Run
  • 37m 33s
  • 2.83 miles
  • 13m 16s /Mi

Not a bad run, wind has died down and the combination of winter tights, smartwool socks, a headband and a vest over a light jacket over a long sleeved shirt, plus gloves, was perfect.

Saw several of those "As Seen on TV" Christmas light displays that throw a pattern over the whole side of a house. I have to say they are pretty impressive

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.12 miles
  • 13m 23s /Mi

Woke up to the sound of high winds. Feels like temp of 22, which is out of my comfort zone. Jogged around the basement in a figure 8, alternating directions. I guess that's better than nothing and I did have TV. At times like this i think a treadmill at home would be great.

Strength
  • 15m

Just some general core stuff

I have a Sharepoint Designer class today, so get to be out of the office. Yeah me!!!!

What is it about cats and Christmas trees? We have a big tree in the living room and a small (4 foot) tree in the kitchen. The two boy kitties don't bother the ornaments or try to climb the trees, but they must play hide and seek or something, because each morning, the tree skirts are all folded up and disarrayed, and the one in the kitchen is sometimes pulled completely away from the tree. I guess it's sliding on the tile floor. I can hear the cats stampeding around the house in the night. It's pretty funny.

My left knee stiffened up during the night and it was challenging to bend it this morning. I'm out of the big bandages, so need to make a store run today.

Work has been crazy the last couple of weeks, to the point where no one in the department talks to each other. We're so hyper focused on our deadlines. It's disappointing that our department gets like this at a time of year when IMHO we should be able to relax a little and, oh, I don't know, maybe actually take a lunch now and then?
Run
  • 15m 49s
  • 1.20 miles
  • 13m 10s /Mi

Easy jog. Tripped on some uneven pavement and landed hard on left knee, losing most of the skin on that knee and some on the right knee. Good news is that since I had on gloves, my hands are fine. Turned around and went home, slathered on some Neosporin and bandaged up the knees.

Sleep won this morning and I missed my planned run. Something about this cold rainy, windy weather that makes sleeping in even more inviting.

Strength
  • 30m

Bunch of strength and plyo work

We got most of our Christmas decorations up over the weekend. I still have some gourds and a pumpkin out on the front porch that need to go, not sure what I'll put in their place.

Back to better eating/portion control today, along with chipping away at the Christmas list.

Run
  • 38m 52s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 12m 54s /Mi

Easy run

Strength
  • 30m

Off Season core stabilization

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 35m

Hip opening practice