Partly Cloudy
High 52F
Low 44F

Tuesday - August 27

Bike
  • 1h 01m 16s
  • 15.29 miles
  • 14.97 Mi/hr

sweat test on trainer in the basement. Oy. It was cool down there but man oh man. I'm gonna need a LOT of fluid come 9/8!

26oz per hour at low en pace est temp 72

Run
  • 54m 02s
  • 5.32 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

17' wu to track
ran 3x 20" strides
1m at th, 4' recover
1.5m at th, 5' recover

Legs were toast today. Felt ok once I got spinning for the sweat test, but I needed to replace the fluids I'd lost, got reading some race reports and stiffened back up. Finally got rolling to the track and had warned Dave I might call for a ride home.

I wisely wore my sexy socks, and it was tough, but I got the repeats done. Legs felt like tree stumps for most of it. Decided to stick to the prescribed time and call for the lift home. More work on the bike in the am, then cleaning her up to be dropped for TBT on Thursday, and a long swim. I even took a nice ice bath. Playing on the trails left it's mark lol. :)

Monday - August 26

Run
  • 1h 03m 55s
  • 5.30 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

Hill repeats on the mtb trail. OUCH! LOVE!

15' wu,
14x1' up, recover down
rest to time to get home easy

Hot! Ran from the lake in a black long sleeved too tight tech shirt. Real feel was 90 when I left. It wasn't as horrible as I'd thought it would be. Must be getting a bit acclimated to the heat. Hills are tough for me, but I love pushing up the mtb trail with its bumps, loose stone and sand. Very super focused times, or you go boom! :) I am so lucky to have this out my door!!!

For recovery, my legs love to spin after hard stuff on the bike, so I decided to "spin" them out on the janky paddle boat. I'd just oiled up the chain today and wanted to see if it helped. It did. Then I "iced" my legs in the lake. Gosh, I'm spoiled!!! I am headed home to Troy tonight...but I don't wanna!!!!

Sunday - August 25

Swim
  • 51m 08s
  • 1730.65 meters
  • 02m 57s /100 meters

in swimskin with Andrea and Terese in my lake. Andrea is making strides, but needs to keep MOVING if she wants to not get fished out of the drink in IMAZ.

Lots of stops and starts to eyeball "Ariel"

Run
  • 59m 56s
  • 6.10 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

Gale road 10k from the lake with the girls. We chatted a lot on the first half, then they chatted and I listened, then I couldn't hear them cause they were ahead of me! :) Was to be an easy rum, so I just chilled. Love my run inspiration girls!

Awesome day at the lake. Chatter and swim with Terese and Andrea, then more chatter and a run on my happy rolling 10k. Then some yummy quinoa salad I'd made for us and ....wait for it...more chatter! :)

Dave came out shortly after they had left and we spent a few hours out on the lake, just relaxing and watching the airshow from the neighboring airport open house. It was spectacular out. Perfect. Lovely.

We got cleaned up and went to Uptown Grille for dinner, ate outside on the patio and laughed. He split for home (to watch football of course) and I was treated to another solo evening at the lake with the addition of the pups. Blessed!

Saturday - August 24

Recovery day...legs feel pretty good...slept in the sexy tights and everything feels fine.

Went to the Farmers Market with Jo this am, the saddle fit program at Fraser this afternoon, and hopefully soon out to the lake for a boat ride, dinner and relaxing. :)

*huge dinner with the man...giant NY strips. a lovely evenign cruise on Harold, then he split to go home for preseason football...no cable at the lake. The draft is coming!!! Love love love the lake at night. Just stood in the doorwall to the lake and took in the light playing on the water. Heaven.*

Friday - August 23

Swim
  • 31m 35s
  • 1740.12 meters
  • 01m 49s /100 meters

Big Day swim...cut short because the group was not swimming any longer. Forgot to pause watch while waiting on rest of group...not ideal for a big day swim, but I have no issues with my swim fitness at all.

Bike
  • 3h 33m 27s
  • 65.71 miles
  • 18.47 Mi/hr

Big Day Bike at ILRA. Used new (old) nutrition protocol. Worked great. Had a hard time staying focused (bored?) and was slightly lower on watts than I wanted. Focus is on nutrition today. Forgot to take salt tabs, but drank and ate on schedule.

Run
  • 1h 00m 04s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

Big Day Run
Went out too fast with Pat, then slowed it some, but still couldn't run the LRP let alone the LRP +30". Did a neg split, which was tough as I'd went out faster. Legs felt really really good on this run. Practiced walk breaks to drink, and forgot the gu at mile 3. Felt really good, so that may be why forgot. Need to fix this error...must eat more when feeling good on the run.

Big day went well overall. Switched to new (old) fueling protocol with no issues. Felt very good on the run. Practiced my walk breaks too. I have time to improve on nutrition for IMAZ. Hate all the sugar. Loved how the legs felt on the run. :)

Had dinner out with the neighbors, then a fire and yahtzee on their back patio. Great night!

Thursday - August 22

Run
  • 1h 00m 03s
  • 6.24 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

z1/2 run with 6 strides
From home in black long sleeved top and tights, hat at 11am

Strength
  • 10m

run drills post run

Wasn't as horrible as I expected on the run. Legs wanted to go a bit faster than I should have with my "big day" tomorrow. Drank lots of fluids running, and post to stay hydrated.

Excited to go to Arts Du Jour tonight with the neighbors! :)

Wednesday - August 21

Bike
  • 1h 12m 39s
  • 22.67 miles
  • 18.72 Mi/hr

Powertest - first out door test ever...Stony Creek

Dropped a couple watts in FTP. Not sad about it...figured it had dropped a tad since out season. Still SUCKED. :)

Run
  • 30m 02s
  • 3.28 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi

Brick run in long sleeved cotton black shirt and black capris. HOT

z3 out
z1/2 steady back

Ran the hilly bit, not the flat bit.

Swim
  • 1h 08m 38s
  • 3512.10 meters
  • 01m 57s /100 meters

Lake Erie swim in TYR trisuit. Closest to a swim skin (which I ordered and arrived after I left tonignt!)

Good consistant effort...did 1.2 miles in 37:06. Happy with that time.

2 work outs down, ows to go. Did my first power test outdoors at Stony. In the heat. And the wind. Oh, how I hate to power test. Yes, the dread and the suck followed me outdooors. I did what I could, wanted to die, and well, didn't. I think my number will drop just a tick. I'm totally fine with that. Its the data I need for worlds, and should help me craft a plan to not blow up.

Then, I followed the fabulous Mike Ricci's advice and ran in a black cotton long sleeved top tucked into my black capris for my brick run. Total suckage. And sweatage. Blech. Tomorrow, I think I'll do it again, only longer. Blech.

TrishM's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned