Run
  • 2h 00m 07s
  • 12.23 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

25 wu including dynamic drills
3x15' high zone 3, 5' ar
35 wd high cadence, good form
Clinton river trail/MOT

Grabbing extra sleep.  Glad my better half offered to get up with the boy this am.  Did not enjoy that Jonah launched himself on to my stomach as my wake up.  That dog is lucky he's so damn cute.

*run was decent.  HR was high for mcmillan pace a bit.  Struggled in second set with the headwind, but it was better on the third set.  Found a nice little bit of trail I didn't know about during the cool down. Will be going to explore where it leads post IM for sure.  It was just beautiful on the trail with all the fall colors.* 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 9

Tuesday - October 2

Bike
  • 2h 00m 04s
  • 32.26 miles
  • 16.12 Mi/hr

30 wu 90-95 rpm
8x5' 50-60rpm z3 climbs, 5' ar
rest to time cd 90 rpm

Forgot my shoes, and I was soooo pissed!  Planned on heading straight to work from the lab, and didn't have extra time to run back.  Ended up borrowing Coach's too small shoes and pedals.  Good thing I splurged on a mani pedi yesterday.  My feet barley made it in her shoes as it was!  Rode with Yvette who is doing her first IM at FL and answered a lot of her question in the ar periods.  She is gonna be out there a long time.  I hope she has a good day...she has been through a lot with her husband battling cancer all year!  I really don't like the low cadence stuff...at all.  I know it is a strength wo, but yuck.  Give me 92 rpms anyday!

Work went well, but slow.  Did a bunch of things I haven't yet.  Got my first tiny little paycheck.  They will all be tiny little lol! 

Ranger texted my my bib number.  897.  I like it.  2010 our numbers were high, and our bikes were in the back of transition.  Maybe this is a good sign we will be racked closer to the mount line.  I need all the help I can get in transition lol!

Got the email out for fan tshirts for our group.  I don't know how I evolved into head cheer leader, but alas, it has happened.  I am so glad Ron is going to be there so he can deal with the shirts, and I can get prepared to race.  Phew!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Monday - October 1

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 48m

Peak flow Sage Roundtree

Went to the pool, got  about 400 in and that was that.  Elbow is still bugging me and I just didn't want to stay in the cold water.  Hit the bubble tub instead.  Walked in the evening, then did yoga.  I looked at my schedule and realized that was my only swim this week.  I may try and squeeze in one more ows Wednesday, or not.  We shall see.

In other news, my darling daughter who was formerly known as the laziest person ever, decided to take up running!  She has been lifting weights recently and doing some core work and felt better for the exercise.  She called and  asked what/how to run, so I gave her some advice, web sights to look at and to do the couch to 5k program, (which she promptly told me she's not doing a 5k!).  So today was her day.  She texted me in all caps that she had FUN.  I was on my walk and called her and it was so cool to hear her enthusiasm and talk about her run. She even said maybe we could do a 5k together some day.  Whatt????? :) Then the mother hen came out with my do's and don'ts. :)  I am her mother...what else could I do! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Sunday - September 30

Bike
  • 2h 57m 52s
  • 47.43 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

MOT with Wayne. Onyx to Richmond. Stopped at just about every crossing today. :(

Bitch and bike today.  Great to see Batman and ride with him.  Been too long!  Chilly but beautiful morning to ride.  48 when we started out.  Hit the farmstand on the way home and spent a ton of $ on veggies.  I have no self control at that stand! Roasted beets and brussel sprouts.  Mmmmm

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.75

Saturday - September 29

Run
  • 1h 12m 11s
  • 7.37 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

20 wu with dynamic stretches
6x5 high z3/lowz4 1:30 ri
rest cd focus on form

Sport
  • Skipping
  • 10m

run drills as prescribed. HR got high and was a little tougher than I expected. :)

Homecoming for the boy today...his outfit is pressed and ready to go.  Now I can do my wo's!

*HR was really high today.  Didn't expect this to feel so hard after a day off.  Used McMillan pace chart with my Corktown 5k data as I don't have recent good race data to put in and I know I'm faster than the disasterous 5k after worlds.  I hit the paces but it felt really tough today.  Coach said I shouldn't be running by hr but pace, so now I'm back on the pace bandwagon.   Was supposed to swim but my elbow is really bugging me.  I will swim tomorrow post ride if it feels better.  If not, I won't. 

Dropped the boy at his homecoming party and had fun taking pictures of all the kids.  Then it was out to dinner to celebrate new teammate Bob's 6 years being cancer free, and his 1st HIM.  Had a good time and Dave even came and enjoyed himself.  The bad news is my boy didn't have fun at the dance.  His dream girl socialized with everyone but him apparently.  Two years of disappointment at homecoming for him so he left early. Poor baby. :( *

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.25

Friday - September 28

Short sleep but at least it is a REST DAY!  Met Cathleen for lunch (that eveolved into a 4 hour long sport, life gab fest!) then off to AA for Kaity concert #2 for the week. So glad the neighbors joined us for dinner and the concert.  Extra special that Meggles came to see Kaity too!!! Got to meet the guy Kaity is dating who is also a musician...oboe.  Seems like a nice kid. 

I was so parched I drank a liter of water in like 5 minutes on the way home.  Definately didn't drink enough today.  Spent like....10 hours sitting...literally!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Thursday - September 27

Swim
  • 1h 03m
  • 2550.00 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

300s/300p/100k
300,3x100.5x50 all w/ 15" ri
500 paddles
4x100 descend ar-th
50 cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 16.67 Mi/hr

30 we
5x5'50-60rpm z3. 5' ar
15' cd 90rpm

Gab fest at the pool with Cathleen, then Lab at 5 for more hill/strength work, and followed by the BOD meeting.  Long crazy day.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 9

TrishM's Training Log

October 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance