• 30m 08s
  • -----
  • -----

ez run with 8 30' strides at LTF with Cath

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 15m

ow. that is all

Thank goodness the big a$$ed swim is NEXT friday! Met Cath (first words out of her mouth in the locker room were "I hate you" LOL) saw Seashell, then hit it. Hand felt great and so did all the sets till the 200s. THen my form was a bit off, brain was wandering and I was thinking about food lol. Hot tub for a few minutes, then upstairs to run for 30'. Got in all the strides and felt suprisingly good. HR on run was quite low and effort was easy.

Then it was off to "massage" abuse. Mike has a wicked sense of humor. He plays very cool music (not typical fluffy massage music) and chose a particular song by title...from the Matrix. Club me to death I believe the title was. Oy! And he did! He is awesome, but man does it hurt working out some of the sticky bits. Made my appointment for the Sunday before I leave. HOLY CRAP....Under a month!!!

Thursday - October 24

Run
  • 2h 33m 17s
  • 17.01 miles
  • 09m 01s /Mi

long run with Cath (behind her this week!) at Stony with Nature center
15' wu 3(15' z1,30' z2)
practiced walk breaks, gel at mile 7, 3 salt tabs.

Super chilly and very windy today. Sunny at least.

Run went well, but seemed harder than last week. Good pace, glad to have hit 17, but well...it was just harder. Partly because Cath is running much better, which meant she didn't run with me much! I also ran sans music expecting to chat. She told me she wanted 18, and I actually toyed with it a bit, but decided to be a good girl and just go over time a few minutes to get to 17, and not push my luck. Cath is a much faster runner than me, and has been dealing with injury and NEEDED the 18. Me, I'm happy with all my long runs thus far and my durability in general. No need to get greedy and eff it all up!

Tomorrow, big a$$ed swim, short run and MASSAGE, which is code for torture. Gonna need a bite stick. ;)

Wednesday - October 23

Bike
  • 1h 23m 22s
  • 25.09 miles
  • 18.06 Mi/hr
was supposed to power test. Nope. No mojo, shitty cold windy weather. Barley got my time in and almost got blown off the bike twice in the last loop. Very Scary. I'm not exactly a light weight...it was WINDY. Texted Eric I'm out for Saturday. Gonna ride at the lab. No sense being a tough ass in 30 degree gusty conditions and wipe out 3 weeks out from the big show. Trainer for me this weekend. Going to suck, but I'll walk away!

Tuesday - October 22

Swim
  • 1h 12m
  • 3300.00 meters
  • 02m 11s /100 meters

200 wu
6x500 rp, 30" ri
100 cd

pain on top of left hand was there again. Less pronounced when I switched to my swimsense watch. Couldn't pull as hard as I wanted with left side. Have no idea why this hand pain popped up again. Grrrrrrrr.

Run
  • 56m 46s
  • 6.03 miles
  • 09m 25s /Mi

15' wu with 3 strides
3x1 mile at z4, 2' ri
rest to time z1/2

from LTF

Unexpected visit from our neice this am had me arriving late to the gym, but I got a lane right away and got going. The top of my right hand was really sore and tender from swimming yesterday. It hurt while swimming, and bugged me enough to put ketaprofin on it at bed. I've had this issue before...don't have a clue why it showed up again. Started the swim with my 910 on, but decided to try my old swim watch and it felt better. I still felt it, but not as much. Using the cream again tonight. Grrr. My penance perhaps for missing two swims last week. :(

I brought warm stuff to run post swim outside. It was chilly out, but I really dislike doing mile repeats on the mill. Plus I get to run my favorite hilly bit of Troy. :) Did my first repeat on that hilly bit (really it's not that hilly, but for Troy it is!) and it was tough, but I got er done. Then the next two were faster. Felt terrific on them. Saw lots of pretty colors, birds flocking and little league football practice. Felt super lucky to be out running while so many on the road were making their way home.

Then when I got home, the man had made a great dinner. I hinted that we had veggies (kale, blah blah) and he made a killer kale waldorf salad! Pecan encrusted chicken was the protein, and some rice on the side. I love it when his Martha side shows up in a healthy way! :)

Monday - October 21

Swim
  • 1h 07m 04s
  • 2800.00 meters
  • 02m 24s /100 meters

200 wu
16x100 50hard/50ez, 20" ri
16x50 25hard/25ez, 20' ri
200 cd

Run
  • 50m 39s
  • 5.15 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

10'z1 1%
18' z1/2 3% incline
22' z1+ 1%
On TM at LTF

Would not allow myself to run UNTIL I'd gotten my swim done. WTH. Really? WHO.AM.I????

I missed two swims (one BIG one) last week and after a very fun (and beer) filled weekend it's time to get back at it. Back to clean eating, and getting in all my swims! And everything else. Under 4 weeks. CRAP! Scheduled a massage fore Friday, and Sunday before I leave. Might squeeze in one more. Booked the lab for my final race rehearsal. Hoping to get a good crew to ride with (there are about 20 of us from MI racing!)

Not sleeping great. Been having a hard time falling asleep. Going to do some stretching and be IN BED by 10:30 tonight to see if that helps.

My stinky dogs get a bath tomorrow. They are so cute, but the bushy butts must go and the funky pup smell can go with the fur!!! :)

Sunday - October 20

Run
  • 35m 16s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 49s /Mi

quick run from home to offset tailgate food! :)

GO LIONS! Going to the game! Fingers crossed my Lions Fan is happy when we leave Ford Field!

Saturday - October 19

Bike #1
  • 3h 30m 03s
  • -----
  • -----
Bike #2
  • 3h 30m
  • 61.40 miles
  • 17.54 Mi/hr

rode at the lab today because it was CRAPPY out. Jen was there first 2 hours, then Kevin and Lainey. Focused on watts a lot in the last hour...low tempo for most of that.

z2-3 ride

avg hr 122

most of the 2.5 hours I rode with Jen were low z2, then I rode harder the last hour. Blew a tire after 30'. So glad that happened to me on the trainer and not Tyla when she was racing on the Red Devil!

Met the Robinson's for dinner and the DSO. We had a blast. Great company,dinner was yummy, the John Williams program was fantastic (STARWARS and Jaws..how can you go wrong!) and wait for it...I had good hair. LMAO! Not often I get cleaned up, wear makeup AND have good hair. Must appreciate life's small gifts! Hahaha!

TrishM's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned