Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Setting up tv and peripherals... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-03 3:09 PM

Pro
Subject: Setting up tv and peripherals...
I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot when it comes to setting up electronics, but usually after fiddling for awhile I figure things out... or I break something.

In this case, I bought a PVR awhile ago and it works very well. For some reason I disconnected my DVD player, and now, I want to use it to play home movies. I have two ways that I can connect the DVD player, one, using component video cables and audio inputs into the audio 2 input in the back of the tv (preferable because of the better picture quality) or two, using the auxiliary input in the front of the tv.

The front inputs don't work at all, I get no picture, the back input using the component video gives me picture and sound, except the picture is split vertically in the middle of the screen and shows most of the image in double on the screen. What I mean is that it is compressed a bit and you see most of the image on the left, then a blank space and then the image mostly repeated on the right.

I can see no reason for this, but something tells me that there is a setting somewhere that would take care of this, so I am calling on the collective intelligence of BT to provide some insight.

Muchas grassyass.

2008-02-03 3:50 PM
in reply to: #1192215

User image

Regular
Fort Collins, CO
Subject: RE: Setting up tv and peripherals...
Have you made sure the colors for the connections match? I know it's a stupid check, but I have trouble seeing colors and I've plugged in the component cables to the wrong connections before. I got a discolored, scrambled image by doing this.

I hope it's that simple.
2008-02-04 11:46 AM
in reply to: #1192215

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT
Subject: RE: Setting up tv and peripherals...

Do you have a PAL/NTSC setting anywhere?  The compressed video made me think of this. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Setting up tv and peripherals... Rss Feed