BT seemed to (at least on my computer) have a hiccup yesterday evening where it would not allow me to respond to inspires. Seems to be working ok now.
Run
  • 24m 34s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

Oddly warm for February and very humid, kind of misting. Had a shitty day at work and it felt great to get out and blow off some steam

Bike
  • 2h 40m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Crappy windy day, and my schedule called for a 3 hour ride. I didn't quite make 3 hours but did attain my goal of 100 miles/week on Zwift. Chose the hilly route. The first 13 miles took an hour and had 2000 feet of climbing. It's demoralizing until you are coasting down the other side of the mountain.

We took Steve's dad out for dinner last night. I hadn't seen him for two weeks and noticed that John is very weak. He's due for an iron infusion in a few days, which always seems to help. Just don't have a good feeling about him.

Supposed to ride for three hours today. I'm waiting to see if the gusty winds predicted actually materialize, in which case it's going to be another day indoors.

Run
  • 1h 05m 58s
  • 5.11 miles
  • 12m 54s /Mi

One of those damp, overcast mornings that made for great running weather.

Bike
  • 1h 18m
  • 23.60 miles
  • 18.15 Mi/hr

Zwift FTP Builder Week 6, workout 3

Busy day -- ran, did the big grocery shopping, worked a couple of hours, indoor bike, dinner.

Run
  • 36m 08s
  • 2.91 miles
  • 12m 25s /Mi

56 degrees and slight misty rain made for perfect running conditions. Did a run 3/walk 1 interval

So on Tuesday afternoon, I sent a Facebook message to the LBS owner (I hate calling them, hard to know when to call) asking about the Lezyne Super GPS. Mostly I wanted to know if they carried that particular device, since they are generally really helpful with setting things up.

Usually Matt (the owner) is really prompt about responding so when I didn't hear anything back for hours, I was a little annoyed.

Thankfully I didn't go ahead and order one on Amazon or wherever, because Steve surprised me with a Garmin 1030 for Valentines Day!! Big score!!! He bought it at the LBS and I guess Matt didn't respond because he knew I would be getting the Garmin. It's funny how things work out.

Bike
  • 58m 22s
  • 17.85 miles
  • 18.35 Mi/hr

Zwift FTP Builder, Week 6, Day 2

I had just dozed off last night when the power went out. It was only out for maybe half an hour, but the house was so quiet that I couldn't go back to sleep. Got up and looked outside and saw that the entire neighborhood was apparently without power. Not sure what happened.
My coach sent me a link to the Lezeyne Super GPS --- it has a 22 hour battery life, does everything a Garmin 1030 does, at a substantially lower price tag. I might get one for use at Dirty Kanza. My Garmin 520 only has a battery life of 10+- hours.

abake's Training Log

February 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals