Enjoy the Journey

Friday - February 14

Thursday - February 13

Wednesday - February 12

Probably no workout today, get off work at noon and then coming home to pack. We are spending the night in St. Louis and trying out an Italian restaurant in The Hill neighborhood. Flying out in the early morning to Mexico. Really looking forward to getting away from Illinois winter. Monday's low of -10 set a record for this area.

Tuesday - February 11

Strength
  • 12m

2 x
30 squats
30 sec plank
10 crunches, bicycles, leg lifts, hip lifts
10 sec Crow yoga pose (I suck at this)
15 slow box steps

Monday - February 10

Strength
  • 45m

Workout A - Phase 2 Functional Movement
Finished up with 3 circuits of:
sprint up stairs
crawl down low across living room (like you are ducking under barbed wire!!)
back down stairs
jump up to do one pullup
high knees through a ladder laid on the ground
leapfrog over a small filing cabinet
one burpee

Fun, like an obstacle course

Steve's DD and her DH signed up to do one of those warrior dash type runs in May. It's a 5 mile run with 32 obstacles. They encouraged me to join them, since none of their friends were dumb enough to even consider such an event. I'm thinking about it. Set up a little obstacle course in the basement and played with some moves. If the weather ever breaks, I can go to a local park and practice on the playground equipment. It's pretty much a given that I'll fall and break an ankle or something.

6 below zero right now. Steve and I are flying down to Akumal, MX on Thursday for a real quick getaway. Weather is predicted to be more seasonal when we get back next week.

Sunday - February 9

Bike
  • 42m
  • 13.00 miles
  • 18.57 Mi/hr

Waited around most of the day for temps to get into the high 20s as predicted, thinking it would be nice to run outdoors. Never got above 19 and there's enough ice on the road to make me think twice, so I rode the drainer for a bit.

Strength
  • 15m

30 wall ball shots
30 sumo deadlifts with KB
30 box jumps, 14" box
30 push press with 20 lb barbell
10 rows each side, 15 lb
30 pushups
30 squats with 20 lb barbell

Saturday - February 8

Bike
  • 38m
  • 8.30 miles
  • 13.11 Mi/hr

Trainer. Worked on pedaling and shoulder position. Need to find a crappy mtb to put on the drainer, trying to do mtb drills on the tri bike just isn't the same.

Swim
  • 28m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 48s /100 yards

Swam at the new pool. This time is not accurate, as the new pool is a 25 meter pool. I need to figure out how to change units. But whatever, good swim. The pool feels "fast", if that makes sense. Maybe because the water is clean?

abake's Training Log

February 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• St. Judes Memphis Marathon (Run)