planks
25 squats
25 plie squats

Sport
  • Kettlebell
  • 30m

Kettlebell DVD

Oh joy, I am getting a cold.
Both people I knew who were doing IM Wisconsin this year DNF'd. I feel bad for them.

Bike
  • 2h 25m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 16.55 Mi/hr

The rain finally moved out of the area so we were able to ride the 40 mile route. Good turnout. Humid day

We are signed up to ride the Capital City Century bike ride today and had planned to start out at 7 a.m. But it's been raining since 3 a.m. Part of me is disappointed but I'm also grateful for this gentle rain, as the area is on the brink of a drought. We might be able to salvage a shorter ride once the rain moves on. I feel bad for the organizers of the event.

Run
  • 1h 08m
  • 5.50 miles
  • 12m 21s /Mi

Easy run, nice morning

Bike
  • 45m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 8.00 Mi/hr

Took Cross bike around the church trails and on the grass XC course. Tried the run-up-the-hill-carrying-the-bike maneuver, which was questionably successful. Did some mount/dismount stuff on the straighter parts of the trail; last year I practiced a lot at this and it is starting to come back although I'm not going to set any records.

Nice ride. Trails are so dry and powdery. Washed the bike when I got home and oiled chain and some of the lines.

Strength
  • 06m

Day 2 Abs
25 crunch
25 bicycle
50 scissors
25 hip lift
planks

So my week long hiatus from running ends today. It will be good to get back into it.
There are a couple of CX races I've tentatively put on the schedule and the first one is in two weeks. I probably should dust off the CX bike and do some riding.
BeeBee came through her surgery just fine yesterday although she was a freaked out mess when I picked her up. She was also starving. The vet sent home some syringes with a liquid painkiller to give her for the next two days and it's been easier to administer than I had anticipated.
Bee must have been in a lot of pain from these bad teeth, she had lost a little bit of weight (good thing since she's overweight but not a good way to lose it) and seemed to be getting pickier about her food. Now I'm convinced she was just in too much pain to eat. Damn cats, why can't they just tell us what the issue is instead of being stoic and trying to hide it?
Lunch with my mom and sister at Olive Garden today. Yum

Strength
  • 22m

Have missed some days on my Ab Challenge streak, so...
DAY 1
25 crunches
25 bicycles
25 hip lift
25 scissor
planks

6 PM
Butt Bible DVD - fun and silly

Have to take BeeBee the cat in to have two teeth extracted. So no food after midnight. She is meowing angrily from the other room, demanding her food. Ugh, the guilt....

Strength
  • 25m

30" jumping jacks
10 pushups
20 squat jumps
4 pullups
20 split squats
planks
50 bench squats
10 box jumps, 18" box
10 pushups
30" jump rope
4 pullups
30" jumping jacks
planks
30" jump rope
3 x 10 wall squats with fitness ball, then hold for 10"

Decided to take an entire week off from running and start back into it this weekend.
Was talking with the race director for the local Route 66 Half Ironman yesterday. He has been kind of hiding out since the race. I guess there were several incidents with some out of town d-bag types that angered him so much that he wanted to quit. Not sure specifically what happened, but I had heard that one of the girl scout volunteers got screamed and cursed at for not handing out water quickly enough on the run. What the hell is wrong with people? It would be interesting to see a psychological profile for some of these people.

Bike
  • 58m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 15.52 Mi/hr

Easy road ride with Steve after work. Lots of the back roads have been recently rocked, making for some slow going. It's a gorgeous evening, feels like fall.

Strength
  • 10m

25 crunches
25 bicycles
25 scissor kicks
25 hip lifts
25 leg raise, l/r
25 clamshell l/r
1 minute plank
25 squats
25 plie squats

Back to work, reality today. Back to better nutrition. Need to clean the mtb tonight and finish doing laundry, and work a short run in there somewhere.

My friend Mary was messaging me on FB last night wanting to pick a HIM for 2014. I trained for a HIM this year but ended up not racing but don't feel any pressing urge to commit to a race. I'm thinking I may stick to Xterra events from hereonout.

abake's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • Pigman Long Course Triathlon (Triathlon)
    8/16/2015 Palo, Iowa
  • December's totals
  • November's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals