Partly Cloudy
High 64F
Low 57F
TUESDAY
Overcast
High 69F
Low 51F

Monday - April 29

7am flight...looked at 16 properties. Whipped.

Sunday - April 28

Run
  • 1h 20m 10s
  • 9.04 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

20 wu
2x1 mile at z4, 4' ar
2x.5 mile at z4, 2'ar
rest z1/2 to time

Swim
  • 56m 01s
  • 2325.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

400 wu w/ drills
2x400 tpace+3, 20" ri
2x300 " 15" ri
2x200 " 10" ri
100 cd

Legs were very hard to get moving.  Overate big time at dinner, and was still feeling it.  Blech.  Met HJL, Joe, Deanna and Michelle.  Ran with Joe.  He had 19 to do so he ran my pace and caught up with me after the repeats when I recovered.  Nice to have a lil company! :)  Saw the Hanson runners doing intervals and Desi running long.  So inspiring to see just about perfect form in action! 

The swim was not good.  I was working hard, but I really didn't have enough recovery between the run and swim to hit my numbers.  I pushed tomorrows swim to today as I'm flying out and will have no time to work out.  I am soooo off on the swim, I figure it was better to get it done to the best of my ability today, than not at all.  Took LOTS more rest and still swam SLOWER!  I felt like I was working, (I WAS!) so I'm good with it for today. 

Still not packed...ran errands post swim, got a mani pedi and now it's time to finish my bags and go to bed!

Tomorrow, Tampa!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Saturday - April 27

Bike
  • 2h 35m 18s
  • 50.07 miles
  • 19.34 Mi/hr

30 wu
10x1' vo2 max, 1' recover
1:30 at tempo
10' cd

Run
  • 18m 38s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

short brick to test out new kicks...liked um!

Weight is swinging back up again.  Pissed.  Don't know what is going on, but I don't like it!  Travel next week certainly won't help my waistline.  Crap. 

Feeling better, but haven't eaten yet.  Fingers crossed.  Gorgeous day at least.  Hope the ride goes well, and I can try a little brick in my new kicks.

Bike went well, but I was having a hard time holding tempo at the end.  Legs felt surprisingly good on the lil brick.  Warmed up on the bike with Cath and Brian, then bricked with Brian.  Underfueled on the bike...was very hungry last half hour, and my toes got a bit numb on my left foot.  Either the temps or just time in the saddle I'm guessing. 

Dinner out with Billy!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Friday - April 26

Swim
  • 53m 26s
  • 2300.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

200 wu with shark drill
2x300 t+3", 20" ri
4x200 t+3" 15" ri
5x100 t+3" 10' ri
200 cd

Bike
  • 1h 01m 44s
  • 18.94 miles
  • 18.41 Mi/hr

17 wu
2x15' z4, 4' z1
rest to time z1/2

Swim was tough in the 5x100 for sure.  Mostly those were feeling like threshold.  Tried to focus on hip roll...had moments of flow.  But just moments.  Good news was no shoulder issues at all today. YAY.  Fun play time with John and Cathleen post swim in the bubble tub. 

BUT...my gut is off big time.  I was really hungry so even though I'd (half assed ... forgot a bra!) packed to go straight to Stony to ride, I went home to eat.  And use the facilities...like 4 times. :(  Did some banking that had to be done, then hit the park.  It was windy and COLD, and yes, my gut was still off.  Had a really really tough time in the first set.  Definately underperformed.  Did better on the second set, but got a little barfy after each one, and not from effort.  Got home, showered and immediately napped.  Which I rarely do.  Napped hard. 

Dave surprised me with salmon on the bbq for dinner, and my stomach felt settled enought to try it.  It was really delish.  And then my tummy started rumbling again. :(  Me no likey an upset tummy.  No.  No I don't.

Hoping I feel good when I get up in the am.  Long ride tomorrow, and I can't move it due to dropping Fiona off for her spring "spa" treatment...I will be gone all week, so I'm taking her to the shop for some love.  She is two years old after all.

Thursday - April 25

Run
  • 40m 10s
  • 4.31 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Boston Run with the YPOM group at the Duck Pond
1 mile ez
rest z2 with 4x30" strides

Strength
  • 20m

myrtle exercises, hip and squat homework

Had a nice time running with Jo's run groups Boston Run with two gals who "finished" the marathon tonight at the Duck Pond.  Very emotional!

It was nice to see Ze German too! :)  Ran the 1.2 with Jo, then finished up my strides run on the trail and up Tienken and back.  Miss running out there...the river was really moving and it was very pretty. :) And running in new kicks is freaking awesome! Wheeee!

Jo gave me her veggies as she's heading to Big Sur tomorrow and I made a roasted veggie feast for a late supper.  Nom nom nom!

Dave got his new car today...a Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Still haven't seen it, but he digs it. 

Last but certainly not least, my bassist nailed her juries today.  I'm so glad she did well!  Love that baby girl of mine!:)

Wednesday - April 24

Run
  • 1h 06m
  • 6.75 miles
  • 09m 47s /Mi

16 wu
2x1 z4, 4' z1
2x.5 z4. 2' z1
z1/2 to time

Swim
  • 53m
  • 2100.00 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

400 wu
3(4x50) descend, 20,15,10" rest
3(3x100) descend, 20,15,10" rest
200 cd

Good run, crappy swim.  Right shoulder was a bit grumpy on Monday evening's swim, and very grumpy today.  I did 30 push ups yesterday so that may have agrevated the rotator cuff, but damn, it's gonna be tough to get faster if I'm broken. Super big sad face. :(  I guess it's time to start doing my shoulder pt from a couple years ago.  Sigh.

On a brighter note, I had a great "date" with my Pammy.  Just us.  I miss that girly girl.  

I am geeked to ride with Trixie next week in sunny Florida.  She is checking on a rig for me tomorrow, and I may even do TT when I'm there.  I've never done a straight up bike TT so that would be fun and new!  Suck fun to quote the fabulous Dave Potter. :) 

Sure hope the weather pans out for the weekend ride and run.  Fingers crossed we don't get any more stupid snow!

Tuesday - April 23

Bike
  • 1h 06m 49s
  • 21.73 miles
  • 19.51 Mi/hr

16 wu
2x15' z4, 4' z1
rest to time z1/2

Run
  • 45m 02s
  • 4.34 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

10' wu
hill repeats w/ full recovery
rest to time z2/3

Strength
  • 20m

pushups, drills post run

Another pretty good nights sleep. Wooo Hooo! 

Rode at Stony in the wind.  First outdoor ride with a plan!  Pretty tough to push with the terrain...but I know I'll remember how soon. :)  Run wasn't supposed to be so close to the bike, but I wasn't going to run later.  I was supposed to hill bound for 40", then sprint, but I didn't find a hill long enough, so I just doubled the repeats to get closer to the workload on the fit trail.  I really have to get to Hanson's for new shoes.  All my regular shoes are feeling past their prime. 

Made a great dinner and watched "The Impossible" with Dave.  Seriously, that was a stressful  film to watch!  Next time, I'm picking!!!

TrishM's Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance