General Discussion Triathlon Talk » reversible/forward seat post recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-25 9:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Effect Snow Country
Subject: reversible/forward seat post recommendations
My new bike is here and together and fabulous, but I'm going to need a new seatpost as I need the saddle to move forward just about an inch more than it can (I'm cursed with a short torso but everything else is really long...).

I know my LBS will try to sell me something out of my price range, partly because that's what they do, partly because its all the product they carry. Therefore, I need to find this on my own, and probably online.

For background, I have an 06 Cannondale Slice tri bike (its aluminium, not the carbon and aluminum version from last year) and while I give props to Cannondale for including a agreat Fizik tri saddle that I probably wouldn't ponied up for on my own, I can't figure out the freakin' boat anchor they use for a seat post! So, I'd like lighter and obviously, forward. I'm pretty sure a forward post would be too forward, so reversible would be better, but you guys probably know better than me.

2008-02-25 12:20 PM
in reply to: #1233532

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: reversible/forward seat post recommendations
Thomson Set-back Post. It was originally designed to put a rider further back on a mountain bike, but is often used to put the rider forward on a road bike. You just need to make sure you turn the top part of the clamp around (it's stamped with "Front" and "Back").

Thomson posts are very easy to adjust, and very high quality.

2008-02-25 4:37 PM

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario

Not sure of the dia your looking for, but the Selco bi-position comes in a few sizes and is available in aluminium or carbon. It gives a ton of adjustability, with essentially 4 different positions to mount your saddle (2 positions front-facing, 2 rear-facing), then allows you to slide the saddle fore/aft along the rails, giving a total of about (I'm estimating here) 12-15cm (4"-6" ) of adjustability fore & aft.  If you can't get your saddle into the right position with this one, then you're on the wrong size frame.

http://www.selcof.com/07/eng/_biposition.php

EDIT to get rid of some smilies that kept popping up!

Edited by sty 2008-02-25 4:38 PM
2008-02-26 11:56 AM

User image

Master
West Jordan, UT

There's always the profile design fast forward post. Might be too far forward for you, though. 

http://www.profile-design.com/products/seatposts/fast-forward/

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » reversible/forward seat post recommendations Rss Feed