Enjoy the Journey

Thursday - October 30

Wednesday - October 29

Run
  • 59m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 48s /Mi

Garmin died at mile 4, said battery low. Not sure what's up with that unless I just didn't have it properly plugged into the charger. Oh well...decent run today.

Strength
  • 15m

strength workout from The Well Built Triathlete
30 squat jumps
30 med ball squats
30 wide stance pushups
30 lunges
10 face-the-wall squats
10 wall angels
20 donkey kicks
20 side planks

The painting party was really fun -- Barb hosted, she and I pooled our supplies and had enough acrylic paint, brushes, canvas etc for four guests. We actually got some painting done too, in between eating and drinking wine.

With all the indulging and the wet weather, marathon training has taken a hit this week. I think I can get off early today and get my mid week longish run in. At 8 tonight, Mary and her hubbie are picking me up and we are driving to Panama City Beach, FL to volunteer at IMFL. Very much looking forward to this adventure.

Lapsed BTer Marla Shapiro will be there as well, volunteering. I'm hoping to hook up with her for lunch or dinner

Tuesday - October 28

Bike
  • 30m
  • 9.70 miles
  • 19.40 Mi/hr

Awoke to the sound of rain and thunder, thought about going back to sleep but opted for a short trainer ride instead. Did first half of Sufferfest Fight Club. Felt like a good workout, I've somewhat missed the tri bike.

Getting together with a couple of gals tonight to do some painting (artsy, not home improvement).

Monday - October 27

Strength
  • 20m

Found a Runners World workout with lots of jump rope and basic strength moves.

Sunday - October 26

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 9.60 miles
  • 7.68 Mi/hr

Amazing trail system, had a blast. Lake Shelbyville is gorgeous. Felt like I rode well today. Steve had two minor crashes, another guy (70 years old!) crashed pretty badly. It was scary to watch but he got up and walked away with just some minor scrapes.

Steve and I are meeting up with a group later this morning and heading over to Sullivan, IL to ride the Camp Camfield mtb trails. We've not been there but have heard nothing but good about the system.

Saturday - October 25

Run
  • 3h 00m
  • 14.70 miles
  • 12m 14s /Mi

Long run got a little messed up. Plan calls for 17 miles. Original scheme was to park downtown, run 6 or 7 miles, meet up with Mary at 8:45 and run 6 or 7 with her (well, chase after her), then we would each finish up whatever distance was left and then get sonething to eat.

drove into town in pitch blackness, freaking out because there were deer grazing along the road. I waited for one of them to commit suicide and take out my car. Didn't happen and I rolled down Fourth Street with the intention of parking in a nice well lit spot on Adams Street that was right across from Cafe Moxo. What the??? Farmers Market evidently is still going strong and vendors are setting up. Which is fine, just a surprise because typically that shuts down the first weekend in October.

What was NOT fine was that there were cops and a couple of tow trucks removing people who had parked on Adams Street. I guess a lot of other people didn't know the market was going on as well Felt kind of bad for them. I saw one car with a 26.2 sticker in the window, so pretty sure it was a running group who met up super early.

SO...just parked on Fourth Street, which is safe enough, headed out on my run. Got 4 miles along and decided it was time for a podcast. Pulled out the phone and saw a text message from Mary that their grandson (they have custody) had coughed all night and she was sorry, but would not be able to join me.

Could not remember the route she had worked up, plus it went through some marginal areas that are fine when you are running with someone, but not to be entered solo. Made up a route using my best guess at distances, decided 15ish was enough for now.

If I get ambitious I'll go out this afternoon and do a second run to get the full mileage.

Friday - October 24

Run
  • 49m
  • 3.90 miles
  • 12m 33s /Mi

Slow run, felt really congested and took more walk breaks than usual. The air is pretty dusty from all the harvesting.

abake's Training Log

October 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races