• 2100.00 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 26.73 miles
  • 17.82 Mi/hr

24 wu
2x 6:00 th, 3:00ar, 3:00 Vo2max, 3:00 ar
6x5:00 cadence 85,100,90,105,95 ar, en, ar, en, ar, en.
rest cd

Sunday - May 8

Bike
  • 2h 59m 39s
  • 48.66 miles
  • 16.25 Mi/hr

2 loops ILRA , 1.5 of Kensington
avg 144 watts
avg rpms 95

Wonky HR once again. Grrr

Run
  • 48m 51s
  • 5.20 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

10 ar, 15 en, 15 te, 5 cd

Not a good run...out too fast, serious side stitch 2/3 into tempo, had to walk. :( Finished out ok. Stupid hr is wonky yet again! Grrr

Two weeks from right now I'll be starting a half IM, after 2 oly's and a super sprint at the TTT.  Gosh, I hope I'm ready.

Off to celebrate my Mothers Day with the hills of Kensington and ILRA.  3 hours to ride and then a nice brick run afterwards.  Then, I hope my family decides to feed me and help me in the garden or basement.  Which ever area I decide to tackle.  Or perhaps a nap will be in order! Naps in the afternoon sun are seriously underrated, or rather, under executed in my life!

*Update...not ready for TTT.  :)  Ugly run, but pretty good feeling ride (didn't hammer...just rode)  Wore the tri shorts for the first time and it was, um, yeah.  Ow.  Fiona's saddle is pretty hard.  I'll ride a few more decent saddle time rides and make a decision after that.  HR strap was giving janky readings once again.  WIll try switching the battery and see if that helps. Grrr.

It was GORGEOUS out today.  A beautiful day to be riding and running.  Saw Batman, Cathleen, Jane and Sunshine.  :)  Had a blast riding with Ranger.  It's been a looooong time (IMFL?) since we've ridden together outside.  Very nice time today! :) 

When I got home, the garage was organized, the computer was moved off the counter, the beds had been weeded, the doggies had been bathed, Dave was preparing dinner and I had flowers and a couple of cards.  AND he listed the sound system we replaced in January on Craigs list!  Woot!  I felt like a spoiled princess.  A really nice surprise that the family took care of some issues around the house that were starting to get on my nerves. I'm a lucky girl, yes, yes I am!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - May 7

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 16.20 miles
  • 13.89 Mi/hr

after race in Harrison TWP on trail with Pammy

Run
  • 50m 10s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

Run like a Mother 10K

Woot! New PR!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Friday - May 6

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2400.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

300 wu
breath control x20yd in short pool
3x100 3,2,3,2,3
3x100 3,4,3,4,3
3x100 3,5,3,5,3
3x100 3,4,3,4,3
4x200 with paddles and buoy te, te, te, en in meter lap pool
100 cd

Weird swim.  Had to do the wu and breath control in the warm short lap in the main pool, then did the paddle sets in the FREEZING lap meter pool.  Ran in to Patrick, which was nice.  Seems like no matter where I go I run into a teammate.  LOVE THAT! :)

Dinner out with Kaity and Dave...mexican and too many chips.  It was good though. :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - May 5

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 27.17 miles
  • 18.11 Mi/hr

New Protocol bike test
35 warm up with spin ups and some tempo efforts then
2x20'at threshold/all out with 2:00 recovery between sets

Run
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 6.27 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

WU: 15' z1
MS: 3 x [7' z4, 2' z2], then 10' z2
CD: 3-5' z1-z2

New protocol bike test this am.  2x20 minutes.  I've got Kate Diane and Linda to suffer with.  Gonna be an ass kicking time. :)

*Holy Sufferfest Batman!  That new test blows!  Kate quit half way through, Linda had an athsma  attack and I was left testing the second set all by myself.   Poor Dale turned around to encourage me late in the second set, and I yelled at him to move his head...really loudly, and without using my manners. What a bitch!  BUT...he was blocking my view of my watts and I was in the pain cave and NEEDED the numbers to focus on.  I did apologize profusely after the test.  Kate encouraged me to push hard and hit 300 several times in the last couple minutes, which I did.  No way I'd push that hard with out encouragement that late in the game.  Love love love my teammates! I dropped a crapton of watts, but I knew that would happen.  On a good note, I was the least nervous/anxious I have ever been for a test.  I was actually perky this morning.  I blame the extra rest. ;) 

I got permission to attempt the threshold run from Coach, and I got to run in my new running skirt in a sleeveless top!!!!  Oh the glory! :)  It was gorgeous out there!  I ran at Stony, and while the threshold repeats were not as fast they should have been, my hr was TOTALLY in threshold during them, and quite a bit of the rest of the run.  I walked during the second set for a bit, then went at it again, and walked the RI instead of running en to get a little relief with the hr.  It was hard work, but I was rewarded with seeing 3 deer, a blue bird and the cutest little blue merle sheltie!  Oh, and SUN! :)*

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - May 4

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 14.00 Mi/hr

in lab super easy after transition clinic

Strength
  • 20m

Hard core exercises from this site. 10-15 reps per exercise. WEAK! I am WEAK!

Woke up to a sick doggie at 2am after staying up till 12:30. :(  Cleaned it all up and let them out, then back to bed I went.  Darn it. I've been really really enjoying my sleeping well at night. 

*transition clinic with a few of the gang, then a super short spin.  Test tomorrow. :-)*

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - May 3

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.01 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

just a quick easy run to loosen up the legs. started ar, went up to high en, then back to ar

Swim
  • 26m 53s
  • 1250.00 meters
  • 02m 09s /100 meters

super easy straight swim focused on head placement, rolling hips,length of stroke

My week is wonky because of testing on Thursday on the bike.  Its supposed to be a build week, but I was told not to do vo2max running before the test.  Soooo,  I ran easy and short, followed by an easy continuous swim to work on my form and loosen up the back. 

I was supposed to do core, but the day got away from me.  Doing it first thing in the morning tomorrow!!! 

Brian has his first track meet tomorrow.  He's running the 800, doing long jump and shotput.  I hope he has fun and does well.  And I hope it doesn't rain on us. Fingers crossed!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

TrishM's Training Log

May 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance