Ironman 70.3 California Oceanside
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: March 28, 2015
1540 Harbor Drive North,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: World Triathlon Corporation
- Website: http://www.ironmancalifornia.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: This race offers the only chance athletes have to swim in the calm, protected Oceanside Harbor, where water temperatures in early spring are usually in the low to mid 60's.
The bike course takes cyclists along the California coastline to San Clemente, before dipping into the Marine Corps Base at Camp Pendleton. Here, challenging hills confront athletes before they are taken back to the Oceanside Pier—one of the longest fishing piers in California.
The run portion takes athletes on a winding journey along the pier, and then out to Oceanside's flat beachfront path, "The Strand," where miles of sandy beaches provide a distracting vista. Runners then head into a residential area, and loop back out to finish not far from the ocean's edge, in a chute that's always lined with energetic spectators.
Members who are scheduled to race: Colorcrimes, Comanche, iP2, ironjim140.6, Juhrend, kmaclean, Mitchparadise, NRNS2013, Panda_Jack, pismobeacher, RsRyder125, STut, tdueker, trainwithyo, utahrunner