General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boston Marathon Charity Numbers - Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-10 8:33 AM

User image

Expert
Framingham, MA
Subject: Boston Marathon Charity Numbers - Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary

I'm passing this note along that I received, in case anyone is looking for a Boston number.  There was an application attached to the email I received, but it's too big to attach, so you'd have to have Kristina send it to you.

Dear Friends,

We have a wonderful opportunity for people who love to run.  This is a chance to become an official runner in the Boston Marathon, without having to first qualify in another marathon. 

Mass Eye and Ear has generously received 60 Boston Marathon numbers by the official sponsor of the Boston Marathon, John Hancock Financial Services, and we are still looking for about 25 runners to fill these spots!!  We need to confirm all runners in the next two weeks or we will lose the unassigned numbers.

As you may know, in order to run the Boston Marathon, you must either time qualify (which means first running another marathon under a certain time) or run with a charity marathon program.  Each runner who receives a charity number will become a member of Team Eye and Ear and will be required to raise a minimum of $3,000 to support the efforts of MEEI and help fund hope for people suffering from eye, ear, nose, throat, head and neck disorders.  

Benefits that Team Eye and Ear members enjoy include a weekly training program through FitCorp, team celebratory events and the opportunity to meet famed running legend, Bill Rogers.

I am available to speak with interested runners.  Thank you for helping to spread the word and for all you do for MEEI.

KRISTINA SYM

Special Events Coordinator

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary

243 Charles Street

Boston, MA 02114

Tel: (617) 573 - 6364

Fax: (617) 573 - 3444

www.meei.harvard.edu

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boston Marathon Charity Numbers - Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary Rss Feed