General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Ohio Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-14 6:23 AM

Subject: Hello from Ohio
Hello everyone! I was introduced to the site by husband who has over the past year found a new found joy in tri's. I am not at that point yet of doing a tri (I have talked about it but not sure if I could do it just yet) but I have never done any type of running. I have been fairly active in exercising over the last couple of years but with my thyroid problems I have not been able to loose the weight that I have been trying to loose..So my husband referred me here to try the couch to 5k aggressive and that is where I am at now. The first week went really well (but it was all walking) and now I am headed into the 2nd week and will begin some of the light running. I am a little nervous about starting to do the running for as I stated before have never ran. I look forward to this program and hope that it will help me to loose the weight I have been trying to loose with the additional exercises of weight training and biking.

Any advise you could give me on the couch to 5k program to help ease my nerves as I prepare to run, would be great!

Thanks!

2008-01-14 8:26 AM
in reply to: #1154062

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Hello from Ohio

Good program that one is.  This week is walking 27 minutes, running 3.  You can split that 3 minutes into 3-1 minute runs depending on how you feel.  Example, walk 9, run 1, walk 9, run 1, walk 9, run 1, then a walk cooldown.  Or put the 3 minutes of running right into the middle...walk 14, run 3, walk 13.

Good luck this week...you will be fine.  Just remember to keep the running slow enough to be a conversational pace.

2008-01-17 3:08 PM
in reply to: #1154062

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Subject: RE: Hello from Ohio
Wow, 1st post and you get a reply form the "Big Boss" How cool! maybe everyone else was a little to intimidated to reply after that. I am to stoopid to be intimidated, so.....WELCOME! Sorry i didn't stop by sooner but I have been a little busy with this new Mentor thing going on. I hope you enjoy it here... lots of goood folk.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Ohio Rss Feed