Ironman Lake Tahoe
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 20, 2015
Lake Tahoe, California
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (4224.00 yards) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://ironmanlaketahoeca.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Race morning starts at the Kings Beach State Recreation Area, where sandy, beach-front shores deliver athletes to the clean, clear waters of North Lake Tahoe. A lakeside transition and the start of the bike course bring riders along the shore with spectacular views down the 21-mile length of the Lake as riders enter Tahoe City. Cyclists race through the Truckee River corridor, following the Truckee River past Squaw Valley and into the town of Truckee. Here the course turns south back toward the lake, rolling past Northstar California and the start of the climb to Brockway Summit at a 7,200 foot elevation.
Back at Kings Beach, athletes repeat another loop before finishing at Squaw Valley, home to the 1960 Winter Olympics. With a transition at Squaw Valley, runners will proceed back up the Truckee River corridor along the Truckee River bike path. Athletes will be treated to a relatively flat course along one of the most scenic stretches in the world before returning back to Squaw Valley and the satisfying finish of IRONMAN Lake Tahoe.
Members who are scheduled to race: cparunner, davide, DeVinci13, dfh, jennyjemison, randy mounts, RunBikeSink