Low 51F

Sunday - April 14

Strength
  • 20m

hip homework, myrtle routine

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

In Ann Arbor with the girl, the man and the pups. Finally made my way to the Arb for part of it. LOVE it there. MUST RUN THE ARB! :)

Tiny bit sore from the run yesterday.  Not as much as after Rock CF though, so happy about that.  So many friends got pr's yesterday...so awesome to be racing with everyone! :)  Now if I could just magically fix Scribby's calf so he could have a perfect run tomorrow at Boston, I'd be so happy!  Fingers crossed that he has a great experience. 

Lots to do today...the sun is out (It's a miracle!) I'm visiting the bassist with the puppies, making arrangements for hotel and car for FL, and planning my adventure on Saturday of pacing Ranger at his 100 miler.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8

Saturday - April 13

Run #1
  • 1h 51m 32s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 08m 31s /Mi
Run #2
  • 1h 51m 34s
  • -----
  • 08m 28s /Mi

Martian Half race

Wait what?  Another PR on a rolling turning course on a windy day?  Alrighty then...I'll take it!  Whoop!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Friday - April 12

Packet pick up, maybe dinner with Dave and Nell, and to BED EARLY! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - April 11

Run
  • 45m 19s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 04s /Mi

easy with strides at the end

Strength
  • 10m

hip homework

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 20m

Nice short run with 6 strides at the end.  Cold, wet. 

Got a great massage from a new therapist.  Really liked him.  :)

Dinner out for my traditional pasta, and got the IRS refund check today.  Great Thursday!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 8

Wednesday - April 10

Bike
  • 1h 32m 22s
  • 22.81 miles
  • 14.82 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 15m

pushups, core, hip homework

Well, that sucked.  HR and rpe were high.  Improved 4 watts in Vo2max, and 1 measly watt in threshold.  Whoopie.  

I looked at the data and first thought I'd dropped my threshold number, so I guess 1 measly watt is a win, when I though it went down. ;) 

I guess I'm not surprised...I was having a hard time holding the 100% longer FTH rides but not the vo2max.  Makes sense.  Of course, an elevated hr and a crapper night of sleep couldn't have helped. 

Overall, I'm quite pleased with my progress in the outseason.  It was a bit bumpy on the bike here at the end, but I'm in a much better place than last year watts wise at this point, and I hope that will translate to further improvements when and if the Great Lake State ever decides to warm the heck up, and I can ride outdoors again. 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.75

Tuesday - April 9

Bike
  • 35m 46s
  • 9.01 miles
  • 15.11 Mi/hr

easy spin only

Run
  • 15m 23s
  • 1.61 miles
  • 09m 33s /Mi

easy brick run---went too fast at beginning. :(

Strength
  • 20m

run drills, pushups, squat and hip homework

Just a quick spin and trot as prescribed.  Bike test tomorrow, run test Saturday.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Monday - April 8

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1700.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

100 kickboard drill
3x500 10:30, 10:11, 10:19
100 cd br,back,br,free

What the crap?  I was still WIDE awake at 3am!  As in not fallen asleep yet!  Gahhhhh!  It wasn't even a flashy night.  Just. Wide. Awake. 

Today was to be an off day, but I just wanted to get in a few 500's.  It was great fun.  Swam with HJL, Cathleen, Jen and Yvette!  The gang was all there.  John showed me another drill with paddles to hip you to what your hand is doing (or rather not doing) during the catch and pull phase.  And the finish, which is where I fall off the shot a lot.   

Middle set was good...roll was good and finish was better. Got a bit winded, but felt the surge I was looking for stroke to stroke.  Practice Practice.  Trying to be a little bird and imprint over the YEARS of flat swimming and fluffing my finish!

Plane tickets are purchased for Florida. Now I've got to rent a car, locate a pool and *fingers crossed* get a day to ride with Trixie out of Tampa.  The rest of this month is going to be BUSY!

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Hours slept: 5.5

TrishM's Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance