SPRING Hawk Island Triathlon - Sprint Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 04, 2017
1601 E. Cavanaugh,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (500.00 meters) Bike (16.00 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: South Lansing Community Development Association
- Website: http://www.hawk-i-tri.com
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Michigan's largest beginner-friendly multi-sport event, the Hawk Island Triathlon, now offers Kids, Sprint, and Olympic distances. Start your triathlon season with us! Whether you’re a kid with training wheels, and adult beginner, or a seasoned athlete with a wall of accolades, the Hawk Island Triathlon has something for everyone!
We've got a family-friendly venue, highly organized event coordination, a supportive race community, awesome volunteers, and a variety of distances for all ages and fitness levels. We encourage racers of all abilities and welcome accommodations for people with limited mobility and/or sensory loss.
Kids races (ages 2-14) are the first Saturday after Memorial Weekend. Sprint and Olympic distance races (ages 8-80) are the following day (first Sunday after each holiday).
It's not uncommon for friends, coworkers, spouses, siblings and multiple generations of families to train and participate together. Remember, the family that races together... has a whole lotta fun!
The Kids triathlon is completely contained within Hawk Island County Park. Kids swim in Hawk Island lake, and we make sure the course is never deeper than kids can stand. Our littlest triathletes (2-6) bike and run in an empty fenced in parking lot. The bike course for older kids is a 1.5 mile paved path around the park (2 loops for dolphins, 3 loops for sharks). The run course is 1 mile out and back along the lake (twice for sharks). We designed this course so that spectators can see and cheer their young triathletes during every aspect of the race.
Members who are scheduled to race: