High 58F
Low 46F

Tuesday - November 20

Run
  • 38m 13s
  • 4.04 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

from home....with 4 strides at the end.

Ran from home after unpacking, cleaning up a bit and getting Bri to school.  Eye doc appt in the afternoon, ortho for Brian and picked up the fresh turkey.  HUGE LINE!  I hope the bird is delish! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Monday - November 19

Met the fabulous Mike Ricci at the airport! The threatened hug was delivered!   So great to finally meet the guy who is the voice of reason to my insecure triathlete.

Got signed up for IMAZ and met some nice folks in line.  Always fun to hear everyones story of how they came to IM triathlon.  Nell is SUPER excited to race her first.  Ranger has a very excited girlfriend for the next year me thinks!   So glad to be there when she pulled the trigger.  She's a lot like Ranger...very determined.  Geeked to be racing with so many friends and first timers in AZ. 

Sunday - November 18

Sport
  • Race Volunteering
  • 4h 30m

Bike to Run Gear bags! :)

Awesome day at the race.  Swim start was very cool (no pun intended...water temps of 64!) and was so happy to see Lloyd go out on the bike, get him his bike to run gear bag, and see him cross.  He was kinda out of it, but stopped to get a hug when he recognized me.  Then I met him in the athlete area and helped him connect with his kids.  He had eaten and was in much better shape.  So glad I got to see him finish and give him a hand when he needed it.  :)

Saturday - November 17

Up early for the athlete meeting, and connecting with Dave and Nell.  Walked the village, went to the EN 4 cornerstones of racing and met Rich and his dog Reily, who gave me a kiss.  :)  Good info at the meeting.  Then we met up with Nells friend from HS Tracy and had breakfast in town. 

Eventually we made our way down out to Scottsdale to visit Marie and Eric in the convertable!!! (soo fun!)  They live out in the sticks on a beautiful lot.  The have a HUGE home compared to their lake home here in MI, and it is just gorgeous.  The views are spectacular and so different than MI.  We went for a walk in the neighborhood and met the donkeys down the road.  Horse country! Marie said there are miles and miles of trails and a 50 mile race she can run to!  They are putting in a 25 yard pool with hot tub, outdoor kitchen and permenant firepit with beach area in the back yard.  Yes, they have it made!  Hopeful to have a training weekend or two out there this year in prep for IMAZ.  :)  We hung out watching the sunset, gazing at the sky full of stars drinking red wine, eating cheese, fruit and crackers and laughing and laughing and laughing.  Such a great night!!!

Friday - November 16

Run #1
  • 02m 28s
  • 0.25 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi
Run #2
  • 22m 10s
  • 2.20 miles
  • 10m 05s /Mi

quick jog from the hotel in AZ...hr monitor was whack.  BUT...so was my hr.  It wasn't as high as listed, but it was higher than normal.  Too bad I can't really run 5:37's like my watch recorded originally!

Hung out with Lloyd for a while today.  We had lunch, walked around the athlete village and happened by Trisports when they had their "meet the pros" gig going on. 

So, me being me, I saw Leanda Cave and had to get a photo with her.  She is one tall drink of water!  Tall girls CAN run and race hard!!!  She was very nice, and gave me some things to think about regarding nutrition and the run.  So awesome to meet her (and find out where she gets her jeans lol)  Hey...tall girls gotta stick together. ;) 

After that we drove the bike course loop.  AZ is three loops and it really only has a 9 mile false flat/low grade incline in it.  Slower up the beeline, haul ass back.  Got it. :)

Had dinner at Mimi's Cafe a short walk from the hotel by myself.  The Wards offered me turkey leftovers, but I choose to wait for my own dinner next week.  Had fun talking sport with the guys before bed. :)

Thursday - November 15

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 48m

build flow sage roundtree

Wednesday - November 14

TrishM's Training Log

November 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17