BT Development Mentor Program Archives » PhoenixAzul's Mentor Group -Full up! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2008-03-04 4:00 PM
in reply to: #1152462

User image

Veteran
Mission
Subject: RE: PhoenixAzul's Mentor Group -Full up!
So. how is everyones training going? Mine going great, its been nice being able to get oustide for my rides after all the bad weather up here in BC. my swimming is coming along nice to.

2008-03-05 6:03 PM
in reply to: #1252345

User image

Castle Pines North, CO

My wife made a comment about this "Ironman thing" is not just about the finish but my journey to it.  I think she is right.  This process is not physical, spritiual, mental, it is all of the above.  It appears that I may have the opportunity to join up with a non-profit organization to generate donations for them just because of my entering in the Ironman Arizona.  There is no greater gift that to be a part of something larger than yourself and I will be honored if I am able to help them in any way.  I will keep you all updated.

My training is going well.  I will not deny that I sometimes don't want to run or doubt myself rather I have what it is going to take to complete my season successfully but I gain motivation from the love of the people around me.  I am not as quick as I want to be, nor am I confident that I am in the shape I want or need to be.  I will continue my journey through this and ask for all the prayers from all of you as I will give in return.  This is not a race for me, this is not a"season" for me.  This is my life, and BT as well as the friends, and yes even the training have allowed me to get introspection in my life that is more than overdue and for that I am forever thankful. 

Sincerely yours,

Ray 

2008-03-17 6:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
well said, Ray!

and, yes, I have heard of Mt. Gilead, OH. Have not been there, though.

Training is going well here- I've had lots of incidences where the person I used to be would have quit. I'm about to be "off" for twelve days- I am heading South to take care of my mother post-surgery. My body can use the time off, but I'm planning on getting out for some short runs with the jog stroller.

It is nicer to have the weather cooperating. I have run a few times outside, and this past Sunday did my first sprint brick work out and was shocked that I could do it and that it wasn't as bad as my husband made me think it would be.

Happy Training everyone- stay healthy and safe. Spring is almost here!

2008-04-01 10:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
How is training going?

I'm thinking about doing a 5k in May at the Toledo Zoo. Just trying to work out a way to do it with my husband and have our kids there to watch.

I just got back from taking 2 weeks off- my mom had surgery and I was her caregiver. She kept me too busy to get in any runs, plus the weather was awful. Is it Spring yet for any of you? Are you able to train outside?

Our temps are climbing but it's still cold and rainy and windy.
2008-04-04 5:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Mission
It was spring for a couple of days, but now its raining again. The good part about it was I got a club ride with almost 30 other people on wensday. We had a little 20 min race at the end Me and my bro ended up pulling quite a bit of tempo and i chased down a few little breaks . Results My bro won, some other guy second, me 3rd.

I got my 3rd race of the season this sunday a 10k in my hometown. I am hoping to go sub 40min.
2008-04-05 9:53 AM
in reply to: #1316895

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Congrats on that bike!

And good luck tomorrow- hope you meet your goal!

2008-04-06 4:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Mission
I completed my 3rd race today. I ran the 10K. I finished in 40:31. I finished second in my age group. and 8th overall. Im not sure how many people there well all together havent seen all the numbers. It was a great race except i went out a little bit fast, but im happy with my results.

2008-04-12 4:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Congrats on your race, triboy!

Our weather here got a little nice, but now we have a chance of snow tomorrow? Still have not ridden outside and am nervous about getting used to the bike. Have run outside several times and am currently doing well on my training program for my first race. How is everyone else doing? Posting has been pretty quiet.

May do a 5k Run in May to get ready and break up my training a bit. It will be my first 5k run since college!
2008-04-15 3:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Mission
my training has been going realy well actualy. I have ramped up my my bike milage the last two months beacuase at the end of next month me and my dad and brother are going to ride the Ironman canada bike course.

As for my run and swim training they are both advanceing realy well.
2008-04-18 9:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
That's so cool that you and your family are doing the ride together- I'm still working on trying to get my bro to run a little 5k with me.

I hit a bit of a silly milestone today but want to share. I've been training since January with only a brief 12 day break to take care of my mum after her surgery. Anyway, my plan today is a long-ish bike, and I am doing that later this afternoon once my husband is home to watch the kiddos. Our baby was very fussy this morning so I stuck her in the jog stroller and just ran the one mile loop in our neighborhood to stretch my legs a bit- kind of a warm up for the work out later. I ran it in 11:12. That was me running it nicely, not too fast, and that is by far my fastest mile time yet. I'm super excited because I can see some real progress and feel even more excited about my training as it starts to ramp up towards race day!
2008-04-18 12:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Mission
Congrats on the little milestone. I know how it feels to see improvements like that. Its just the sorta thing that happens and it makes you feel great

2008-05-12 9:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
I'm joinging a different mentor group. Good luck everyone!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » PhoenixAzul's Mentor Group -Full up! Rss Feed  

of 4