General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Suggestions for bike shoes and pedals Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-31 10:14 AM

Subject: Suggestions for bike shoes and pedals
I am starting to train and have located a lender bike. I am trying to find a pair of shoes and clets that use SPD so I can also use them at a SPINN class. I talked to a local store owner and he said that some road shoes don't except SPD. I do not want to buy two pairs so if need be I will slowly break onto the Road instead of spinn or use my gym shoes. Any suggestion on shoes cleats and pedals would appreciate it. The loaner bike has no pedals so it is open. Thanks all

2008-01-31 11:50 AM
in reply to: #1186289

User image

Master
Winder, GA
Subject: RE: Suggestions for bike shoes and pedals

What you're looking for are shoes that accept 2-hole cleats. Some road shoes don't accept both so you'll need to look at shoes that will accept spd cleats. If you don't want to get two pairs of shoes, almost all mountain bike shoes will work with spd's. And you could put the pedals on your road bike, Shimano 520 pedals. Those pedals are generally mountain pedals but would work fine with any bike. Check out bikenashbar.com and performancebike.com. A lot of people would suggest trying on shoes before buying but if money is an issue then check out the sale and closeout shoes. BTW, Perfomance bike's brand, Forte, tends to run a little wide.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Suggestions for bike shoes and pedals Rss Feed