Canadian Triathlon Forum Nova Scotia » Anyone in Halifax new to this Crazy Sport Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-21 2:55 PM

Subject: Anyone in Halifax new to this Crazy Sport
Last Fall I just ran my first sprint, and was feeling pretty excited to continue my training over the winter and maybe even try for an Olympic distance the following fall.

As luck goes, I blew out my ankle in November and I am just started to run again now. I am hoping a can pull it all back together again and atleast do a few sprints over the summer, but I find myself right back to a starting position.

If there is anyone else just starting out please drop a line.

Beginner again

2008-03-03 8:38 AM
in reply to: #1226608

User image

Veteran
Halifax
Subject: RE: Anyone in Halifax new to this Crazy Sport
hey.

I have been looking to push into tri's over the last two years but have stuck with running but this year I'm going to take the step and do some sprints.

Rice.
2009-01-15 10:27 AM

New user

I am not from Halifax but close...Truro. Did my first event last summer in New Glasgow - Sprint on Aug 17th. I am definitely new to the Triathlon scene as I never even knew what the sport was until around the end of June 08.
2010-01-28 12:39 PM

New user

I'm new, from just outside Halifax
Haven't even trained yet, but was always very physically active when I was younger.  I'm having knee surgery in Feb, and I'm planning on starting to train after recovery.

Jo
2010-02-18 8:44 AM

I am new to the sport and live in Dartmouth. I have been a die hard runner for years so excited to try this out.

2010-08-23 12:18 PM

User image

Little Harbour
I am super new..as in haven't done my first race.  I have been working out but had no goal in mind.  I remember alays watching the Kona Ironman and wondered how you would get into that.  Then I became a working stiff and moved to Pictou County where they have a Marathon and a Tri-Club at the Y.  Well that was it I was going too do it...then I finally sold my house building a new one and living with two kids my wife and a dog in a two bedroom apt.  so my training fell to the wayside.  Then out of the blue the other morning while staying at my in-laws my wife said..let's go for a run.  I didn't realise how out of shape I am..my legs felt like lead and my lungs were on fire.  Long road a head for my first tri next summer....

also wanted to do adventure races but the popularity of those died when Mark Burnett shifted from Eco-Challenge too Survivor...

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Nova Scotia » Anyone in Halifax new to this Crazy Sport Rss Feed