The Eastern Shore 140 Ultra Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 07, 2013
- Address: Cape Charles Beach,
Cape Charles, Virginia Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Full Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (4221.35 yards) Bike (112.00 miles) Run (26.20 miles)
- Organization: Eastern Shore TRI
- Website: http://www.es140.com/
- Contact email:
- Description: Endurance athletes looking for a new challenge will certainly want to add the newly announced Eastern Shore 140 Ultra Triathlon to their calendar. The inaugural edition of the race is scheduled to take place in and around Cape Charles, Virginia on September 7, 2013.
This epic triathlon course begins with a 2.4 mile out and back swim in Virginia's Chesapeake Bay. The swim route starts and finishes on the soft sandy beach adjacent to downtown Cape Charles. Competitors will swim a triangle in the beautiful Chesapeake Bay in historic Cape Charles. The 112 mile out and back bike ride will take place on some of the Eastern Shore’s scenic, flat, and rolling back country roads. The 26.2 mile marathon route consists of two loops that start and finish in downtown Cape Charles. The route passes along the sandy beaches of Cape Charles and along the nicely shaded beautiful Bay Creek Resort and Golf Club community, returning through historic downtown Cape Charles to the finish right in the heart of the city.
- Members who are scheduled to race: maggzgirl