Tuesday - July 10

Run
  • 1h 00m 14s
  • 5.74 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

15 wu
10x 45" hill strides, walk to start
rest to time z1

Hill repeats on the MTB trail....awesomeness!!!  This was sooo much more fun than running over the i-75 overpass from the Troy house! I was going to drive to Indian Springs for the one hill on the path, but I figured, why not run at the MTB trail instead.  It was perfect!  A half mile of flat to the first winding sandy hill.  The nice thing is there is more of that hill for my next set of repeats that will be longer I'm sure!  When I was running up those hills I was channelling my inner Yeats...Elvis Costello came on the Ipod, I was running hard up hills in a beautiful park and I was grinning...for the first 5 or 6 any ways. :)  Good stuff! 

My sister was in town unexpectedly, and between getting the house ready for our guests, and traveling to have an unplanned dinner with my sister, I ended up missing my swim.  Again.  Bad athlete. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Monday - July 9

Run
  • 1h 00m 03s
  • 6.34 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

20 z1
10 z3
5 z1
15 z1/2
10 z1

Cooler temps felt great on this run.  Did my Gale road run.  :)  LOVE.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Sunday - July 8

Bike
  • 1h 53m 14s
  • 29.31 miles
  • 15.53 Mi/hr
Run
  • 30m 50s
  • 3.32 miles
  • 09m 17s /Mi

with Kona girl Tyla, Brad and Shannon from TFL at Holly Rec Area...HILLY!  It's a short route, only about 6 miles or so, but very hilly and winding.  Made my prescribed workout pretty much impossible, but I sure did get my threshold going on on the 4 big climbs each loop. 

Tyla had a 1.5 hour bike and 1 hr run, so she and Brad ran 30' together, then she grabbed me.  Hilly on the run too.  Ran a little harder than prescribed, but hey...hills make you stronger right?  It was such a difference running in the cooler temps.  Awesomeness!!!

Saturday - July 7

The 4th was a scheduled rest day with my ows included.  Took a powder on today's swim instead. 

Friday - July 6

Bike
  • 1h 33m 06s
  • 28.09 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

ISMP
28 wu w/ spin ups
2x6'ft,3'ar,3'105% ft, 4'
balance to time easy spinning

Run
  • 30m 04s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 01s /Mi

10' z2,
3x5' z31' ar
rest to time z1
(walk 5' cd not in time)

HOTTTTTTT!  sleeping in is killing me!  Soooo Hot!  Bike was ok, but man, every mile got slower on the run.  Maybe I wasn't fully rehydrated after last nights late run.  I thought I was done for on my "cooldown"!  Went straight to the sink in the bathroom for the cold water splash down on my face neck and wrists.  Ahhhhh!

Thursday - July 5

Run
  • 56m 19s
  • 6.13 miles
  • 09m 11s /Mi

10k from lake house to teggerdine

Stomach cramps off and on all day. Third day in a row I've been Crampy in the belly. . Been eating poorly and drinking well water. Was going to take a full day off, but felt decent after dinner, so I went for a dusk run down Gale road. It goes by Pontiac lake, then turns into slightly rolling dirt and is really nice to run. Ran tempo hr for a lot of it. Felt good to breath deep!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - July 4

Swim
  • 53m 56s
  • 3456.00 meters
  • 01m 34s /100 meters

Point to point Lake Erie Swim

Slept through my alarm and basically jumped into my swim suit and took off out the door.  No time for coffee even. It takes even longer to get to Curts from the lake.  I felt like blowing it off, but I hate to  waste any chance to swim in big water, so I went.  Ranger was a saint and shared his black coffee with me on the boat.  I am such an addict!

So, it was totally worth it to swim...the current was bitchin' fast again.  I *wish* I could always swim that far that fast! Anybody know how to pack a current in their pocket?  I'd love to take it with me to Spain and IMFL! ;)

I enjoyed the fruit Porane put out for us post swim.  The rest of the gang went on a super hot 48 mile ride and then bbq'd at Curts.  Usually I am bummed to miss group rides, but I was more than happy to pass on this 100 degree day!  I spent the rest of the day hanging with Dave, went to the show (power went out) went out to dinner and relaxed back at the lake.  Good times! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

TrishM's Training Log

July 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance