• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - August 27

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6

Saturday - August 26

Bike
  • 3h 20m
  • 50.10 miles
  • 15.03 Mi/hr

Was in Estes Park with Adam and Pete. We rode from the hotel in town up through Rocky Mtn. National Park to the top of Trail Ridge Road, which, if I understand it correctly, is over the Continental Divide. Started out around 7,000 feet and the highest point was around 12,200. In all, we did over 5600 feet of climbing on what was the coolest ride I've ever done. It got a little chilly above tree line and on the decent, but we had enough gear and it didn't rain on us so we probably lucked out there. I'd definitely do it again but would advise against doing this ride slightly hungover and having only eaten a banana before starting.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 5.5

Friday - August 25

Took my dogs to daycare this morning to drop them off and about 3/4 of the way there Whiskey starts whining. Kind of typical for him so I don't think a lot of it. Get there and they both run around a little before I get them inside where I'm talking to the lady. Waiting, waiting, waiting, then Whiskey decides to pee on the floor. Welcome to one of the world's most nervous dogs. I'm sure they're probably used to it there though.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6.5

Thursday - August 24

For some reason I was completely exhausted after I got home last night and fell asleep on the couch at 10:30 - early for me. Ended up sleeping for 8.5 hours and feel great today. I should probably try that more often.

I think I need to start wearing my glasses again. Allergies are starting to kick in, which makes my eyes watery and itchy, and basically increases the strain of looking at my computer for most of the day. I should probably get a checkup on my eyes while I'm at it.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8.5

Wednesday - August 23

Bike
  • 56m
  • 8.10 miles
  • 8.68 Mi/hr

Went mountain biking at Green Mountain with a friend after work. Lots of fun, but I really need to work on my MTB skills - completely different style of riding. My friend was giving me a hard time because everyone else out there had my bike. He counted 5 Yeti 575s. I only saw 2 other Santa Cruz Blurs; thought I'd see more.

The hardest thing about mountain biking, I've decided, is that you get zero time to warm up and have to start climbing right away. First half of the ride was tough. Second half felt great and I think it's because I was warmed up by then.

Turkey sausage. Interesting stuff. Not bad after the awkwardness (taste) of the first couple bites.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7.5

Tuesday - August 22

Run
  • 25m 18s
  • 3.24 miles
  • 07m 49s /Mi

Ran my loop from home around the park and back just going how I felt. No HRM - probably won't wear it for a while now, though I was probably in Z2 for the most part and a little bit of Z3 on the hills. Felt pretty good.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7.5

himself's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance