Hope to be able to swim today on lunch hour. It's been a crapshoot lately between my lack of motivation to go out in the heat and the pool being closed more often than not for various reasons.
Bike
  • 5h 08m
  • 73.50 miles
  • 14.32 Mi/hr

Group of 6 of us tackled a hilly route that went into several counties. I had not been on a lot of the roads so it was a nice change of pace. But way too hot for such a long ride. Everyone was suffering. One girl was showing symptoms of heat exhaustion. We found a water pump at a park near a fishing marina and poured the water over ourselves, which helped immensely.

Run
  • 1h 26m
  • 6.30 miles
  • 13m 39s /Mi

Jog 2 minutes, walk 1 minute.

Bike
  • 2h 22m
  • 35.00 miles
  • 14.79 Mi/hr

Easy ride with Steve. Tried to find shaded routes

Run
  • 46m 48s
  • 3.47 miles
  • 13m 29s /Mi

Jog 2 minutes, walk :30. Kind of disappointed that the pace was so slow. Need to practice patience with myself.

Woke up early and got out the door at 4:15 for a jog. I checked the weather app just in case, and it said t-storms were happening NOW. Hmm...it was pretty clear although the stars were hidden behind clouds. Lots of puddles on the road and heat lightning in the distance. It rained just a little in the last mile, which felt lovely.

Work is crazy busy right now and I'm kind of working my regular job in Marketing doing graphics and then working with the IT group on a big Sharepoint migration. I love the IT work, the black/white nature of it. Maybe i've worked too long with my micromanaging, wish washy boss (don't get me wrong, he is a very nice individual, but nitpicks everything).

DD called last night, one of the toilets in her newish house (she bought it in December) seemed to be leaking. We went over and Steve looked it over but said it's a plumber job. Ugh...

Strength
  • 30m

Some plyo and general strength moves -- used kball and med ball.

The "heat dome" has settled over Central Illinois. When I got in my car at the end of the work day, the inside temp was 112. Granted it's a black car and was baking out in the sun. But yeah, hot. Way too hot to do much of anything outside safely.

I'm going to whip up some of the little bars from the Feedzone Portables book and test them on a long ride this weekend, and combine them with Skratch labs hydration.

We had a pretty intense t-storm during the early evening hours and with it came some minor flooding in the basement. Steve determined that a tile leading from one of the window wells must be blocked. We spent a while getting things cleaned up. Fortunately anything that could be damaged by water is up on some shelving, but jeez oh pete, what a mess water makes.

Thought I might go for a short run this morning and got up early. Foot felt a little stressed. I'm sure jogging a mile without the usual breaks was the culprit. Anyway it seemed wise to push the run back.
Swim
  • 41m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 03s /100 yards

Nice swim today, lots of pull sets and one big kick set that left my legs aching

Run
  • 12m 49s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 12m 49s /Mi

Woot! Jogged an entire mile without any walk breaks! Major breakthrough for me

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m

Grokker.com video -- Strength Yoga. Love this class. Was able to almost do a Bird of Paradise tonight. Feeling pretty flexible

Going to try this swim thing again today. Sporadic t-storms are making it tricky to get in the pool.

Added a couple of races to my training log!

abake's Training Log

July 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Dan Adair Memorial Triathlon (Triathlon)
    8/28/2016 Springfield, Illinois
  • Cuban Gravel Crisis (Cycle)
    10/15/2016 Cuba, Missouri
  • Red Dog 100 (Cycle)
    11/5/2016 Jefferson City, Missouri
  • July's totals
  • June's totals
  • 2016 totals
  • 2015 totals