13 pushups

HIIT Workout from Daily HIIT
Bunch of stuff that I can't remember the name for, ab-oriented

Saturday - October 5

Run
  • 2h 05m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 12m 30s /Mi

Met Karen at Panera and ran to FitClub, then over to Washington Park. Muggy morning, but still a decent run. Took one minute walk break every mile

Friday - October 4

Strength
  • 17m

30 crunches
30 bicycles
30 leg lifts
30 scissors
1 minute plank

50 squats
10 pushups

7 PM
5 rounds of
20 jumping jacks, 10 pushups

A little more on the attack on the woman runner yesterday --- evidently the man who attacked her ran off when she screamed and fought back. He got into a small red car that appeared to be waiting nearby. Another man was driving. Disturbing that they would appear to be working as a team.

Even worse, a couple of reports surfaced yesterday that these two were spotted hanging out at the trailhead of the Sangamon Valley Trail last weekend.

I think I'll avoid the bike trails for a while when running solo. I hate that things like this make me have to rethink routes and dig out the pepper spray.

Thursday - October 3

Run
  • 48m 12s
  • 3.85 miles
  • 12m 31s /Mi

Met Karen at Lincoln Park and we ran over to the cemetery and did the Octo, a series of 4 hills that fan out from a small area near the civil war soldiers' plot. Tough hills. We would run a hill and walk a minute to recover.
Got back to Lincoln Park and considered running a lap of the park, but a scary t-storm was bearing down on the area. It's raining like crazy now. We need the rain, it will be great sleeping weather

Strength
  • 17m

30 crunches
30 bicycles
30 leg lifts
30 scissors
1 minute plank

From HIIT Website
45 squats
10 pushups

7 PM - After running
5 rounds of:
10 pushups, then jump rope to equal one minute (turned out to be 15 seconds of pushups, 45 seconds of jump rope)

Gratitude Challenge - Day One
This morning a female runner was attacked on a road that I used to run on. It's considered a safe area with houses all around. She just happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I am grateful that for all the years I have gone out running alone and at odd hours, nothing like this has happened to me or to my fellow running friends.

GNO was ok, there were about ten ladies who showed up and met at the new winery. It was almost too big of a group, mostly everyone sat in a circle around the food and chit chatted with the person next to them. I got bored and left after an hour.

Schedule says 5 miles with hills tonight. Headed over to Lincoln Park to run with Karen after work. T-storms are in the forecast so let's hope that holds off.

Wednesday - October 2

Strength
  • 15m

25 crunches
25 bicycles
25 leg lifts
25 scissors
1 minute plank

Mini Crossfit WOD
do one squat, take one breath
do 2 squats, take 2 breaths
all the way up to 10 squats, then back down

10 pushups

Supposed to run 5 miles with hills today. Legs are tired and so I slept in. Have a Girls Night at the new winery tonight so there's not going to be any running this evening. I can push the run to tomorrow.

Tuesday - October 1

Run
  • 35m 45s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 55s /Mi

First two miles went pretty fast, but I slacked off and took a bunch of walk breaks in the last mile. Legs were tired (not as tired as QueenZipp's but still tired). Realized I needed to kick it in a little bit to come in under 12 minute mile.

Strength
  • 10m

25 crunches
25 bicycles
25 leg lifts
25 scissors
1 minute plank

40 squats
10 pushups

Found a fun HIIT-oriented page on Facebook with an October squat-pushup challenge. My mini-crossfit WOD is to "run one mile". That will have to be after work.

https://www.facebook.com/BIGHIIT

Monday - September 30

Run
  • 1h 11m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

Met Karen and ran 4 miles in Washington Park, then met up with the new FrostToes training group. Saw a ton of people I knew, some I have not seen for several years. This new group should be great and reminiscent of our local running club back in the "glory days".

Strength
  • 11m

100 jumping jacks
25 air squats
20 pushups
To be done for time: 4:10

Then abs
7 minutes

abake's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5