Bike
  • 3h 20m
  • 32.00 miles
  • 9.60 Mi/hr

Gravel riding in Hannibal with Brenda. Explored some new roads, several stops and false starts at the beginning as one of the roads had a bridge out and we had to figure out an alternate way. Roads were pretty mushy and muddy.

Run
  • 51m 33s
  • 4.04 miles
  • 12m 45s /Mi

Jogged over to the tunnel that runs under the bike trail and did some quick hill repeats in there. Foggy misty morning, temps in the 40s. Perfect running conditions.

Bike
  • 51m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 17.65 Mi/hr

Did most of Sufferfest "Nine Hammers"

Sleep won this morning. Really felt like I needed it too.

Got a Stitch Fix (my second) yesterday. The first fix was really great and I kept everything. The second - blech. I wish I had taken pictures of the 2 sweaters that came -- I asked for a caramel colored sweater and got a gold cardigan that was absolutely immense on me. And it was the correct size, it was just huge and godawful looking.

Asked for a maroon or red sweater and received one that was absolutely gorgeous. Looked like a tunic length with the side slits. Put it on and the darn thing is hip length but still with side slits --wtf? Like it didn't know what it wanted to be.

Asked for a plaid shirt. Got one that I was kind of one the fence about, but it came out of the box extremely wrinkled, so right there that's a negative. Put it on, it's cute but neckline so low you can see my bra. wft? If you are going to send me something requires a camisole, then send me one to go wear with it.

Also got a tassel necklace that was very cheap looking.

I did get a pair of skinny leg pants in a beautiful shade of deep plum/brown (can't tell if it's brown or purple really) that I will keep so not a total loss.

Run
  • 31m 34s
  • 2.52 miles
  • 12m 31s /Mi

Strides on the treadmill

having a minor PF flare-up, feels like it's centered around the site of the cort injection from last year. Periodically when I run, I'll get a sensation that things are "breaking loose" for want of a better description in that area. Like it's scar tissue working its way out. Have a PT friend who says this is normal, that the fascia is like a web covering the bottom of the foot and there will be many many small tears with PF that heal and then eventually tear free.

Aaaaanyway, got up to run this morning and not only had the twinge in the foot, but my left knee feels like it's out of whack -- like if you step down wrong and torque it. I'll recheck this evening to see how things feel and get a sense if it's something more than just a minor ache.

I haven't blogged about my aquarium in a long time --- got a 55 gallon last year for Christmas and have had a great time setting it up. It's fully planted with a lot of plants you would see in an Asian jungle stream, and has a small school of harlequin rasboras and a healthy colony of red cherry shrimp. The rasboras are a really hardy fish but they are all getting to be geriatric. One of them died a couple of days ago and it was kind of scary to see how quickly the shrimp dispatched the body, skeleton and all. Kind of reminded me of the wood chipper scene from Fargo...

abake's Training Log

January 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals