20 squats
10 one legged squat, l/r
10 pushups
15 crunch
15 bicycles
15 leg lifts
15 hip lifts
15 scissors

This week will be four days of Sharepoint Foundations training offsite. The training center is just a few blocks from the office, so I can pop back over at lunch to check emails and get a bite to eat. Looking forward to the change in routine.

On tap for tonight - 6 mile run

Sunday - October 27

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 6.67 Mi/hr

So...there's a mountain bike trail at New Salem that I have heretofore resisted the urge to ride. In the summer it's been too overgrown, so I thought maybe waiting until fall was wise. Kept hearing this trail was poorly built --- instead of switchbacks, you plunge up and down ravines. That's pretty much the way it went. The first mile was good riding except that there were so many "death balls" from the walnut trees that it was unsafe. Then it was straight down into the ravine.

I'm probably a low-intermediate on the mtb skill scale, so I knew there would be walking on this trail but really, much of it was quite unrideable. I never did feel like I could just relax and enjoy this trail, much as I wanted to. I probably walked a fourth of it. Some of the downhills were just too sketchy and of course, there were corresponding climbs.

Was glad to get back to my car. Discovered a huge thorn stuck in the front tire. I run tubeless so better to leave the thorn in.

Went over to the Church trails and rode a couple of laps to make up for the lackluster ride at New Salem.

Saturday - October 26

Run
  • 1h 29m
  • 7.50 miles
  • 11m 52s /Mi

Decent run but I felt kind of heavy and off. Probably the crap nutrition. Oh well, it's done

Strength
  • 08m

30 each
crunch, bicycles, leg lifts, hip lifts, scissors

Friday - October 25

Strength
  • 08m
Sport
  • HIIT
  • 35m

Tough workout from Daily HIIT -- lots of plyo. Opted for this rather than a run out in the cold.

The cold snap continues, 24 degrees at 5 a.m. That's justification IMHO to not get up to run. I think tomorrow will be better.

This might be the winter that I lobby to get a treadmill.

Thursday - October 24

Strength
  • 12m

3x
20 squats
10 squat jumps
30" plank
10 pushups
10 each of crunch, bicycle, leg lift, hip lift, rope climber, scissors,

Wednesday - October 23

Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 11m 40s /Mi

Ran the 2-mile loop around Washington Park, then met up with Karen and ran 4 more miles. Good run, chilly night.

Strength
  • 20m

http://www.dailyhiit.com/videos/increase-your-intensity-workout-hii...
2 times through Daily HIIT workout:
10 low reverse lunge
10 dips
10 pullups
10 front raise squat
10 knee lifts

Then abs:
30 each:
crunches
bicycles
leg lifts
scissors
hip lifts, 10 both legs, then 10 each leg
rope climbers

30 seconds plank

On tap for this evening - 6 mile run. Keep fingers crossed the rain holds off. Trees are turning beautiful shades of red and gold. We are having a gorgeous fall.

Tuesday - October 22

Strength
  • 12m

90 squats
30 pushups
30 each:
crunches, bicycles, leg lifts, hip lift, scissor kicks, rope climber
30" plank

Sport
  • HIIT
  • 25m

Did two workouts from Daily HIIT

Holy H*ll, it's 29 degrees out there! Not quite ready to face those kinds of temperatures in the early morning hours, so my run will have to wait until this evening.

abake's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races