Power Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 18, 2014
- Address: 11255 Nuckols Road,
Glen Allen, Virginia Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (300.00 meters) Bike (12.20 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Richmond Multisports
- Website: http://www.richmondmultisports.com
- Contact email: 411@RichmondMultisports.com
- Description: Swim
300 meter pool "snake" swim (25 meter pool).
Racers start one at a time, swim up and down lane 1, go under the lane line and repeat in lanes 2 through 6 for a total of 300 meters. Swimmers will start at 10-15 second intervals. Swim caps are not required for pool swim triathlons.
The swim cut-off time is 15 minutes.
The bike course is a rolling to flat, crazy eight-shaped course through rural parts of Henrico, Hanover, and Goochland Counties. Police & directional volunteers will be at all major intersections. The actual course distance is somewhere between 11.9 - 12.1 depending on what device you use to measure it.
Basically a flat out and back through one of Richmond's premier neighborhoods, Twin Hickory. There will be aid stations at the 1 mile mark, that you will hit again at the 2 mile mark on your way back.
- Members who are scheduled to race: estrickland, H20man, rdrab