• 52m
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 29s /100 yards

Bunch of different stuff

Bike
  • 1h 26m
  • 23.70 miles
  • 16.53 Mi/hr

Rode the Diverge again (will return it to LBS tomorrow) with Steve, Steve S and Becky.

So stopped by LBS last night and ordered a Diverge. I'll be trading in road bike and cross bike on it. Asked about the wheels that are on the bike I rode because I have a suspicion they contributed immensely to the positive experience. Ugh, pretty high dollar. Went home and thought about it, then went ahead and pulled the trigger on the wheels. Knowing myself, I'll eventually spend the money and it's just easier to take care of it from the get-go.

Steve and I are getting ready for our gravel ride on Saturday. It's a race for everyone else, we are just going to take in the scenery and enjoy riding some parts of Missouri that are normally off limits. We are going to use our mountain bikes, which are 29ers and roll well on the road. There is some singletrack but sounds like much of it is unridable for whatever reason. Oh, and a jaunt through a cow pasture. I'll be sure to take a lot of pics of this one.

Run
  • 14m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 14m /Mi

WAlk/jogged around the block

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m

Tried a flexibility and balance yoga, it was ok but probably won't try this one again.

Run
  • 43m 12s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 14m 24s /Mi

Did the walk 100 steps, jog 50 steps interval. Foot bothered me today, it's not really painful but just feels very tight and a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise seemed like a fairly successful attempt

Bike
  • 2h 20m
  • 37.30 miles
  • 15.99 Mi/hr

Took the Diverge out for a test ride. Steve and I met up with Becky, her better half Mike, and Steve Sommer. The bike did not disappoint and I was able to keep up today. My confidence sorely needed this little boost. I think this is the bike I've been looking for, even though it was fit for someone else, I was very comfortable on it. The disk brakes work great and the tubless tires give a nice squishy comfortable ride.

Afterwards we had lunch at the Chatham Cafe. Had a grilled cheese sandwich. Can't remember the last time I had grilled cheese and it was really good and cheesy.

Picked up the LBS owner's Specialized Diverge yesterday, he suggested I just keep it for a couple of days and ride it as much as I can. It rained most of the day but I was able to take it for a quick spin, sans helmet and shoes, around the cul de sac, and loved the feel of the bike.

We got all the flowers for our planters last night and hope to get them transplanted today. Yesterday we got 8 tomato plants put in. The ground is wet from all the rain but the garden soil is in great shape; I had mixed in a ton of peat moss last fall and the dirt is nice and crumbly.

I went to one of those painting deals yesterday afternoon -- Mary was going with her mom, daughter and DIL, and had invited a friend. The friend had to cancel at the last minute so I took her seat. We had a good time painting.

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 15.48 Mi/hr

Easy spin on the trainer. Watched Office Space. Probably the 6th time I've seen that silly movie and still laugh out loud.

We went to a social for a new mtb group --- we were some of the older people there but everyone was very welcoming.

It's supposed to rain most of the weekend but I've got ambitious plans to get my tomato plants in as well as a couple of planters. Out in the little garden, the spinach, lettuce and beets are growing nicely. We are also trying onion sets this year. Easy peasy stuff.

Swim
  • 48m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 24s /100 yards

200 swim
200 kick
200 pull
4 x 50 swim, 50 pull, 50 kick, 50 drill, 50 swim fast
2 x 200 medium

Felt like a good swim today

No workouts the last couple of days, between feeling a bit sick and a busy schedule, just didn't make it work. Should have some time today.

Looking at a different bike tonight --- thinking about trading in the road bike and the cross bike for a specialized Diverge. LBS owner rides one and wants me to take his for a ride. He seems to be in love with his and I have a feeling I'll be head over heels. A road bike that can go on gravel and rough roads? What's not to love?

abake's Training Log

May 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals