous day out there!
120 avg watts, 486 max
104 avg rpm, 246 max

Made it on EARLY to Rangers to ride with the downriver peeps, and it was all wonky.  Marie bailed (oh nooooo!) Steve got seperated from the rest of the group and they were plagued by wipeouts and flats.  It ended up it was the trio again.  Great flat ride out to Milan in the sun.  Very pretty.  Stopped for a flat on the way out (Ranger this time) and breakfast at a little coffee shop.  The stopped AGAIN for a flat.  Ranger again! :-( 

Marie did met up with us about 15 minutes from Daves which was nice as it was her birthday and I had cupcakes back at Rangers place for her.  We all enjoyed them, Steve and Marie took off for another 40 miles (nuts!) and I hung out with Dave and Nell for a few before heading home. 

Had the family out for BBQ at the lake and enjoyed spending time with everyone.  Got a killer new pasta salad recipes from my sissy.  Killer! :) 

Saturday - May 28

Bike
  • 2h 05m 45s
  • 28.27 miles
  • 13.49 Mi/hr

rode from kensington to see racers at ILRA, then did 5x5:00 TH repeats with recovery, and rode back to kensington
114 avg watts, 445 max
94 avg rpm, 246 max

Run
  • 51m 38s
  • 4.56 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

from west boat launch 15 ar, 15 en, 15 ar run. Nice.

Friday - May 27

Thursday - May 26

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.03 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

20 ar, 20 en, 20 ar, 20 walk flat run

Swim
  • 41m
  • 1550.00 meters
  • 02m 39s /100 meters

250 wu
10x50 w/ :15 rest
6x100 25th,75 tempo w/:20 rest
200 cd

Run was tough today.  The legs are still fatigued in the quads from all that fun last weekend. :)  It was hard to go ar pace (wanted to go faster), then hard to go en ( legs started to hurt a bit in the quads) then hard to slow down again. My hr was high for these paces today, so I guess I'm not recovered just yet.  I am trying very hard to be disciplined and do what my plan calls for. Today was a challenge to go the correct paces,but I did.  AND I missed the rain.  That was just lucky timing on my part. :)

Tonight I finally hit the pool.  I didn't want to, but again, trying to do what the plan calls for, and it went ok.  My new coach gives us some options, so I did opt to do the lower yardage work out.  My body enjoyed being in the pool and the first 5 100's felt good, but man that last one let me know I was done.  Finished the last only a second off  pace from the other 5.  Stretched well in the bubble tub. Ahhhh! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - May 25

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 19.35 miles
  • 16.59 Mi/hr

20 wu
5x6:00 at tempo w/ 2:00 ar
10 ar

Rode at the lab with Wayne, Jules and Pammy.  :)  Tempo effort was harder than usual with the tired sticks.  The legs kinda woke up on the last set.  Then I got my core work in and rolled really well, chatted up Chris and hit the Meijers on the way home.  Man, it's hard to not buy everything in sight when I've not eaten a proper dinner before the lab.  I'd munched all afternoon so I wasn't hungry till AFTER the ride! Doh! I ate one of the banana's I'd bought on the way home.  Mmmmm.  Bananas!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Tuesday - May 24

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

rode Fiona in the neighborhood to spin out the legs. Nice!

Sport
  • Core Training
  • 15m

hard core exercises from this site

Got my physical today and asked a bunch of questions.  Got scheduled to do a stress test due to the weird palpitations I had about a month ago in the lab.  Better safe than sorry I say!

The ride was nice and in the neighborhood.  Tried tempo for just a second...um, NO!  Legs not ready yet.  Should be ok to go tomorrow. :)

Monday - May 23

Travel day home from TTT.  Slow service at Bob Evans, and over 1:15 to get home from Rangers meant no time for anything other than laundry and a basic unpack of gear.  Man, the nasty clothes bag had a serious stink goin' on.  Serious stink! 

TrishM's Training Log

May 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned