Run
  • 59m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 48s /Mi

Easy jog around town

Strength
  • 10m

Cannonball routine

Couldn't stand the thought of getting up and going out into the cold again. Will get a run in this evening.

Wednesday - September 17

Run
  • 1h 23m
  • 7.01 miles
  • 11m 50s /Mi

Miles 4 and 5 at tempo.
It's getting really cold in the mornings. Opted for shorts and a short sleeved shirt but gloves would have been a good choice. Felt really good to get inside and get a cup of coffee.
Ran through an older section of town that has a bunch of little winding streets that are not well marked and got a bit turned around. Had to stop several times to check street signs and make sure I was going in the right direction.

Tuesday - September 16

Run
  • 46m
  • 3.93 miles
  • 11m 42s /Mi

Nice run at Washington Park. Good to get some hills in once in a while. Saw quite a few people I knew.

Strength
  • 15m

Core routine from strengthrunning.com

I sleep REALLY well during rain, so no surprise that I slept in this morning and skipped my run. Thinking about running in Washington Park after work if weather cooperates.

Bike fit seemed to go very well. I've heard nothing but good about the Edwardsville bike shop and was not disappointed. I had a professional fit on this bike about three years ago, so for the most part I should have been in good shape. The fitter made a few small tweaks to my position, noting that I was stretched out a little too much. He adjusted the aero pads, tilting one of them up and in, and then brought the bars back about a quarter inch to get my arms more vertically oriented between shoulder and elbow. He then lowered the saddle about half an inch, which flattened out my back and smoothed out my pedaling stroke.

He took some measurements of the bike and now will do some research on tri bikes that have similar geometry and give me a call either late this week or next week to discuss some options.

What impressed me the most is that there was no attempt to sell me something they had on the floor, with the idea of "making it fit".

Monday - September 15

I've been entertaining the idea of upgrading/trading my triathlon bike; even after a professional fit ($$) and numerous adjustments ($$), it still doesn't feel quite right. My road bike feels like an extension of my body, while the tri bike, well, it's just not the same.

Heading down to The Cyclery in Edwardsville late this afternoon for a fit at that shop --- it has a great reputation and by going out of town, I can get an unbiased opinion on what bike would be best suited for me. We have some great shops here in Springfield but it's doubtful I can get a correct fitting locally.

Sunday - September 14

Swim
  • 23m
  • 874.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

I swam!!! Felt good to get in the water. The pool at my gym is a 25 meter pool, hence the odd mileage.
200 yard warmup
6 x 100 done as (25 drill, 25 swim 2x) alternating catchup, sharkfin and scull drills
Skipped the warm down.

abake's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance