Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 13.20 miles
  • 9.90 Mi/hr

cx course with Brenda and some others.

Had a good birthday -- Steve got me some winter cycling tights and shoe covers. I feel like I'm ready to face the Illinois winter now!

Strength
  • 30m

Misc. mountain bike focus strength

Had fun tracking friends at IMLOU yesterday. Heard that the bike was very windy, hope that didn't make for a miserable ride for everyone.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 33.00 miles
  • 16.50 Mi/hr

Raining out, rode trainer

Bike
  • 27m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 6.67 Mi/hr

Couple of laps on the cx course at Pumpkin Hop.

Run
  • 17m
  • 1.40 miles
  • 12m 08s /Mi

Jog 4/walk 1

BeeBee is bouncing back, little by little she's not peeing blood anymore. The house-call vet is convinced she had a partial blockage, which is unusual in females but not unheard of. Anyway, the antibiotics seem to be kicking in and Bee is more like her old self. She has a recheck next week and we might look at getting a sonogram to see if she's got bladder stones.

Steve is off at his annual guys' golf trip at Lake of the Ozarks. My friends are at IMLOU. I was afraid I might have a bit of FOMO but have really been content to follow their journey via Facebook and texts.

Going out to Beardstown, which is about an hours' drive, in the morning to watch some friends do cyclocross. I'm taking a bike in case there's a chance to ride the course. I'm not at all prepared to participate but it's a fun course with 3 flyovers, singletrack, sand, etc. After that I'm headed to my sister's for our family's annual fall cookout.

Bike
  • 48m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 18.75 Mi/hr

zwift

So Wednesday turned out to be a less-than-stellar day. Steve's dad is back in the hospital with hemoglobin issues (this is the third time it's happened). At least this time there's a hematologist involved. The first time this happened, the ER doctors ordered the usual tests to rule out internal bleeding and it nearly killed John. He's 81 and so frail. Ruled out leukemia/bone marrow disease. Hard to say what will happen.
My old cat BeeBee seems to have developed a UTI. She's had so many health problems but amazingly, hasn't ever had a UTI that I can recall. Hadn't urinated in two days, or if she has, she's hidden it well. Couldn't get hold of my regular vet, who makes house calls. The animal ER was about to close. Ended up getting an early slot with a local vet practice that is conveniently two blocks away. BeeBee is now on an antibiotic for two weeks, but at least I've been able to crush the pills and mix them with food and she is eating it ok.
So she's peeing again, yeah! And it's full of bright red blood. When I got home from work, found the puppy pad (yeah, my cat uses puppy pads instead of a litter box) and was shocked at the amount of blood on it. Called vet again, just before closing, and was told this is normal.
This morning another puppy pad with lots and lots of blood on it. I'm not a vet but it seems like this might be a problem.
Anyway, the regular housecall vet lady is coming out today to trim everyone's nails and she'll take a look at BeeBee.
And then on top of this, having drama with the crazy coworker. I can't believe how stressed out I'm letting her make me. Giving her way too much power over my state of mind.

abake's Training Log

October 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals