Low 57F

Tuesday - June 19

Bike
  • 1h 30m 04s
  • 26.53 miles
  • 17.67 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 20m

ab ripper with Bonnie post ride. Crap! Ow!
Walt reynolds for itb

Hard work in the lab today.  Hot as hell...literally.  I decided to do my TH intervals inside so there was no fluffing about.  I may even do my long ride and brick indoors.  Not that I want to, but I have paid for the lab,and if I end up riding alone, I might as well. 

Booked transport for the bikes back to the shop for Steve, Joanna and myself today.  Damn,this sport is pricey! 

Thursday I'm off to Grand Rapids to invest in my daughters bass career.  New bow...big bucks.  Sigh. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Hours slept: 7.5

Monday - June 18

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1850.00 meters
  • 02m 42s /100 meters

500 wu
4x50 drill/swimm
4x50 ez/fast
4x25 kick
3x300 descend (cut last one short)

Schools out...little people were eyeballing me to get out of my lane at 6:55, so now I know!  Don't sleep that extra 10 minutes...be in the pool early to get it all in. :)

We have all our hotels, apt nights booked for Spain.  Now for the bullet train, and a rental car.  And deciding where to day trip to.  Exciting!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - June 17

Swim
  • 25m 32s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 01m 42s /100 meters

very nice swim low chop and nice current for about half.

Bike
  • 1h 03m 02s
  • 23.50 miles
  • 22.37 Mi/hr

4 loops. I adjusted data to match course info,but it was short (of course) Low winds

Run
  • 54m 05s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 43s /Mi

6.2 not. 6.01 (8:54 pace) and athsma during run. I walked aod stations to dump water and allow hr to drop

Love Motor City, but was not excited to race, especially after falling.  Weather was very warm compared to last year, but the wind was lower so that was nice since the bike is on an island that notoriously gives you hell on one side, and heaven on the other.  :)  Once I got swimming, I lost the bad mood, and started to be excited to be racing.  I had a very nice swim.  The bike was good, and I didn't kill myself, but still got a new oly bike pr pace.  Finally broke 22!  The run was not good.  It was a new course as well, no shade like in years past ( but much shorter...6.2 instead of 6.6 and it really was only 6.05ish) and I had to use the inhaler about mid way.  I still chugged along, but my legs had no snap and my lungs were fussy.  My hr was where it should have been though.  I kept pushing.  Happy about that! 

Post race was weird (my whole team is different from last year) but fun as it is the social event of the season and I got to see lots of friends that I don't see much anymore.  Oh, and there was beer. :)  We had a little picnic too with the club and that was fun.  Lots of podium time for Team Green.  Hapy about my 5th oa female, and ag win (even though I will always be behind teammate and TEAM USA sister Cathleen! She stormed to 3oa!) 

Going to a sports pulmanary doc for proper inhalers as I learned post race what I am using is NOT good for athletes racing.  I don't need it often, but when I do, I don't want to use the wrong stuff!

Had a most excellent Beer Butt chicken for dinner with the family (Dave made dinner on fathers day!  I'm so mean!!!) and my usual date with Jogo in the  evening (who was a surprise spectator and grabbed my goggles for me when they went flying in transition!)  I have the best neighbor! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.5

Saturday - June 16

Bike
  • 28m 26s
  • 5.80 miles
  • 12.24 Mi/hr

course preview with the gang

Swim
  • 15m 28s
  • 647.00 meters
  • 02m 23s /100 meters

swam sprint course buoy to buoy with the gang and Pammy

Crap.  Fell again, this time off Fiona in front of my teammates and coach.  Nice.  Smashed my same left hip, hurt my shoulder and right wrist. :(  Seriously?  Again?  Grrrr.   Swim went fine, but we ran into a bunch of folks at the beach and by the time we swam, I had to leave right afterwards.  New run course (but the island is super flat) and the ART doc was there, but I didn't have time to get worked on. Grrrr.  I did have a nice time with Dave at the grad party we went to.  I had some icecream I should have skipped, but hey...I had to pass on the beer! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7

Friday - June 15

Rest day...lol.  Picking up the wolverine today for the summer, Brian finishes his last day of Freshman year, appointment at the lake house to get the garage door fixed, water the plants and turn sprinklers back on, then off to Tyla's Kona Celebration!  Really looking forward to that! But I also have a million little things to accomplish in between! Wheeee!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - June 14

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 38s /100 meters

600 WU s,k,p
10x50 drill, swim by 50
4x50 kick 25 ez, 25 hard
500 pull
100 cd

Bike
  • 1h 04m 13s
  • 16.10 miles
  • 15.04 Mi/hr
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

with Amanda...no mercy today with my super tight right side, hips and glutes. Made Dave an appointment for Monday, and warned Amanda...he's 6'7" and BIG FEET! :)

Woke up with nightmares and sweats. Yay. :-/

Swim felt good and it wasCHILLY!  Steamy pool this am. I kind of like that.  Rode afterwards...recovery spin.  Lots of bunnies and birds on the trail.  Oh, and old people.  Lots of old people walking.  I want to be the old lady running and riding.  Thats my goal! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Hours slept: 5

Wednesday - June 13

Bike
  • 1h 08m 42s
  • 19.23 miles
  • 16.79 Mi/hr

15 wu
4x6'th,2'ar
15 cd

Swim
  • 1h 05m 21s
  • 3505.81 meters
  • 01m 52s /100 meters

Lake Erie OWS

Hip a tad ouchie, getting a massage tomorrow.  Lots of slowdowns due to street crossing on MOT today for th efforts.

OWS was great...Mother Nature gave us a sunny calm water day, until that last lap when the wind picked up, and so did the chop. 67 degrees, and very

comfy with two lids. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

TrishM's Training Log

June 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time