• 30m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Jogged around the neighborhood

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 1h 00m

Well, THAT was certainly a workout...

It's a shiny new month! We got about 4 inches of snow last night, which will need to be shoveled after I have a cup of coffee. Can hear a cardinal singing happily in the back yard and it's such a happy, hopeful sound.

On tap for today: need to get a respectable long run in and I don't think I can take another treadmill run. If the plows have been out, I'll hit the roads. Then a swim and maybe some strength.

Update: We got closer to 11 inches of snow. Parking lots and side streets are still a mess; decided to skip going to the gym in favor of home workout. Made a pot of turkey chili using a knockoff recipe of Paneras chili, the whole house smells good.

Bike
  • 1h 44m
  • 34.00 miles
  • 19.62 Mi/hr

Sufferfest "Blender". First time I have finished this video, challenging and kind of fun -- first hour is a lot of longish tempo riding, last part is short sprints

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Brick off the bike

Strength
  • 30m

Last day of maximum strength -- getting bored with this phase and moving on to the next

Last day of February. I can't say I'm sorry to see the end of this month! Steve is taking his dad down to Tampa to visit family, they fly out of Peoria this afternoon. Hoping their flight isn't affected by the impending winter storm.

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Another treadmill run -- felt kind of crappy so just did the obligatory half hour

We got another two inches of snow yesterday afternoon. By the time I drove home, the east-west roads were slick and treacherous.
Got my deadline out the door yesterday at work so hopefully things get back to normal.

Today is probably going to turn into a rest day, meaning that it's going to be too busy to get any workouts in.
Run
  • 38m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12m 40s /Mi

First outdoor run in a while. Even dark and cold, it still beat running on the treadmill. Went over to the "straight streets" and did 30 second intervals, walking to recovery

Swim
  • 36m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 15s /100 yards

300 Warmup
8 x 25 drills
6 x 100 on 2:15
5 x 50 on 1:15
250 warm down

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Treadmill run. Figured if I could get at least 30 minutes it was better than nothing. Stopped at exactly 30 minutes

We are looking at another week of stupidly cold temperatures, so looks like treadmill running all week is in the cards. And work deadlines are piled up as well. I think February can just go on its merry way.

abake's Training Log

March 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals