Don't Suck

Friday - September 15

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 17.60 Mi/hr

Time is right, distance is a guess. Rode with Julia around Chatfield. For the most part we missed the rain, but definitely hit the wind.

Thursday - September 14

Wednesday - September 13

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 23.00 miles
  • -----

Time's right,distance is a good guess based on having done this route before.

I have successfully mastered the art of doing nothing. I intended to ride my road bike last night, but by the time I got home and took care of a couple things, there wasn't enough light left to do any sort of a meaningful ride. And I'm not that anxious to jump on the trainer yet so I walked the dogs instead, which I'm sure they appreciated.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7

Tuesday - September 12

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Monday - September 11

Aside from having soreness in a couple weird spots I feel pretty good today, which only means I'll probably feel like crap tomorrow. I think the tiredness caught up to me last night and I fell asleep in the middle of sending an email (on my couch). But I slept for 8.5 hours, which is almost unheard of for me. That's probably another reason why I feel pretty good today.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - September 10

Bike
  • 5h 31m
  • 103.00 miles
  • 18.67 Mi/hr

Rode the Buffalo Bicycle Classic Century with Adam. Don't really feel like doing a RR for this so I'll just put it in here. Started the ride at 7:15 and it was pretty cool and overcast, but was pretty much great riding weather. Took it easy in the beginning trying to figure out a pace so we didn't blow out our legs. Not sure of the course but it went from Boulder up around Carter Lake to Ft. Collins and for the most part we rode it by ourselves, hopping in with different packs along the way. At one point we got passed by this group of 8 or so guys in their upper 40s or so who were masters of the absolute worst paceline ever. Passed them just before a downhill (got to 50 I think) and they passed us backon the flats so we dropped them on the next climb. About the time we were thinking of settling in again we heard a group of guys coming behind us and thought it was them. Turns out it was Tyler Hamilton and some guys with him. We ended up hopping in with his group. Pretty cool to ride with him and draft off him (and pull him a little bit). Hung with them for about 10 miles until we hit the aid station at the turn around. On the way back it was a bit more of the same, but with a headwind that was a pain in the ass, as were some of the slow rollers. I hate long, slow inclines, especially into the wind. Talked to some others and about the time our legs were weakening we stopped at an aid station. In addition to the normal bananas, oranges, grapes, etc. they also had chicken, beaf, or bean burritos, as well as chips and salsa and guac. Perfect timing. Actually, all the aid stations were really good and there were plenty of them. Kind of limped home for the last 15 miles, ate some food, had a beer and headed home. In all, I'd definitely do the century again. At first I thought it was a bit expensive for a century ($85), but it was well supported, well-organized, decent schwag (t-shirt and water bottle), and free food/beer (1) afterwards. And most of that fee goes to a scholarship fund, which I'm fine with.

I think at that we did about 4300' of climbing, so not bad even though it's over 100 miles. We did a century earlier in the year and both felt awful afterwards, as in shut down for the rest of the day. I'm still tired, but not insanely exhausted and aching everywhere so I guess it's a testament to how far my fitness has come since earlier in the year.

• RACE DAY: Buffalo Bicycle Classic

Saturday - September 9

himself's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time