• 09m 25s /Mi

15 wu w/ 4x20" strides
4x200m at 7:35, 200 ar
2x400 at 7:35 300 ar
2x200 at 7:30, 200 ar
rest to time at z2

Strength
  • 30m

assisted pull ups, biceps, triceps,core balance on ball, balance and squats on bosu, hip exercises, abs with 8b ball

Met CBW and ran...as always she inspired me to do a bit more. :)  Love working hard side by side with that girl!  Then we played for a bit doing a little of this, a little of that.  Ended in the bubble tub. Fun. 

Then not fun.  Life sucked the awesome out of the workout once again.  Very frustrated by my young man of late.  Very.  Got a text from my dear friend Steve...he put me in my place.  Good to have friends to help you remove your head from your ass when you need it. 

Icing on the cake was a call to come visit my grand niece for the first time.  I held her for over an hour and got her into a deep sleep.  Babies make everything better...if you get to hand them back to their parents. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 35m 20s
  • 25.75 miles
  • 16.21 Mi/hr

25 wu
12 z2
3x15 z4, 4' z1

Run
  • 16m 04s
  • 1.64 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

quicky bricky
z1 plus 5x20" strides

Strength
  • 15m

hip exercises, run drills, push ups, pull ups (faux) and planks

Wowza.  Tough tough tough.  Had to get a gel after the first set as I got HUNGRY, and knew I would not be able to make it with out the extra calories.  Serves me right for only having had 450 calories by 2pm.  Hippo dogs for dinner last night didn't exactly set me up for a well fueled ride either. :)

Had a super yummy dinner tonight though...and tried (in vain) to resolve my iphone issue with FB.  Too tired to screw with it anymore tonight.  Sick/run down hubby and my turn to get up with the boy...it's off to stretch and put on my sexy tights so I can hit my numbers on the track tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 30m
  • 914.40 meters
  • 03m 17s /100 meters

fist, one arm and shark drills mixed with 50's

Strength
  • 20m

myrtles, hip exercises, faux pull ups, push ups core

Somebody was snoring ALL night.  And it wasn't me. :(  Crap sleep and got up with the boy.  Got a few chores done, and the menu flushed out for St. Patty's day (my baby's 16th birthday!!!!)  My baby...is 6'3 3/4" tall.  Holy crap.  He's gonna pass up his cousin Patrick at this rate. Oy! 

Bri had a physical this weekend and I requested glucose and cholesterol testing because his diet is so wretched.  His weight is in range for his height at least.  I just worry he may have the makings for bad numbers since he is so picky and loves processed carbs.  My mini me when I was his age.  Wish I could get him moving now, instead of his 40's like his old Mom!

Got a text from Cathleen about swimming and met her for chat, thearapy and drills.  I smell like chlorine.  From sitting and bs'ing in the warm pool pre drills, and bubble tub post drills.  Sexy.  Very Sexy.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 25m 03s
  • 3.19 miles
  • 07m 51s /Mi

Corktown 5k. Ran with Pammy
No real warm up.

Kept waking up worried that I would sleep in due to spring forward.  Bahhhh.  :(  Rolled out the door with Jo at 10:20 or so, and walked to the Team Motiv8 tent.  Got hugs from Kimm, KL, Jeremy, Pammy and her sis Julie, Jason, Jamie and pet the pups. Found Joe and hugged him up in line for the loo.  :)  Saw a few fraser peeps too.  Love running Corktown!  The streets are covered with green racers!  :)  10200 people this year.  Awesome. 

Ran with Pammy with no real plan other than don't run all out (advise from my ART doc) and keep up with the youngin'!  She has not been running at all this month, so I was able to keep up with her, and actually out run her by a few seconds.  Lol.  That won't happen again this season. :)  Effort felt good for the pace, and ended up 12th in my ag of over 400.  Not horrible by any stretch, but sooooo not a pr run.  My buddy Lloyd smashed his 5k pr and was super excited to be top 10% in his ag for the first time.  HJL had a sub 26' 5k setting a new pr, and Joe's wife set a pr too.  Mother Nature delivered once again with a beautiful day.  And this year on the parade route, there were green wenches and pirates.  Awesome! :)  Missed Ranger, Nell and Scribby, but had a great time with Jo and everybody I ran into. 

Then my day turned kind of shitty.  Not gonna go into it, but yeah.  Pretty shitty.  Ended up at the neighbors, drinking her wine (more than usual) and eating her home made cookies.  I have the best neighbor, even if I still eat my feelings sometimes.

• Health data: Sleep: 2
  • RACE DAY: St. Patrick's Parade Corktown 5k
  • RACE DAY: St. Patrick's Parade Corktown 5k
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.70 miles
  • 08m 49s /Mi

7.5' z2
7.5' z3

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 37.00 miles
  • 18.50 Mi/hr

25' wu
2x15' z4, 5' z1
1x5' z4, 5'z1
40 z3
5'z1

Yowza.  New power numbers rock.  If you're into that sorta thing.  I am glad my hoo ha was out of commission for a few days...got me out of a couple hard rides this week.  This one was tough, but doing it at the lab with my peeps made it so much easier to suffer. ;) Brick went well...z3 was tougher than I would have liked (no chattering today!) but doable.  Me thinks my legs are recovered.  Big lunch post brick was fun.  Then dinner was a big fat steak.  And yummy veggies of course.  Hope all that red meat doesn't slow me down too much tomorrow.  :)

So pooped from the big night and hard workout.  Wanted to go visit  with my new grand neice Mara, but just. could. not. do. it.  They are here all week.  :) 

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 28m 34s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

5k from home with 4 strides

Strength
  • 20m

myrtles, hip exercises, pushups, short core routine

It's Dave's big night tonight.  Getting the hair and make up done, and (booooo) returning "the one".  No formal occasions on the horizon so the expensive sexy dress must go back.  Excited to have dinner with my down river peeps and the Whites.  Then to premier!  And afterparty!  Woot!

Swim
  • 35m
  • -----
  • -----

swim lesson...video taping today

Run
  • 1h 30m 20s
  • 10.07 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

16' wu with strides
3x1 at z4, w/ 1 at z1/2
rest to time z3

Legs felt dead to start, then got better each mile repeat.  First one, dogs chased me, second one, half of the mile was on super snowy sidewalks, last one was best and in the road.  Plus my legs were finally really warm. :)  Finished nice and strong and at or above z3 pace.  Starting to feel a bit more durable on the run.  A bit. :)

Swim lesson/video taping went well.  Time with the girl did not.  Very frustrating. This break we are butting heads big time.  Oy.  Not fun!  So, apparently I have pretty good technique, but need to rotate and finish my stroke.  I'm looking forward to fixing these issues that I've been trying to fix for years. ;)

TrishM's Training Log

March 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • December's totals