Swim
  • 04m
  • 232.00 meters
  • 01m 43s /100 meters

part of transition practice in my lake

Sport
  • Transitions
  • 15m

did 2 full transitions with swimming at the lake. Muffed first bike mount, did ok on second.
Will practice again before race on Sunday.

Ran and rode at Indian Springs...love that park!  Windy again.  Nice temps though.  Tested the new seat position and it was ok.  Right hip only grumped a bit at the beginning.  My ITB is very very tight and my right glute is a bit tight too.  Yoga, rolling and stretching for me.  Didi the walt reynolds exercises and will be doing them daily to stave off major problems.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 48m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 32s /100 meters

200 wu
3x200 last 50 sprint :30 rest
50 kick ez
3x150 last 50 sprint :20 rest
50 kick ez
3x100 50 fast,50 ez :15 rest
50 kick ez
4x50 25 sprint,25 ez

Was wide awake fro 3-4am.  Decided to do some visulization for Motor City this weekend.  Hips are still sore even though I took 600 mg ibuprofin.  Did breast stroke kick and about died.  Only did that once lol.  Talked with coach about my hips...she wants me to take one more day, roll, then ride again to see how it goes.  She thinks I may just have activated some muscles not used before.  Yeah, me thinks so!

Hoping to get some plans for Spain finalized today.  And Dave is officially quiting his job.  His plan is to leave for Spain and not return to work when we get home.  Lots for him to do before 7/24 if that is to take place.  Me, I'm just pooping my pants trying to figure out how to make ends meet with no paycheck.  Fun.  Not.

*so I took Fiona to the shop...last weekend were my first hard rides since late April when I had the fit tweaked...got my saddle raised up a bit to see if that helps.  Why.  Why did I mess with her?  Stupid saddles sores last season. Fingers crossed my hip issue is resolved.  Tomorrow I ride if the weather is good.*

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 2h 06m 31s
  • 37.83 miles
  • 17.94 Mi/hr

Stony loops
20 wu
30' 90%ft, 10' ar
2x15'FT, 4' ar
80% to time

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

with the pups in the evening

Crap.  Hips were super sore again.  Rode in the heat of the day, got the first set done, with a roadie sucking my wheel for most of it.  Took my recovery, and he was checking on me waving me to rejoin him. :)  Felt like a real biker!  BUT...the hips were KILLING ME!  I almost cried.  I fell apart on the last set again. The finish of the ride...I.could.not.push.even.150watts.  No way.  It was all I could do to just spin my way back to the car.  Bad thoughts were rolling around in my head during that spin.  Like, I know I suck on the run, but if I don't have my happy place on the bike, why am I doing this?  I don't feel bike ready for Spain.  I know I've got a little time, but I'm not happy about this new pain on the bike...not at all.  Skipped my short brick and decided to add a walk with the dogs later in the day. 

The good news is my friend Tyla kicked some SERIOUS ass at Eagleman, won her ag and is headed to Kona this fall!  :)  I was super happy to get that update after I finished my bike from Steve.  I called him and he let me whine about the hips, and I listened while he whined about his ride this am (he bonked about 50 miles in)  Neither of us is feeling prepared for Worlds.  Lots to do these next few weeks.  If the body allows.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 3h 06m 45s
  • 58.54 miles
  • 18.81 Mi/hr

Belle Isle
20 wu
2x35' 90% FT, 15' ar
2x15' FT, 4'ar
80% to time

Run
  • 25m 03s
  • 2.54 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

10' z1
8'z2
7'z3
5'walk (not shown above)

Wow...hot and windy today.  Really really windy on the second half of my 3 hrs.  Belle Isle is still messy from the Grand Prix last week, and I almost got run over by forklifts moving the concrete barriers quite a few times today!  I was lucky to have Scott ride 1.5  of the first intervals with me and Edgar rode the first 15' interval with me.  :)  My hips are killing me though.  I've never had this particular issue before on the bike.  My left hurts more (but that is the hip that took the brunt of my fall on the trail Wednesday).  I got my bike tweaked about 2 weeks ago, but this wo was my first hard set since the fit.  Not cool.  Super painful, and well, awful. 

I did the brick, but was SUPER SLOW!  I stayed in my hr zones though, and when I was done I went straight to the chilly Detroit River to cool down the sticks. It felt soooo good!  When I got changed I saw that the temp was over 90.  I guess I didn't notice it because the winds were so heavy. 

I went back to the lake, we went swimming with the boys, enjoyed the boat, had a nice dinner out and got the house all picked up and headed home.  Dave wanted to sleep in Troy before his double header at work. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 5.75
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

with the pups mid afternoon. from lake to mtb trail and back.

Jonah went on strike at 38 minutes.  I brought my fuel belt with water for them, gave them drinks every 10-15 minutes, but he had to laydown.  Took us 45 minutes to finish the walk...he layed down 2 more times.

Run
  • 1h 13m 47s
  • 7.57 miles
  • 09m 45s /Mi

20' z1
40' z2
2x12' low z3,2'z1
10' z2
12' mid z3
3-5' z1

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 14.50 miles
  • 14.50 Mi/hr

Bianchi on trainer at home...easy spin to loosen legs from run

Sore and achy from my splat yesterday, and my first longish swim in a while. 

Didn't get running till 11:30 (dumb to run in the heat of the day, but I needed to spend some time with Dave before he left for work) the watch died at 1:13 into the run.  Which was fine, because once again the hr data was shit.  I'm really getting pissed about all the $ I've invested in getting stupid data that is janky.  So, after hitting the potty along my route, it was time to run zone 3 (legs were feeling the trail/hills from yesterday) instead of a specific pace.  So yeah, the hr data is pretty important here....but no...would my *$%#&(@*& HR strap pick up proper data?  Why no, that would make it easy for me to do my wo!  I just bought ultrasound gel last week to help eliminate this issue, but of course it didn't help.  So I did the best I could.  Then the watch died, so it was time to run by RPE.  Of course it is a goal to know my body while racing, so I just estimated the distance and time for the last part of my run.  The bad news is I really took wayyyy to long walking between tempo efforts.  Oh well...I did the best I could. 

Phone calls about refinancing, Spain travel, board of directors prep, making a decent dinner for the boy, and my BoD meeting meant I was riding in my living room at 10pm.  My legs were tired so I knew it would do me good to spin, so I got it done.  Gosh, I love my bike.  Really really I do.

Dave got home at about 10:45 looking super stressed.  I mother henned him, made him have a glass of red and talk it out with me, and gave him a shoulder massage to release some tension.  Tomorrow will be another pain in the ass day for him.  Looking forward to a fire pit at the lake and some Rand R tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 03m 06s
  • 6.05 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

Stony MTB trail
15 z1
3x(8'z3-5,2'z2)
15z2
lots of stops to figure out where I was on the trail

Swim
  • 52m 10s
  • 2629.81 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

ows Lake Erie...3 lengths of the breakwall instead of 4 tonight. Temp was 64
Fatigued in shoulders a tad

I was so geeked to be running on the trail in my skirt...then I tripped .22 miles into the run and had a spectacular splat.  Thank goodness nobody witnessed that lack of grace.  My hip is sore, my hand, knee, shoulder blade and high on my hip are all scratched and ouchie.  I'll be taking some vitamen I tonight before bed.

So, tonight was the first OWS.  I got stuck in traffic and everybody was waiting on me...15 minutes!  Crap!  Stupid construction!  When we finally hit the drink, it was a balmy 64.  I was wise and brought my silicone cap and decided to wear a second cap as well.  Smart decision.  I was pretty comfy for most of the swim.  We had no driver tonight so swam the breakwall...the boat started drifting into the rocks!  I stopped and helped push the bow out and Curt got it re anchored and I kept swimming.  So as I was approaching the boat, I saw lots of peeps on deck, so I cut out one lap.  I should have kept going as Ranger was still swimming and I probably could have gotten one more in, but after holding up the boat to start, I guess it was a good move not to do that twice in one night.  I'll get it all in next Wednesday for sure.  Shoulders were a little fatigued, but I don't know if it was the straight swim or the fall this afternoon. :)  What a dope!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 10

TrishM's Training Log

June 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time