General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I will tri again! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-11-24 2:16 PM

St. Charles, MO (outside of St Louis)
Subject: I will tri again!
I know what you are going through with the plateau just like the others. I have been quite lazy for a while though, and you guys are quite motivating. I recently signed my 2 girls up for the swim team at the local club, and I swim during their practices. After reading several posts here, and some prior thought on the matter I feel it's time to get back into triathlon. I lost 40 pounds in 2 months of intense (relatively) training about 3 years ago, but have crept back up to 255. I am going to plan 3 triathlons for 2005, but instead of waiting to train in the spring, I am going to get moving now.

Thanks for the extra motivation, and good luck to all of you guys.

Let us know when you break that plateau! Don't give up, don't ever give up! You will get where you are going as long as you don't lose sight of your target!

2004-12-01 9:34 AM
in reply to: #86320

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northeast Ohio
Subject: RE: I will tri again!
Good for you for getting back to it! My 8 year old is on the swim team so I use her 90 minute practices as my workout time. Also, watching her do the butterfly and effortless flip turns motivated me to sign up for a swimming class at the college where I work. I hate to be outdone by a little kid. Flip turns and butterfly (both of which I now know how to do, but it still ain't pretty) won't be much use in a triathlon, but putting in 2 days a week of drills for the last 13 weeks is sure to help.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Debi
2004-12-01 4:20 PM
in reply to: #88010

St. Charles, MO (outside of St Louis)
Subject: RE: I will tri again!
Actually, I had my best workout in the pool in quite a while last night during my daughters(2) swim team practice. There are 2 25 yard pools, and I was in the other pool in a lane next to the high school swim team. Every time they started a lap, I would start a lap. I did this for 45 min's and next thing you know I had a 2000 yard workout with approx 14 to 15 strokes per length. Not too shabby for a flabby guy!

Thanks for the input and reassurance!

Cliff
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I will tri again! Rss Feed