Run
  • 51m
  • 4.09 miles
  • 12m 28s /Mi

Super humid morning

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m
Toward the end of my run my legs started burning, just like at the race last weekend. Coach thinks it's an electrolyte issue and said two days of no workouts, other than yoga. Put Nuun tabs in water during the day. I somewhat think it's related to the heat and humidity, which makes me think that rest days aren't going to make a difference, but I'll give the rest days a try.

Strength
  • 30m

strength and plyo

Super tired and unmotivated today. Had a good strength workout and a couple of Pop Tarts (dangerous to go to the grocery store in this state of mind) and felt better

Run
  • 25m
  • 2.10 miles
  • 11m 54s /Mi

lunch run

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 15.48 Mi/hr

Zwift 30/15

Swim
  • 47m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 21s /100 yards

Warm Up
200 easy swim
250 kick with fins
100 drill
Main Set
10 x 100: Try to do them in descending sets- 1-5 and 6-10. That would imply you start out REALLY slowly. (15)
5 x 50 kick with fins- body position- switch sides. No arm involvement.
Cool Down
200 kick with fins board optional

Last night we were grilling on the back deck. I leave the back door slightly propped open so that the cats can come out and hang with us if they desire. Latte the orange cat flushed a baby bunny in the ground cover and chased it under the deck, then while I was trying to find him, grabbed it and took it into the house. I guess it got away from him because Steve heard the commotion and went in to find Latte chasing the bunny around the living room, then pounced on it in the hallway and mortally wounded it. It was quite the crime scene and I felt very bad for the little bunny, although in another couple of weeks I would be cursing it for eating my flowers.

Still feeling beat up from Sunday's race, mostly in arms and hands. On tap for today is a swim. My schedule looks like it's going to be a big week training wise, which really is good since the last two weeks have been pretty light.

I'm going to try to get my head back into the triathlon game and focus on doing my best for these last two races this season. It's tempting to just bail on Steelhead and IMLOU, but man those are expensive races.

I think gravel riding has kind of ruined triathlon for me. Looking forward to the fall, when I can get back at it.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m
I'm feeling exceptionally beat up from yesterday's Olympic tri. Yesterday my legs and hip flexors were burning, today my hands are aching. Today will be a recovery day with some yoga to help work the kinks out. Need to do some meal planning and get back on track with nutrition.

Bike
  • 1h 24m
  • 24.80 miles
  • 17.71 Mi/hr

Railsplitter Olympic Triathlon

Run
  • 1h 28m
  • 6.20 miles
  • 14m 12s /Mi

Swim
  • 41m 21s
  • 1755.00 yards
  • 02m 21s /100 yards

Horrible race today. Absolutely awful. Swim and bike were good, run was miserable. Pretty well decided that this is my last year for triathlon. The heat likely played a factor, as it was very hot and muggy, with not a lot of shade on the run.

• RACE DAY: Railsplitter Olympic Triathlon

abake's Training Log

June 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • June's totals