Ironman 70.3 California Oceanside
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: March 29, 2014
- Address: 1540 Harbor Drive North,
Oceanside, California Get directions
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironmancalifornia.com/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The city of Oceanside worked alongside Camp Pendleton to accommodate the race, going so far as to allow the one and only time of the year that anyone is allowed to swim in Oceanside Harbor.
The bike portion still goes through the rolling hills of Camp Pendleton but also takes one along the coastal beauty of the San Clemente State Parks. The route takes the cyclists down to view the Oceanside Pier which is one of the longest fishing piers in California.
The run portion takes the athlete along the strand to view the miles of white, sandy beaches and next to the amphitheater that used to be a swim plunge. The runners will enjoy heading down to the southern tip of Oceanside where one feels that they have stepped into a Scandinavian fairytale with the architecture of the homes. The finish line will make one feel like a champion as they finish on the strand, with the pier in sight and spectators everywhere.
- Members who are scheduled to race: 101abp40, blackorcutt, Captain Morgan, carllepper, croyston, dagroff, dakota1013, davidleventhal, HighC, indielight, iP2, ironjim140.6, jaimemtzm, jaydiver, Joe Hoffman, Knunruh, Lar Dog, mszeszel, NOOTZ, Pacific John, perkins_jerryw, PHXATC, pogeystickjoe, ranman69, rdcarl, rdub, Tagg, Teddyp97, The Sloth