10 situps
5 burpees

Tuesday - April 22

Run
  • 24m 57s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 12m 28s /Mi

Jogged around the block, beautiful evening

After running, Steve grilled chicken and I mowed the lawn. Stopped just short of mowing over a tiny baby bunny. It could not have been more than a few days old, its eyes were tightly shut. Such a frail little thing. There was evidence of a small nest nearby, so I shut the mower off and left that area undisturbed. The cats had all been out in the yard earlier and it's crazy to think they missed the little guy.

Signed up for the Whole30 Challenge today!

Monday - April 21

Run
  • 12m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Easy jog around the block prior to strength workout

Strength
  • 32m

Workout A - Phase 4 Functional Movement MTB Training Plan

Sunday - April 20

Bike
  • 58m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 8.28 Mi/hr

Put the ham and cheezy potato casserole in the oven, then Steve and I rode up to the lake trails and did a loop. Steve upgraded his mtb (same bike as mine but one year older) and really enjoyed riding the new bike It's much lighter than his old Rockhopper.

Got back and the potatoes had burned and the ham was on the verge of burning. Very odd, we are thinking there's an issue with the oven. Remade the potatoes and kept an eye on them.

We had a lovely Easter even if it was a lot of work (hosted two sets of family).

Saturday - April 19

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 13m 19s /Mi

Mary drove in from Springfield and ran with me to the playground where we practiced our ninja skills :).

Friday - April 18

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 9.50 miles
  • 9.19 Mi/hr

Took the mtb out on the Church Trails and did some laps. Felt pretty good after I got warmed up, bike felt fluid and loose, if that makes sense

So...went to dinner at the Mexican place last night. Service was absolutely atrocious. Our group has been going there for years, so it's not like we just walked in off the streets. Couldn't get a table, couldn't get drinks, no one came to wait on us. my friend Karen is back from her Florida winter and pronounced quite loudly that she was DONE with running, didn't care if she ever ran another step again, blah blah blah. Not sure what has caused this paradigm shift, and she can be a bit dramatic sometimes.

Her husband is very much a runner, has run Boston twice. They met through the running club and their lives have been entwined in this hobby as long as I have known both of them. So it will be interesting to see what happens moving forward.

After hearing Karen's tirade and then not being able to get anything to eat, I drove home and hit McDonalds for a cheeseburger. Yuck...will find some time this evening to run that off.

My sister is showing one of her horses this morning out at the Fairgrounds. I'm really proud of her, she has worked hard at her hobby and it's been helpful for her Parkinson's. I'll try to slip out of work to go watch her. :)

abake's Training Log

April 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Battlegrounds Adventure Race (Adventure)
    5/3/2014 Wright City, Missouri
  • XTERRA EX2 Off-Road Triathlon and Duathlon (Triathlon)
    7/13/2014 Flintstone, Maryland

Totals

• April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals