200 cd

Run
  • 43m 59s
  • 5.04 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

1 mile wu
4 miles mid tempo
walk 5' to cd (not in time above)

Hoop was there instead of Bonnie, and he wanted us to swim with the "big dogs" today.  It was a good workout.  Really focused on finishing my stroke and getting on my side during the fast fiftys.  The result was I wasn't too pooped at the end.  Kept the pace pretty consistant throughout.  Happy about that.  :)

Went to Paint Creek to run my short tempo run, but sat in the car forever.  I just didn't want to start!  Saw the Hanson boys again, watched them float away (warm and lazy in my car) and finally got myself out and going.  The first mile at was a low tempo, but 2,3 and 4 were faster than mid-tempo and they all felt pretty good.  HR was very good for paces.  This recovery week thing is pretty awesome. ;)

Now I've got a few errands to run.  I have a feeling the short sleep is going to catch up with me today.  We shall see.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.75
Bike
  • 1h 13m 22s
  • 20.66 miles
  • 16.90 Mi/hr

10 wu
6x5'threshold,3ar
10 cd

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 20m

yoga was pre ride, walking was as prescribed, off the bike

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 50m

yoga was pre ride, walking was as prescribed, off the bike

Yardwork in the "jungle" aka my back garden beds.  Oy.  It's a mess back there.  The weeds have really been enjoying this awesome spring.  I've got a lot to do to get it in shape. 

Got a few things done around the house before I headed outdoors,but mostly it was a lazy morning. :)

Legs felt fab on the bike tonight.  Got to cheer Angelo through his first 2x20 test...that boy has come a long way baby!  He is just so darn excited!  It's awesome to be around.  I did have to laugh...he asked me if I was a pro! LOLOLOLOL!  He is very new to the sport and has no idea just how many talented fast people there are out there.  I was tempted to say something off color, but he's just a baby (28 maybe?), and I don't want him to think I'm that dirty old lady from the lab. ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 54m
  • 2275.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

600 wu (2x200s, 50kick/50drill)
6x50 pull
3x200 pull 3/5 breath by 50
3x200 descend
5xsprint 25 off block

Run
  • 54m 32s
  • 5.85 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

10 wu
5 dynamic drills, 4 10" strides w/walkback
6x800 w/ 1:30 recovery
10 cd

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

rolling and stretching...worked a lot on sore inner rt quad at knee, itb and calves, plus pigeon and fire log pose.

Enjoyed the swim a lot this am.  Corey told me he almost pushed me off the block on my last sprint...I appreciate his restraint.  Somehow...I feel that given the opportunity again, he won't be so restrained, and I won't be so lucky. :)

Super happy with the track workout tonight.  Slowest was first 800 and each got faster ending under 3:40, which is fast for this old girl!  Wore the new regular cwx shorts and like them.  HR was better, and I guess my legs enjoyed the day of rest. 

I got a ton done in between swim and run, including taking the boy to get his drivers permit, and driving with him for the very first time.  :-0!  He is tentative, but did ok.  He doesn't like driving my edge...can't see the end of the car, and the turning radius is not as tight as his dad's car or the cars he did his training on.  He'll get used to it though.  He's so tall...we had to measure at Secretary of State...6'2".  How on earth did that happen.  He's only 15 and a couple months.  Oy.  My baby is driving my car and towers over me!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6
Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

with Dave and the pups

Scheduled day off!  Hot damn!  And I get Friday off too!  Whats a girl to do? ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.25
Bike
  • 1h 26m 25s
  • 27.17 miles
  • 18.86 Mi/hr
Run
  • 19m 19s
  • 2.23 miles
  • 08m 40s /Mi
Swim
  • 37m 30s
  • 1650.00 meters
  • 02m 16s /100 meters

3x550. Basically just swam. Not what coach wanted, but what I could do today.

Mock Tri was today with the BT peeps.  Good time! :)  I chose not to swim open water today...I've been fighting a sinus infection and I'll be damned if all my hard work towards the marathon gets jacked due to a cold.  Everyone who did swim said the water was good after getting your face in it.  It was about 62 degrees. 

Steve rode with me and I was supposed to ride 2.5 hours, but only did 1.5 plus my scheduled 20 minute brick.  We were the last ones to the picnic as it was.  Rode about an hour at en, then picked it up for the last half hour.  Brick was good too.  Chased Steve for a bit, and was happy my legs could move a bit faster at the end of the brick. 

The food and company was great.  It was good to see some BT'rs I haven't seen for a while.  We missed Miss Trixie, the Speedypants couple, Coop, Seashell, Rottie and Two hearted tho...

It was so good to see Little Ben, his big sis Lilly, TJ and Jason.  They were kind enough to give me a Team Ben jersey as a thank you for the fundraising I did in January for SMA.  Ben looked cool in his sunglasses, and he's gotten so big.  I can not imagine how hard it must be to be ON as a parent at all times with their little man.  All the ups and downs, all the hospital time, and knowing that he can leave them at any moment.  It was so good to hear about the family trip to Disney they got to take last month.  A small break in the routine for them.

Run #1
  • 2h 29m 08s
  • 16.00 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Mary Pace + :30
focus on form in second half of run

Run #2
  • 06m 04s
  • 0.31 miles
  • 19m 35s /Mi

cool down walk

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

as prescribed. did the darn firelog pose again. OW! :)

Stayed up too late, got a text at 6:15, and shut off my alarm at 7:15.  Needed the extra zzz's and since I was running solo, took them. :)

Very happy with the run today.  Wore my new cwx shorts and they were great.  I love that stuff!!!  Was very disciplined sticking to my 9:20 pace in the beginning.  I saw Jedidiah on the trail in mile two and we chatted for a while, which was very nice and unexpected.  And I kept my pace while chatting too. :)  Only had 3 gus' with me, and took them at 3,7 and 12.  Should have spaced them out a bit better.  Had 10 oz. of water and 11 of gatorade.  It was cool and cloudy till about 9.5 then the sun came out to stay.  My form was good the whole way and I only felt a bit fatigued in the very last mile.  Same places as always...front of right quad, a tiny bit in the right calf.  ITB was quiet which was great.  Chaffed again under the hr monitor.  :(  That horizontal strip is going to become permanent if I'm not careful! 

Got all the dinner fixin's with Dave post run, spread 10 bags of mulch, made the guacamole and these raw chocolate balls which are very healthful, but quite high in calories and fat.  Taking them to the mock tri tomorrow. 

I had a lot of friends racing today and lots tomorrow.  Marie won her ag at Wildflower and is considering coming to Spain for worlds!  :)  I hope my Kona Crush makes the trip.  That would be so much fun!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.25
Strength
  • 15m

as prescribed, 2 sets

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

with the pups and Dave post dinner pre boob tube with the neighbors

My swim date cancelled on me, so I worked in the yard instead.  Bad athlete. :(  Got a few odds and ends around the house taken care of, and most of the front bed weeded and grass removed.  Why is it my grass grows better IN my flower bed than my yard hmmmm? 

So much more to get to, plus the lake house.  This warm spring has been nice, but feeling behind on yardwork in early May kind of stinks.

At least I did my core, stretching and walk.  Lame, I know.

I am bringing my suit along when I go for my long run.  I may just pop in the ipod and swim a straight long set post run.  Hoping for a great 16 miler.  Made a very tasty pasta dinner that I hope sits well tomorrow.  We shall see.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.75

TrishM's Training Log

May 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time