OK, so it looks like the hard drive is out on my iMac at home. It's 5 years old. Debating if it's worth getting fixed or if it's just time to buy a new laptop. Which would be a Dell since we get great discounts through work. Any opinions are welcome!
Bike
  • 45m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 9.33 Mi/hr

Mtb on church trails

Run
  • 54m
  • 4.48 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

Supposed to be 5 miles, I say this is close enough. One mile warmup, then 6 x 1 minute @ 5k pace with 2 minute jog/walk to recovery. Humid morning, glad I got out early.

Ugh I think my home computer is dead. Using phone is somewhat problematic :(

Run
  • 1h 15m
  • 5.25 miles
  • 14m 17s /Mi

Ran with the Abe's Army newbie runners. There was a fair amount of walking but for the most part, I think everyone is doing very well. Hot evening, I forgot my visor and had to use my shirt to wipe sweat out of my eyes over and over. Ugh...

Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 14.77 Mi/hr

Steve and I had long talked about doing a ride that would end at a newish winery, today we gave it a try. Another couple joined us, they aren't really strong cyclists but it was nice to have them along. Worked out very well, we had lunch at the winery and killed a bottle of white. My only issue is that I took a two hour nap when I got home!

Good stuff at the Farmers market. Got some blueberries, peaches, green beans, pork sausage, ground beef, a cantalope and some local honey. Got a big crock pot full of chicken going and am attempting to sprout some chickpeas, with the idea of making a white chili.

Earlier this year, I had cut all dairy out of my diet except for some plain yogurt on occasion (of course if we are out and ordering pizza, I don't turn that down). I've noticed a huge improvement in my breathing and was able to wean off the drug Advair about two months ago. And a further benefit has been that my weight has been slowly creeping downward. Weight gain is not listed as a side effect of Advair but there has to be a connection.

Run
  • 1h 39m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 12m 22s /Mi

Nice longish run, tried out a new route

Run
  • 36m 04s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12m 01s /Mi

Easy jog on a beautiful cool morning. Almost feels like fall. Did 3 100m strides at the end with 2 minutes rest in between

This week flew by. Glad to have the weekend facing me. Tomorrow will be a long run followed by a trip to the Farmers Market

Run
  • 35m
  • 2.80 miles
  • 12m 30s /Mi

Legs very tight and not happy at all. Did a lot of walking in the last half mile. Broke out the foam roller when I got home and worked on calves and quads.

Strength
  • 15m

Myrtle Routine

abake's Training Log

July 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • St. Judes Memphis Marathon (Run)
    12/6/2014 Memphis, Tennessee
  • Pigman Long Course Triathlon (Triathlon)
    8/16/2015 Palo, Iowa
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals