Enjoy the Journey

Friday - October 18

Run
  • 37m 24s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi

Decent run. Took a walk break on bike trail in a spot where it's really too dark to see your hand in front of your face, and then a short break on a big hill. My cold seems to be at peak gross phase, lots of coughing up crud. Enough already!!!

Strength
  • 15m

http://www.dailyhiit.com/challenge/7-day-challenge-day-5

miscellaneous strength work from HIIT workout

Thursday - October 17

Strength
  • 12m

2x
40 squats
10 pushups
15 crunches
15 bicycles
15 leg lifts
15 hip lifts
15 scissors
1 minute plank

Had a very nice birthday yesterday, took off work a little early and did some badly needed shopping for work clothes. It's been hit or miss, my big complaint is that it's hard to find age appropriate clothing that isn't frumpy. Found a couple of nice sweaters and a pair of pants at Macy's, then went over to Kohls and found a new belt, purse and one of those trendy "infinity" scarves (whatever).

Steve took me and DD Erin out to dinner at Bella Milanos, a semi upscale Italian place. Had some good wine and chicken marsala. We both remarked that we need to get back on the Paleo-oriented eating.

Raining this morning so no run for me. Hoping the skies clear and I can get some mileage in later. The week has been a bust for running between the weather and being somewhat sick.

And it's COLD out there! Wow...I have the windows in the bedroom cracked to keep fresh air circulating. The entire upper level of the house is chilly. My computer is down in the basement and it's nice and toasty.

Wednesday - October 16

Run
  • 18m 01s
  • 1.53 miles
  • 11m 46s /Mi

Short little run just to get back into it. Cold is kicking my butt but it felt good to move

Strength
  • 12m

2x
40 squats
10 pushups
15 crunches
15 bicycles
15 leg lifts
15 hip lifts
15 scissors
1 minute plank

Tuesday - October 15

Strength
  • 12m

2 x
40 squats
10 pushups
15 crunches
15 bicycles
15 leg lifts
15 hip lifts
15 scissors
1 minute plank

Getting a cold for sure. Slept in and skipped my planned run.

Monday - October 14

Sport
  • Plyometrics
  • 55m

Went to the 5:30 a.m. RIPPED class at the Y (Resistance, Intervals, Plyo, Power, Endurance, Diet) with Lisa, one of the cyclists. Had heard about this class from a number of people but had never gotten around to trying it out. Lots of good stuff - weights, aerobic intervals, plyometric jumps, some kickbox moves, burpees, etc. The instructor was very good and her music was not too bad either. Tired now.

After the big biking weekend I knew I would be sore, but as the day wore on, my throat started to feel raspy and that good workout ache seems more like body aches that come with being sick. Cut out of work a little early, came home and been lying around. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Sunday - October 13

Bike #1
  • 1h 52m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 16.07 Mi/hr

Steve and myself joined a small group from the bike club. This is an annual road ride, culminating in "Oktoberfest" at the host's house. Bonfire with brats, hamburgers and fried fish topped off a great afternoon ride.

Bike #2
  • 1h 12m
  • 11.50 miles
  • 9.58 Mi/hr

Rode mtb over to the lake trails, rode all three trails. South trail is badly overgrown and not much fun, but I did see a beautiful deer. The other trail system is in good shape. Legs were not as strong as yesterday. Rode conservatively since I was alone. Good ride.

Saturday - October 12

Run
  • 1h 39m
  • 8.41 miles
  • 11m 46s /Mi

Planned to meet up with the new training group at 8, but that's pretty late to start a long run (the group was only going to run 3 miles). So drove to Washington Park and went out early to get some miles in. Got about a block from the car and the skies opened up and rained. Felt fine as long as I was running.

Found a small group of ladies to run with, some are newer runners, others are just slower like me. Anyway....a block from the park and it starts pouring again! Had a good run despite the rain but couldn't wait to get home and change into warm,dry clothes.

Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 10.45 miles
  • 9.95 Mi/hr

Steve and I took the mountain bikes over to the lake trails and rode. Had a really good ride.

Strength
  • 12m

2 x
40 squats
10 pushups

1 x
25 crunches
25 bicycles
25 leg lifts
25 hip lifts
25 scissors
1 minure plank