CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 14, 2016
2700 West Blue Ridge Dr.,
Greenville, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (400.00 meters) Bike (15.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2749
- Contact email:
- Description: The Greenville Triathlon has become one of South Carolina's largest events. With its beginner friendly atmosphere and elite level field, the Greenville Triathlon offers something for all ranges of athlete. It is very rare to see an event with so many first timers racing along side some of the state's best.
The event begins with a 400 meter pool swim in the 50 meter Westside Aquatic Center facility. Athletes will begin two at a time, going off every 10 seconds and swim one way in each lane. At each wall athletes will go under the lane rope and into the next lane until a total of 8 lengths have been completed.
The bike course is a one loop 15 mile course. The first and last sections of the course are on fairly busy 4 lane highways. However, the curbside lane is closed from traffic on all these sections of highway. The middle portion of the course is on quiet country roads. Terrain is moderate to hilly with no major grades, just long rolling climbs and descents. Turns are marked with pavement arrows and directional signs. Police and volunteers control all intersections on the course.
The run course is a two loop 3 mile course. Athletes will begin the first 1.5 mile loop in front of the aquatic center before returning back to the aquatic center to begin lap number two. After the second lap a right turn to the finish will end the day. The course is mostly pavement with a 1/4 mile stretch of each loop being run on hard packed dirt roads. Turns are marked with pavement arrows and directional signs.
Members who are scheduled to race: gkrowe