20 split squats
30 " plank
20 one-legged jumps
25 squats with 25#
30" jump rope
10 pushups
5 burpees
10 wall ball w/med ball

Busy weekend, Steve DD and her family were here and spent the night. Weather was pretty nasty yesterday, sleet and winds in the evening, but family came over and had dinner and spent some time with the new baby. The two year old has a nasty croupy cold and got up several times in the night. Katie is so patient and consistent with her, she is a good mom.

They left this morning and then my daughter was out to do laundry. We hit the Goodwill up the street and scored big on some spring clothes. Realized this evening that I should have worked a couple of hours this weekend, tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Oh well..

Run
  • 2h 27m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

Cold run up the bike trail to scheels, where I refilled water bottle and then turned around and headed back. Coming back sucked out in the open parts where the winter wind was particularly nasty today. Glad I got out and ran though. Offered up my run for Meg.

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.60 miles
  • 11m 32s /Mi
Strength
  • 10m

ITB Strength routine from strengthrunning.com

Oh joy, more snow and cold temps for the weekend!

Busy day, ran out of time for a workout. Steve and I both feel like we're coming down with colds. Boo
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 21.00 Mi/hr

Took in a spin class at the new gym. I know the instructor from waaaaayyy back when I belonged to Springfield Racquetball & Fitness, and she delivers a seriously tough workout. Took my mtb shoes thinking I had SPD cleats on them but when I could not clip in, realized I had Crank Brothers cleats. No problem, just used the strap things and actually I think that worked to my advantage since I'm not using clips on the mtb.

Gyms are funny things. You go for the workout but it's always good to have friends and workout buddies. At the Y, where I had been going since 2008, it had gotten to the point where I never saw anyone I knew. Don't know if people just left or if they were on different schedules, but it was pretty lonely there at times. Tonight at LA Fitness I saw Brenda, two women from the running club, two guys that we bike with during the summer, and the president of the local bike club.

Ugh, had computer issues yesterday and wasn't able to get on BT. All is well now.
Feeling a little under the weather today, hopefully it's not going to turn into anything. I am hoping to try out a spin class at the new gym tonight.

Run
  • 52m 49s
  • 4.47 miles
  • 11m 48s /Mi

cruised around the neighborhood

Strength
  • 35m

MTB strength workout - Phase 1 functional movement

Steve and I signed up for a membership at the new L.A. Fitness. We toured it yesterday and I admittedly went in with a bit of a negative attitude. But things at the Y have been not so great lately and it feels like a change might be in order.

abake's Training Log

January 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • St. Judes Memphis Marathon (Run)
    12/6/2014 Memphis, Tennessee
  • Pigman Long Course Triathlon (Triathlon)
    8/16/2015 Palo, Iowa
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals