Run
  • 46m 33s
  • 3.40 miles
  • 13m 41s /Mi

Walk 1:00/run 1:30 --- hot morning. Altered my planned route to take advantage of the shade in the older neighborhoods.

Bike
  • 5h 41m
  • 80.70 miles
  • 14.20 Mi/hr

Long bike ride with Steve, Mark K, Becky, Patty and Brenda. Patty and Mark dropped off after a loop and we went out to Lake Sangcris. Too hot of a day to really be out this long. Stopped at a Caseys and Becky slammed down a rice krispy treat and a Diet Pepsi, then suddenly had stomach issues. After that it was kind of a death march with Becky dropping further and further behind. The heat coupled with the sudden influx of junk food is probably what did her in, she wanted to just stop at a remote corner where there was some shade. We got her to ride another 2 miles to the next town and she called her hubbie from Casey's.
So that sort of pushed the whole timing of the ride into the worst part of the day. With a headwind and temps in teh 90s, I was pretty much toast and started having nasty calf cramps on one leg in the last two miles. The only way to move forward without inducing a cramp was to ride with my heel down, sort of straight legged.

Weighed myself after our long hot death marchy ride and I had lost 7 pounds. Holy crap...a couple of pounds of water weight after a run or ride is normal but that's a bit extreme. This furnace-like heat needs to just stop!!!

Legs are super sore and tight, likely from the hill riding this past weekend. Took yesterday off and I might give myself another rest day today.

The LBS got its custom bike kits in yesterday. I ordered a jersey and set of bib shorts. They are really nice looking Castelli and fit well -- the pad on the bike shorts seems ridiculously large, almost diaper like. Usually a couple of washings calm those down and they flatten out a bit. Oh, and the kits are black. Which is great for fall riding, not so much during our 90 degree Illinois summers. I might wait for a cooler day to break it in.

Strength
  • 12m

Short core routine from grokker

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 13m 19s /Mi

Walk 1:00/Jog 1:20
Muggy morning. It sprinkled 3 times for about 20 seconds each time, felt great and I was hoping it would evolve into rain, which we need.

Bike
  • 1h 08m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 14.12 Mi/hr

road ride

Bike
  • 1h 28m
  • 24.40 miles
  • 16.64 Mi/hr

Rode with Steve, Steve S and Becky to Auburn and back. Worked hard on this ride but felt I rode well

Run
  • 47m 48s
  • 3.52 miles
  • 13m 34s /Mi

Walk 1:00/Jog 1:20. Full moon out this morning

Strength
  • 45m

Bunch of different strength plus a bit of plyometrics

I learned that the triathlete who needed help in the water yesterday is doing ok, he spent the night in the hospital and had some breathing treatments. Sounds like he aspirated a bunch of nasty lake water. Glad he is all right.

Way too hot to be doing outdoor activities today --- my car read 110 when I left work. Anything metal in the car was too hot to touch. When it gets this warm, it can be winter as far as I am concerned because I am not going outside.

abake's Training Log

June 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals