General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-ing hard in Los Angeles!! :D Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-29 12:17 AM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, GA
Subject: Tri-ing hard in Los Angeles!! :D
Hey everyone!! My name is Matt and I just moved out here to LA from Texas about 4 months ago. I decided about a month ago (new year's resolution i guess...lol) that it was time for me to take control of physical future and to set some goals for myself that would allow me to get into the best shape that I possible can...and challenge me in ways that I've never been challenged before. I really have no background in any of the sports at all. While I was growing up, I hated running with a passion and was definitely pleasingly plump, as my mom liked to call it...hahaha. The last few years as I've been in college, I got big into rock climbing which got me into decent shape. I've been out of college and semi-sedentary for the past year and have slowly been slipping into the chubby rut once again. Since the new year, I've gotten a membership at a nice gym and found BT and have been working on the 3x 16 week Olympic plan. I've been loving it...most of the time...and I am very determined to do the very best that I can at this. I'm going to be running a 5K this weekend at Huntington Beach as kind of an intro to my new lifestyle and I'm really looking forward to that. Well, thanks everyone for putting up with all of my rambling...lol. I look forward to meeting you all and to maybe dominating some races together. ;P

Cheers!!

Matt

2008-01-29 12:43 AM
in reply to: #1181032

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Tri-ing hard in Los Angeles!! :D

Hi, Matt! Welcome to BT and the wild world of tri, and congrats on making such awesome changes in your life.

Check out the California forum--there's a bunch of us doing the Surf City races (I'm doing the half) and we're meeting up the day before, if you can make it.

2008-01-30 7:36 AM
in reply to: #1181032

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Tri-ing hard in Los Angeles!! :D

I had pretty much the same background as you, didn't do sports, HATED running. Back in 7th grade my parents wanted me in cross country.  At the time, it was brutal and not loved by me, luckily an ear-infections after a rainy run put a stop to that early career.  Decades later I've gravitated back to that!

That 3x 16 week Oly plan is good.  You will be well prepared for your first triathlon.  Good luck this weekend on the 5K.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri-ing hard in Los Angeles!! :D Rss Feed