General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Props for my bike fitting at Smyrna Bicycles Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-18 2:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Marietta, GA
Subject: Props for my bike fitting at Smyrna Bicycles
Hey, y'all.
I just wanted to pay it forward by sharing my great experience at Smyrna Bicycles (on the East West Connector) this morning.
My wife had gotten me my Kalibur for Christmas '06 using some basic body measurements to get basically the right sized bike for me. However, I never really got around to a complete bike fitting. After four tri's last summer and several long rides at the SCT, my body was telling me the bike just wasn't quite 'dialed in'. After posting a question this week on the NAMC's forum and getting answered by Matt Russ, I decided to suck it up and go for a real fitting. I remembered a patient mentioning Smyrna Bicycles as a good shop, so I called up, asked some questions, and finally went this morning for my fitting.

All I can say is, "WOW!"

From my first calls, Brown was extremely nice and helpful. Then today, he and Tom took an hour checking and adjusting my bike and set-up. Tom did most of it as I think he is the one professionally trained to fit bikes. Each little tweak he did felt better and better until we had hit complete fit. It feels like a brand new completely different bike (in a good way) !
I highly recommend them. Thanks, guys.

T.J.

2008-01-21 8:15 AM
in reply to: #1164594

Veteran
Subject: RE: Props for my bike fitting at Smyrna Bicycles
Weird. I got a gift of an older model Scott Centurion. I went in there with full intention of buying new pedals, tires, gloves and a helmet but I wanted them to fit me on the bike. I'm a bit of a newbie at cycling. They basicly looked down their noses at the bike and even slightly hinted that I buy a new bike (almost $3,000) instead of fixing up this older one. They wanted to charge me $ to fit me too. I just said I would come back but I never did. Sounds like you had a great experience but I did not.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Props for my bike fitting at Smyrna Bicycles Rss Feed