CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 29, 2013
- Address: ,
Cornelius, North Carolina Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2355
- Contact email:
- Description: This race involves some special logistics due to the point-to-point nature of the race. The swim takes place at Davidson College Lake Campus. The bike course starts at Davidson College Campus and finishes at Bailey Rd Park along with the run.
The swim will take place at Davidson College Lake Campus off Langtree Rd. Water temperature in Lake Norman is usually around 70 degrees which will make for a fast wetsuit legal swim. The swim will be a beach start, with participants lining up shoulder to shoulder. It will be a triangle clock wise swim course with two turns. Swim bouys will be positioned every 100 meters throughout the course. The swim exit will be a ladder exit at the end of the pier.
Transition #1 - The swim to bike transition is will be at Davidson College Lake Campus. The swim to bike transition is about 1/4 mile due to the finish location of the swim and the start location of the bike. The road from swim finish to T1 is not paved, it is a gravel road. We will provide a location at swim finish to place shoes, so participants have the option to utilize them when running from swim finish to T1.
The bike course is a 56 mile loop that will run thorugh 4 different counties. The course will start out by going directly through Downtown Moorsville heading out into rural areas of NC. The course is a combination of flats, rolling hills, rural and urban areas. The Road surface is very good throughout the course.
All participants will need to check in their bikes into the T1/Davidson College Lake Campus transition area on Saturday between 12:00 Noon -7PM. Due to limited space, no vehicles will be allowed to access T1/Davidson Collge Lake Campus on race morning. All athletes and spectators will be transported to T1/Davidson College Lake Campus on race morning.
Transition #2 - The bike to run transition will be at Bailey Road Park.
The run course is an "out & back" design. The course is rolling, features a fair amount of shading, but also some long stretches without shade. The course will leave Bailey Rd Park and connect to the Davidson Greenway system. It will utilize the Davidson Greenway system, Davidson College, and surrounding neighborhoods in Davidson/Cornelius.
- Members who are scheduled to race: Andrew H., cj7weston, cujeepr, darlabeam, domermuth, joseymel, jtopham1, leprochronic, nwind27, oeskew, Tate Rust Sr, teeohdbldee