Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 11m 40s /Mi

Ran the 2-mile loop around Washington Park, then met up with Karen and ran 4 more miles. Good run, chilly night.

Strength
  • 20m

http://www.dailyhiit.com/videos/increase-your-intensity-workout-hii...
2 times through Daily HIIT workout:
10 low reverse lunge
10 dips
10 pullups
10 front raise squat
10 knee lifts

Then abs:
30 each:
crunches
bicycles
leg lifts
scissors
hip lifts, 10 both legs, then 10 each leg
rope climbers

30 seconds plank

On tap for this evening - 6 mile run. Keep fingers crossed the rain holds off. Trees are turning beautiful shades of red and gold. We are having a gorgeous fall.

Strength
  • 12m

90 squats
30 pushups
30 each:
crunches, bicycles, leg lifts, hip lift, scissor kicks, rope climber
30" plank

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Did two workouts from Daily HIIT

Holy H*ll, it's 29 degrees out there! Not quite ready to face those kinds of temperatures in the early morning hours, so my run will have to wait until this evening.

Run
  • 57m 31s
  • 5.03 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi

Supposed to run with Karen at the park, she called around 3 and said she was feeling like crap. Went ahead to the park and tried a new route that went through some neighborhoods I had not run in before. Really enjoyed it, good mix of long slow climbs. When I got back to the park I ran into Carol, the wife of the local tri race director, and she ran the last mile with me.

Strength
  • 14m

3x
30 squats
10 pushups
30" plank
10 crunch
10 bicycle
10 leg lift
10 hip lift
10 rope climber
10 scissor kick

So it's been close to two months since I've been in or near a swimming pool. Thinking that I might give it a whirl this week.

Bike
  • 15m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Easy spin on the trainer prior to strength workout

Strength
  • 15m

3 sets of
30 squats
10 pushups
1 minute plank
10 crunches
10 bicycles
10 leg lifts
10 hip lifts
10 rope climbers
10 scissors

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 15m

Workout from Daily HIIT
3 sets of various leg sets, burpees, box jumps, etc.

Went out to cheer on the runners at the first Springfield Marathon. Found a good spot near the mile 9 water stop and rang a cowbell and shouted encouragement. Temps were in the 40s, making for perfect running conditions. It looked like there was a good turnout for this event.

Run
  • 1h 12m
  • 6.10 miles
  • 11m 48s /Mi

Nice run this morning, just jogged around town and explored some of the older side streets I don't normally run on. Toes were cold. It's about time to start wearing two pairs of socks

Strength
  • 20m

30" jumping jacks
20 standing crunches
10 burpees
30" plank
30" mountain climbers
20 squat with kettle bell
10 box jumps
20 k bell swings with squat
25 each of crunch, bicycles, leg lifts, hip lifts, scissor kicks
10 superman
10 fitness ball walkout

Run
  • 37m 24s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi

Decent run. Took a walk break on bike trail in a spot where it's really too dark to see your hand in front of your face, and then a short break on a big hill. My cold seems to be at peak gross phase, lots of coughing up crud. Enough already!!!

Strength
  • 15m

http://www.dailyhiit.com/challenge/7-day-challenge-day-5

miscellaneous strength work from HIIT workout

Strength
  • 12m

2x
40 squats
10 pushups
15 crunches
15 bicycles
15 leg lifts
15 hip lifts
15 scissors
1 minute plank

Had a very nice birthday yesterday, took off work a little early and did some badly needed shopping for work clothes. It's been hit or miss, my big complaint is that it's hard to find age appropriate clothing that isn't frumpy. Found a couple of nice sweaters and a pair of pants at Macy's, then went over to Kohls and found a new belt, purse and one of those trendy "infinity" scarves (whatever).

Steve took me and DD Erin out to dinner at Bella Milanos, a semi upscale Italian place. Had some good wine and chicken marsala. We both remarked that we need to get back on the Paleo-oriented eating.

Raining this morning so no run for me. Hoping the skies clear and I can get some mileage in later. The week has been a bust for running between the weather and being somewhat sick.

And it's COLD out there! Wow...I have the windows in the bedroom cracked to keep fresh air circulating. The entire upper level of the house is chilly. My computer is down in the basement and it's nice and toasty.

abake's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • St. Judes Memphis Marathon (Run)
    12/6/2014 Memphis, Tennessee
  • Pigman Long Course Triathlon (Triathlon)
    8/16/2015 Palo, Iowa
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals