Overslept and didn't get up to run. This will be 3 days in a row with no workout --- maybe that's not a bad thing. Work has been pretty demanding this week, my back is sore, and some days the workout just feels like one more thing that needs to be checked off. Except that I feel so much better once it's over with.

Working until noonish today, then home to pack and leave for Hermann around 3. I. hate. packing. It puts me into some kind of low level panic mode, even with an elaborate checklist. Once that's done and we are on the road, all will be well.
Life got in the way yesterday, so Wednesday turned into an unplanned rest day.
We're heading out of town Friday to Hermann, Missouri, a quaint German winery town, with 2 other couples. Plan is to go to dinner Friday night at Stone Hill Winery. Saturday will be a ride on the KATY trail to a neighboring town --- at this time I have no idea of the distance -- have lunch and return. One of the wives doesn't ride (at all, not even cruising on a hybrid) and plans to spend Saturday shopping. Since Oktoberfest will be firing up, she should have no problem keeping herself entertained.

Sunday, Steve and I tentatively plan to ride one of the loops of the Tour De Hermann to see just how bad the legendary hills are.

Still not entirely happy with the climbing gears on the Diverge, so it's back at the LBS getting converted to a 1x today.
Run
  • 30m
  • 2.30 miles
  • 13m 02s /Mi

Beautiful morning, temp of 51 made for perfect running conditions. No walk breaks today until the last mile, which had a couple of hills. It kind of feels like my running might, emphasis on might, be coming back.

Strength
  • 30m

Bunch of miscellaneous stuff

Bike
  • 1h 09m
  • 7.87 miles
  • 6.84 Mi/hr

Mountain biked on the lake trails. Lots of people out tonight, taking advantage of the gorgeous cooler weather. Had to hurry to beat sundown

Slept kind of poorly. Woke up at some point and heard the wind blowing the pine trees outside the bedroom. I hope that means the predicted cool front has moved in and this stupid summer weather will finally go away. 95 degrees in late September is a bit much.

Run
  • 27m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 13m 30s /Mi
Going to get a short run this morning, then going out to my sister's place to help her with one of her horses. Then probably have to go to the office for a couple of hours to get a jump on Monday's deadline. Ugh...

abake's Training Log

October 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • Cuban Gravel Crisis (Cycle)
    10/15/2016 Cuba, Missouri