Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2008-01-16 2:59 PM
in reply to: #1159147

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane
Subject: RE: Top three things...

I am in the process of shopping for a new road bike as well. Here's how I am going about it.

1. Establish budget
2. Go to LBS (all of 3 them...I live in the sticks) and get catalogs and price lists. I know all the local shops pretty well, and would be happy buying from any of them, so picking a shop is out of the equation for me personally. But if you get a hinkey vibe from any of the shops you visit, that may factor into your decision.
3. Salivate over the catalogs for a while
4. compare the frame geometries and specs of the various models in my price range
5. Check and see what the internet dealers have to offer. just to see if there is a deal that's too good to pass up

I already know a good bit about what kind of fit I am looking for, and I can compare the geometry charts wit my current road bike's specs to get a proper fit, so I am a bit ahead of the game in that dept.

6. Make decision

7. plunk down cash

8. ride

that's the plan

2008-01-18 11:25 AM
in reply to: #1159147

User image

Master
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Top three things...
After Fit... since that has been said eleventy-seven bazillion times...

1. Frame
2. Wheels
3. Components

People may hate me for saying this... but For under $1000, bikesdirect is really hard to beat. Sure, its a generic name, but they sell a good product at a great price. The only people I have heard complain about BD are the people who havent bought from them.

I can not personally vouch for BD, but 2 guys at work have bikes from them, and they both love them.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Top three things... Rss Feed  

of 2