of 2

2008-02-28 7:18 AM
in reply to: #1221793

User image

Expert
Sarnia, Ontario
Subject: RE: How is the new year going?

It's been a rocky start to the year.

I gained almost 25lbs in the off season.

Broken foot in January put a damper on running and biking.

Pulled muscle in my back in January put a damper on swimming.

But, I seem to have recovered in time, and am now in week 2 of my 20wk 1/2 IM plan.  I'm hoping to do the Peterborough 1/2 iron race in early July.  So far, no real issue with the injuries during my start back to serious training.

The most annoying part, since starting the 1/2 IM plan, I gained another 5 pounds.  How the hell does that happen?

But, I must admit I am feeling pretty good in my training.  Mu run seems to be really strong for me.  I hope that trend continues as it by far my weakest of the 3 disciplines.

2008-02-28 7:54 PM

User image

Wow -- everyone is doing such great things out there! I am so impressed with everyone following a plan. I haven't ever done that -- just kind of winged it. Somehow, following a plan seems much harder to me than just heading out and doing something each day.

After a very sllloooowwww start, I have finally gotten a handle on working out. This is mostly because of a huge (for me) victory! I finally learned how to stand up and pedal at the same time without crashing my bike!! I have been working on that particular skill for months, but it has been tough going because I have nerve damage in both ears, so my balance is terrible. I went up Mt. Lemmon earlier this week (about a 7% grade), popped my bike up into the big gear and about the middle of the cassette and suddenly, everything clicked! It was great - and it has increased my motivation tremendously!!

I have stopped my high protein diet, and I am trying to eat what is appealing (even if it is m&ms), but in small quantities. I want to see what happens if I don't restrict my eating in any way. So far, I have lost 3 pounds (in 10 days). I will have to see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Leslie
2008-03-03 5:30 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I finally am losing weight and lost 20 lbs so far this year. Good news is 5 lbs lighter than my lowest I had last year. I am trying to push it hard since I been hurt.

I had a slip and fall on Superbowl and yesterday I ran 4.5 miles which is my longest to date. I was on the bike last night and I only could make 7 miles.

I am coming back so hopely by April 15th I will be ready to start my 20 weeks to the IM push. I have 5 weeks to get into pre IM traning shape.

I figure my endurance I am screwed but weight wise I am doing well. Hopely I will be down another 10 lbs or so before I have to start the IM training.
2008-03-04 12:29 PM
in reply to: #1239926

User image

Expert
White House, TN

katybug34 - 2008-02-28 2:49 AM My TI DVD will be here tomorrow and then....

...you may become frustrated at how long it takes to learn good form.

Be patient and follow all the drills until you can do them proficiently.  Don't worry if your endurance suffers; it comes right back with a vengance once you have good form.

2008-03-05 7:44 PM

User image

Expert
Berkley, MI

I am in week 2 of intermediate sprint training - however I started the plan 4 weeks early.  I was getting antsy!

I ended my base building adventure that I started 12/1 - and since christmas I am now down 20lbs.  

Life is SWEET.

2008-03-14 5:29 PM
in reply to: #1255067

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
})i({RunnerGirl - 2008-03-05 8:44 PM

I am in week 2 of intermediate sprint training - however I started the plan 4 weeks early. I was getting antsy!

I ended my base building adventure that I started 12/1 - and since christmas I am now down 20lbs.

Life is SWEET.

Wow -- we're similar but opposites...I am in my first week of a 20 week half-iron plan, but since I'm starting 4 weeks late, I'm really getting antsy.

And in this new year I've lost a few bf% points, but I'm really struggling to get into the low 20s bf%.  So congrats on your progress!  You must be doing a lot of things right.

I'm going to add your BT blog to my "friends" list and keep an eye out for you...any fan of Wonder Woman is a friend of mine!  

YAY for })i({RunnerGirl  !!!

Cheers, -Sunny 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How is the new year going? Rss Feed  

of 2