Sunny
High 64F
Low 43F

Tuesday - May 31

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

guestimate on miles...Ranger flatted twice AGAIN! Booooo! 1 complete lap, one partial.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2253.00 meters
  • 01m 47s /100 meters

2x out and back at Trout. shorter than usual...went to other beach! :)Windy,choppy out, fast back
10:34,9:04
10:43, 9:38

Run
  • 52m 25s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

Start well below LT and gradually build speed over 1 mile to slightly under LT (grade 1%). Next mile stay at the same pace and grade. Next 2 miles, maintain speed, 2/10ths mile @5% & 2/10th mile @ flat, 2/10th mile @ 4% & 2/10th @ flat, 2/10th @3% etc...down to 1% and flat. Next mile decrease speed by .5mph and alternate b/t 3% and flat by 1/10th mile. Last mile gradually decrease speed on flat.

Traffic jam start to the day so I kept Dave and Steve waiting.  We roll and Ranger gets a flat about 10 mile into loop 1 at ILRA.  Finally get rolling again and he flatted again!  Gahhh!  Time to swim!

Swim was great.  Choppy on the way out and fast on the way back.  Trout lake was glorious! :)  Went to the closer beach, but Scribs mentioned the distance of .35 mile being accurate from his garmin.  He'd just raced on Saturday and the garmin was accurate to the course.  Sweet.  Mine of course, was not! LOL!  Good to have the distance to put in.  I am going to work on my cluster fock of technology and see if I can get my stuff updated.  It would be nice to swim in MY lake and know the distances.  :)

Had a great lunch with the boys at Bagger Daves, then ran around with my sick kid and getting some shopping done.  I figured I'd try and get this nasty run done after dinner since the 2:20 bike didn't really happen and I was hydrating well.  Dave and I headed up to LTF with our suits intending on hitting the bubble tub post workout.

That run was NOT FUN!!! Um, wow. This SUCKED! I think I can say this was the hardest workout I've attempted. I say attempted because I could NOT do it as prescribed. It was about 1000 degrees at the gym (LTF>>>YOU STINK) and I was beet red. I run my hard runs in a skirt whenever I can. I LIKE running hard in a skirt, but the skirt did not work it's girl power magic tonight. I am pissed that I didn't have the mental fortitude to complete the workout as written, BUT...it was hot, I did NOT quit, (believe me I really wanted to from the first 5% set, really really!) and my hr did reach 185, which is super high! So, I will take whatever speed/strength I did gain from this run and be glad I grabbed what I could.

Did I mention this was the hardest damn run ever????

Hit the bubble tub after stretching a tad (it was so gross...my legs were DRIPPING with sweat...DRIPPING!) showered and bubbled it up.  A small reward for such evilness on the treadmill.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2

Monday - May 30

Swim
  • 46m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 18s /100 meters

4x100 wu
400 moderate speed
4x100 :20 each 100 faster
1:00
3x100 :20 each faster
1:00
2x100 :20 each faster
300 cd

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 3h 00m

pulled weeds and raked...and got the bending over shirt hiked up sunburn. :(

Finally a gorgeous day at the lake!  Yessss!  Nice slow start to the day...coffee and a bagel on the deck.  Heaven.  But, heaven has weeds...lots and lots of weeds, which I took a very brief stab at today, since we are planning to hire out getting the yard in nice shape this year.  Worked hard, got some things accomplished and burnt my lower back.  :( 

Dave took me for a nice long cruise around the lake and while I was hot, I didn't get in the drink.  I would be great to swim in with the rubber suit, but not today.  Way too many boats out there.  I'll get my ows tomorrow at Trout.  It sure was beautiful to be out there and thank you to Mother Nature for all that rain...it's made the lake level sooo  much better.  We can actually load our guests on the boat from our dock instead of mooching off the neighbors and their deeper water! :)  Yay!

After a laundry and cleaning the house, packing my crap and coming home it was 7:15.  Enough time to fix the disposal and make dinner, unpack and get somewhat ready to ride in the am.  BUT...I have not swam yet!!! AND I've blown off 2 swims this weekend already!!!  Gahhhh!  Made it to lifetime and had a good swim.  I'm looking forward to tomorrows ows at trout.  Gotta build on those pr's at TTT! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - May 29

Bike
  • 2h 19m 25s
  • 44.73 miles
  • 19.25 Mi/hr

from Rangers to Milan and back. Pit stop for 2 flats, breakfast in Milan and a wrong turn. Gorgeous day out there!
120 avg watts, 486 max
104 avg rpm, 246 max

Made it on EARLY to Rangers to ride with the downriver peeps, and it was all wonky.  Marie bailed (oh nooooo!) Steve got seperated from the rest of the group and they were plagued by wipeouts and flats.  It ended up it was the trio again.  Great flat ride out to Milan in the sun.  Very pretty.  Stopped for a flat on the way out (Ranger this time) and breakfast at a little coffee shop.  The stopped AGAIN for a flat.  Ranger again! :-( 

Marie did met up with us about 15 minutes from Daves which was nice as it was her birthday and I had cupcakes back at Rangers place for her.  We all enjoyed them, Steve and Marie took off for another 40 miles (nuts!) and I hung out with Dave and Nell for a few before heading home. 

Had the family out for BBQ at the lake and enjoyed spending time with everyone.  Got a killer new pasta salad recipes from my sissy.  Killer! :) 

Saturday - May 28

Bike
  • 2h 05m 45s
  • 28.27 miles
  • 13.49 Mi/hr

rode from kensington to see racers at ILRA, then did 5x5:00 TH repeats with recovery, and rode back to kensington
114 avg watts, 445 max
94 avg rpm, 246 max

Run
  • 51m 38s
  • 4.56 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

from west boat launch 15 ar, 15 en, 15 ar run. Nice.

Friday - May 27

Thursday - May 26

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.03 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

20 ar, 20 en, 20 ar, 20 walk flat run

Swim
  • 41m
  • 1550.00 meters
  • 02m 39s /100 meters

250 wu
10x50 w/ :15 rest
6x100 25th,75 tempo w/:20 rest
200 cd

Run was tough today.  The legs are still fatigued in the quads from all that fun last weekend. :)  It was hard to go ar pace (wanted to go faster), then hard to go en ( legs started to hurt a bit in the quads) then hard to slow down again. My hr was high for these paces today, so I guess I'm not recovered just yet.  I am trying very hard to be disciplined and do what my plan calls for. Today was a challenge to go the correct paces,but I did.  AND I missed the rain.  That was just lucky timing on my part. :)

Tonight I finally hit the pool.  I didn't want to, but again, trying to do what the plan calls for, and it went ok.  My new coach gives us some options, so I did opt to do the lower yardage work out.  My body enjoyed being in the pool and the first 5 100's felt good, but man that last one let me know I was done.  Finished the last only a second off  pace from the other 5.  Stretched well in the bubble tub. Ahhhh! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - May 25

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 19.35 miles
  • 16.59 Mi/hr

20 wu
5x6:00 at tempo w/ 2:00 ar
10 ar

Rode at the lab with Wayne, Jules and Pammy.  :)  Tempo effort was harder than usual with the tired sticks.  The legs kinda woke up on the last set.  Then I got my core work in and rolled really well, chatted up Chris and hit the Meijers on the way home.  Man, it's hard to not buy everything in sight when I've not eaten a proper dinner before the lab.  I'd munched all afternoon so I wasn't hungry till AFTER the ride! Doh! I ate one of the banana's I'd bought on the way home.  Mmmmm.  Bananas!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

TrishM's Training Log

May 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance