Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Need help, mostly from Denver area people Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-20 10:11 PM

Subject: Need help, mostly from Denver area people

In the late 90s a radio station in the Denver area (96.5 the peak) put out a compilation of live tracks from artists such as Barenaked Ladies, The Wallflowers, Big Head Todd & the Monsters plus many others.  It was called The Peak Lounge - Live Tracks Volume 2.  My wife received a copy of it for her birthday from her brother.  She absolutely loved the music.  Unfortunately the discs today are very scratched from being tossed around in the car and I failed to make MP3 backups of the few discs we kept in the car so we are without the music now.

I was wondering if anyone out there had a copy of it and if they would be willing to somehow hook me up.

Thanks.

2008-02-20 10:30 PM
in reply to: #1225181

User image

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County
Subject: RE: Need help, mostly from Denver area people

Have you checked the file-sharing sites?  Not that it's entirely legal, but I consider this kind of rare music quest "OK" when downloading.  I'm thinking specifically of WinMX, which is my site of choice.  The computer I use to download is down right now, but I'll try to check it tomorrow. 

And I hear ya.  I had a great couple of CDs that friends made for me of off-line music, and now they're gone (a couple were stolen from my car!), and totally irreplaceable.   

2008-02-21 2:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Westminster, Colorado
I have Volume 1.
Here is who is on it:Rusted Root, Jewel, Better than Ezra, dada, Billy Pilgrim, General Public, Vigilantes of Love, moonpools and caterpillars, sonia dada and collective soul...Let me know if this sounds like something you want.
2008-02-21 3:27 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City
JoeR - 2008-02-20 8:11 PM

In the late 90s a radio station in the Denver area (96.5 the peak) put out a compilation of live tracks from artists such as Barenaked Ladies, The Wallflowers, Big Head Todd & the Monsters plus many others.  It was called The Peak Lounge - Live Tracks Volume 2.  My wife received a copy of it for her birthday from her brother.  She absolutely loved the music.  Unfortunately the discs today are very scratched from being tossed around in the car and I failed to make MP3 backups of the few discs we kept in the car so we are without the music now.

I was wondering if anyone out there had a copy of it and if they would be willing to somehow hook me up.

Thanks.

There is a product called "Disk Dr." (I think).  I have been able to bring back some pretty messed up CD's.  If you can get it to play - rip it ASAP and then burn another copy.

BTW - I'm an Ex-Denver-"ite" - NOT by choice.  The Peak was AWESOME.  They were at a lot of races too!  I would really check Itunes or the Zune store.  I have found some pretty obscure things there - however, these albums are just a local thing and could be hard to get..... 

2008-02-21 3:57 PM

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

Stupid question, but have you tried contacting the radio station?

Google gave me a picture:

v2

Edit: Nevermind, it's now Hispanic radio...

Edited by the bear 2008-02-21 4:01 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Need help, mostly from Denver area people Rss Feed