Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 76F
Low 64F

Saturday - April 20

Run
  • 5h 27m 30s
  • 17.00 miles
  • 19m 16s /Mi

Paced Ranger and Beth at the Indiana 100 Mile Ultra one loop in the beautiful pitch black!

Seriously...I know I had a great dinner out last night, but this weight gain is just stupid!  My body damn well better not be on the path of last year that had me racing in the 150's.  After the run in the dark tonight, I'm back on my new program with daily training, and I'll be damned if I'm keeping those stinkin' 5 lbs.  No, they are gonna GO!

Excited to pace with Dave and Beth.  Pray I don't eat it in the dark on the trail.  Pray I have whatever it is my two awesome ultra friends need, when they need it.  :)  They have already been running almost 4 hours.  Lap one is almost done! :)

Dave and Beth snagged some pizza after lap 3...50 down, 50 to go!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Friday - April 19

Swim #1
  • 18m 30s
  • 680.00 meters
  • 02m 43s /100 meters

one arm drills, 6x3 drills paddle drills, mixed in with freestyle
50 bs to cd

Swim #2
  • 18m 09s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 01m 49s /100 meters

improptu swim tt

Decided after 4 laps to do an improptu swim TT.  I needed a baseline for next week, and although it was in the short warm pool, and not ideal, I went for it.  Happy with the starting time, although I'm not sure I am that fast with all the pushing off the wall. Found out the warm pool is 20 meters, not 20 yards.  Either way, its a place to start.  I'll plug the data into my card from Fraser to get paces.  It's not gonna be pretty, thats for sure!  It will come back...it has to!  Race in 7 weeks!

Tonight its dinner out with some of Dave's movie friends...a couple that were both extra's with him.  She is a sculpter and makes wedding cake toppers and made an awesome statue of him in his Winkie uniform.  She refused to let him pay, so we will eat and drink instead.

Tomorrow to Indiana to be the privledged pacer for Beth and Ranger.  It's gonna, and I quote the awesome Ranger "suck and be fun". 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 5.75

Thursday - April 18

Bike
  • 2h 04m 28s
  • 37.79 miles
  • 18.22 Mi/hr

4 loops at Stony w/ Cathleen

Run
  • 20m 01s
  • 2.26 miles
  • 08m 51s /Mi
Strength
  • 10m

run drills

MOO.  Gaining weight, craving sweets (and indulging in), poopy sleep.  Not a good combo.

In good news, I got to ride with Cathleen at Stony before the storms rolled in. 15mph winds to start the bike, and 23mph at the end!  I rode 4 loops, Cath 3.  She ran 6 after the ride, I ran 2.25.  I pushed her, and enjoyed riding a bit harder that last lap. She kills me on the run as always. :)  Enjoying the transition week. Saw LOTS of deer, the spring peepers were at it again, and saw a cool pair of ducks on the run.  Good wildlife sightings at the park today.

The annoying news...roadies that come RIGHT next to you with out a peep were plentiful in the park today. So, yeah, I'm a triathlete, I don't draft or have good pack manners,  I'm laid out on my horns because the wind is nasty and it's what I do, and when I pass, I say on your left.  Roadies, please don't sneak up on me and come so close if I get twitchy, sneeze or lose focus we'll be doing endos together! Rant over! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 8

Wednesday - April 17

Run
  • 1h 43m 11s
  • 8.76 miles
  • 11m 47s /Mi

hiking and bridle trails at Pontiac Lake Rec Area

Strength

core x2 pushups

Sport
  • Rock Climbing
  • 45m

at LTF 1,3,4. Only made it up once on 4 with the gals help that works there. :) Fell off twice. FUN.

I decided to run today out at Pontiac Trail since I've not worn my trail shoes in quite a while and chose to run the hiking and bridle path remembering it was a bit more gentle than the mountain bike trail.  Or so I thought!  The part Lloyd and I "found" while lost in December is a more friendly grade, but not to the west.  And of course I went west.  And back to the start (instead of popping out on the road...boring!)  It was a glorious run.  Hilly, challenging, new and FUN.  The spring peepers were just hollering their sexy song in one of the ponds.  It was spectacular!  And I've got options to run this summer that I didn't know about so close to the lake house! Yay!

After dinner I decided to run up to the gym to climb.  Loving this transition week with no structure!  I'd planned on swimming a tad and bubble tubbing too, but the thunderstorms put the kabash on that.  Swim tomorrow then.  

Getting excited for Ranger...only a few days till the 100 miler!  I am so proud to be able to share it with him.  Dave RAWKS!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - April 16

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1750.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

100 drill
500 at 10:29
550 at 11:33
500 at 10:24

100 cd

Strength
  • 25m

squats on bosu, squat homework, planks series x2, triceps, biceps, back extensions

Ran into Rick at LTF...been a long time!  He looks great! :)  Swam (SLOWLY) with Cathleen then to an epic lunch & chat.  

Heard from my sister in law today...she told me her Dad was worried sick that I was hurt in Boston until she shared I wasn't racing.  He is so sweet.  He thinks everytime he sees a marathon or running race on TV that I'm racing. :)  

Scribby is home safe and sound. I'm very happy my BFF training buddy is back home.

Monday - April 15

Bike
  • 1h 02m 47s
  • 19.30 miles
  • 18.44 Mi/hr

2 laps at Stony

Just sick about Boston.  So glad all my friends are safe and sound. 

I was so excited to have liberated the bike from the trainer in the basement and was geeked to ride outside for the first time this year, then I got the news about Boston.  And luckily that all my friends were safe. 

So, even though it was grey and super windy, I rode with joy, because I can.  Because it's spring and the spring peeper frogs were singing their sexy song (one of my favorite sounds this time of year).   Because it was warmish. 

Life is short and sweet.  I rode with joy today and prayed for everyone in Boston.

Sunday - April 14

Strength
  • 20m

hip homework, myrtle routine

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

In Ann Arbor with the girl, the man and the pups. Finally made my way to the Arb for part of it. LOVE it there. MUST RUN THE ARB! :)

Tiny bit sore from the run yesterday.  Not as much as after Rock CF though, so happy about that.  So many friends got pr's yesterday...so awesome to be racing with everyone! :)  Now if I could just magically fix Scribby's calf so he could have a perfect run tomorrow at Boston, I'd be so happy!  Fingers crossed that he has a great experience. 

Lots to do today...the sun is out (It's a miracle!) I'm visiting the bassist with the puppies, making arrangements for hotel and car for FL, and planning my adventure on Saturday of pacing Ranger at his 100 miler.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8

TrishM's Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance