General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RAGNAR this week - what's your Viking name? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-02-25 6:03 PM

User image

Elite
the desert
Subject: RAGNAR this week - what's your Viking name?

http://www.thequarter.org/Media/VikingName.php

I'm....

Tanni Oakenhawk

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You are strong and tireless, frequently shouldering burdens that would tire lesser men. You might be able to hold your own on the battlefield, but you're no "berserker".

You might grumble a bit at the lack of amenities on board a Viking longboat, but you can handle it. Other Vikings consider you "one of the guys".

You consider yourself to be better than a lot of people. Although you might not know it, the people you despise laugh at you when they see you sucking up to your superiors. You sometimes come off as a bit of a snob. Vikings are not snobbish people -- they either like you, or they kill you. Try to be more like a Viking.

2008-02-25 6:06 PM
in reply to: #1234846

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2008-02-25 6:29 PM

Elite
Mesa, AZ
Subject: RE: RAGNAR this week - what's your Viking name?

Jódís Boneflattener

(Well, actually, that wouldn't really be your name -- since you're female, your name would be something like "Jódís Björnsdottir". But this is the twenty-first century, and you want to be known for who you are, not for who your father was, right? Right.)

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You have a thirst for battle, and tend to strike first and think later. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around.

You would have a very tough time making a long sea voyage in a Viking longboat. Vikings make fun of you all the time. Not always behind your back, either.

You consider yourself to be better than a lot of people. Although you might not know it, the people you despise laugh at you when they see you sucking up to your superiors. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving.

*SWEET BONEFLATTENER!!!
2008-02-25 7:50 PM
in reply to: #1234881

Elite
the desert
sportyj - 2008-02-25 4:29 PM

Jódís Boneflattener

(Well, actually, that wouldn't really be your name -- since you're female, your name would be something like "Jódís Björnsdottir". But this is the twenty-first century, and you want to be known for who you are, not for who your father was, right? Right.) Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You have a thirst for battle, and tend to strike first and think later. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around. You would have a very tough time making a long sea voyage in a Viking longboat. Vikings make fun of you all the time. Not always behind your back, either. You consider yourself to be better than a lot of people. Although you might not know it, the people you despise laugh at you when they see you sucking up to your superiors. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving. *SWEET BONEFLATTENER!!!

Is that good thing or a bad thing for Josh?

2008-02-25 8:12 PM

Extreme Veteran
Arizona
Hear me now and think about it later!

I am ... Jósurr Ironhound!

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You are strong and tireless, frequently shouldering burdens that would tire lesser men. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around.

You might grumble a bit at the lack of amenities on board a Viking longboat, but you can handle it. Vikings make fun of you all the time. Not always behind your back, either.

You have a fairly pragmatic attitude towards life, and tend not to expend effort in areas where it would be wasted. You sometimes come off as a bit of a snob. Vikings are not snobbish people -- they either like you, or they kill you. Try to be more like a Viking.
2008-02-25 8:25 PM

Veteran
Sokki Bonesmasher
Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You are strong and tireless, frequently shouldering burdens that would tire lesser men. You might be able to hold your own on the battlefield, but you're no "berserker".

A long sea voyage aboard a Viking longboat would be difficult for you, but you might be able to manage it. Other Vikings consider you "one of the guys".

You don't have a lot of tact, so it's lucky Vikings never cared much for diplomacy. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving.

They don't call me Bonesmasher for nothing! Who's NEXT?!?!?!

2008-02-25 9:36 PM
in reply to: #1235048

Expert
Arizona
Did anyone want to do Ragnar that didn't get a chance? I may have
an opening on a slow corporate team. Let me know.

I will never do coordination again.

Jökull Shieldtipper

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. Both your friends and your enemies think you're a little weird. You might be able to hold your own on the battlefield, but you're no "berserker".

You might grumble a bit at the lack of amenities on board a Viking longboat, but you can handle it. Other Vikings consider you "one of the guys".

You don't have a lot of tact, so it's lucky Vikings never cared much for diplomacy. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving.

-Jot

Edited by gamebofh 2008-02-25 9:44 PM
2008-02-25 10:03 PM

Expert
Wandering through AZ
Hróaldr Wulfsbane

Your Viking Personality: You're a doughty, stalwart Viking. You have a thirst for battle, and tend to strike first and think later. As a Viking, you're one of the "berserkers", and rush into battle with no clothes on. If the sight of you naked isn't enough to disable the enemy, your sword certainly will be.

You can handle long sea voyages easily, despite the lack of amenities. You possess some skills which other Vikings respect, though in your case their respect is tinged with fear.

yup...especially the naked part. Well maybe just a speedo and a HRM.

2008-02-25 11:43 PM

Regular
Kaðlín Shieldpuncher

(Well, actually, that wouldn't really be your name -- since you're female, your name would be something like "Kaðlín Björnsdottir". But this is the twenty-first century, and you want to be known for who you are, not for who your father was, right? Right.)

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. Both your friends and your enemies think you're a little weird. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around.

A long sea voyage aboard a Viking longboat would be difficult for you, but you might be able to manage it. You possess some skills which other Vikings respect.

People who've known you for a while don't always trust your word. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving.

Wanna join my new Viking church? See you Saturday at Exchange 32 for services.
2008-02-26 12:22 AM

Master
Flagstaff and Phoenix, AZ
Ástríðr Runnynose

Your Viking Personality: The other Vikings let you come on raids with them, but only because they think it's hilarious to watch you try to handle a sword. You're not a belligerent person by nature, which is unfortunate if you want to be a Viking. You're not a very fearsome fighter; in fact, you'd probably bleed to death if a sword hit your shadow.

If you ever tried to make a voyage in a Viking longboat, you would die. Either from seasickness, or from your shipmates throwing you overboard into shark-infested waters. Vikings make fun of you all the time. Not always behind your back, either.

People who've known you for a while don't always trust your word. Due to your gregariousness, you don't strike fear into the hearts of your victims. Try to be a little more surly in the future.

Must have been that "tofu" option I clicked on...

Edited by SauseEnte 2008-02-26 12:26 AM
2008-02-26 7:26 AM

Master
Goodyear, AZ
Salbjörg Madgoat

(Well, actually, that wouldn't really be your name -- since you're female, your name would be something like "Salbjörg Björnsdottir". But this is the twenty-first century, and you want to be known for who you are, not for who your father was, right? Right.)

Your Viking Personality: The tougher Vikings might let you on the boat, but generally only when they need ballast. You're not a belligerent person by nature, which is unfortunate if you want to be a Viking. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around.

If you ever tried to make a voyage in a Viking longboat, you would die. Either from seasickness, or from your shipmates throwing you overboard into shark-infested waters. Other Vikings can find one or two good qualities in you, but that's about it.

People who've known you for a while don't always trust your word. You sometimes come off as a bit of a snob. Vikings are not snobbish people -- they either like you, or they kill you. Try to be more like a Viking.

Ha! I wouldnt be a very good viking. I think it was probably because I'm a vegetarian

Sorry I wont be out there with you guys. HAVE FUN!!! Cant wait to hear about it!

Edited by riorio 2008-02-26 7:28 AM

2008-02-26 7:35 AM

Master
Kóri Quickthews

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You have a thirst for battle, and tend to strike first and think later. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around.

You would have a very tough time making a long sea voyage in a Viking longboat. Other Vikings consider you "one of the guys".

You have a fairly pragmatic attitude towards life, and tend not to expend effort in areas where it would be wasted. Due to your gregariousness, you don't strike fear into the hearts of your victims. Try to be a little more surly in the future.

2008-02-26 9:17 AM

Pro
AZ
Tófa Ferretcrusher

(Well, actually, that wouldn't really be your name -- since you're female, your name would be something like "Tófa Björnsdottir". But this is the twenty-first century, and you want to be known for who you are, not for who your father was, right? Right.)

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. You have a thirst for battle, and tend to strike first and think later. You might be able to hold your own on the battlefield, but you're no "berserker".

If you ever tried to make a voyage in a Viking longboat, you would die. Either from seasickness, or from your shipmates throwing you overboard into shark-infested waters. Other Vikings would consider you "one of the guys" if you were a guy. (But even though you're a woman, they still think you're all right.)

You consider yourself to be better than a lot of people. Although you might not know it, the people you despise laugh at you when they see you sucking up to your superiors. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving.

2008-02-26 9:18 AM

Pro
AZ
We should have put THESE names on the backs of our t-shirts!!!
2008-02-26 9:25 AM

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Ragi Goatgrabber

Your Viking Personality: The tougher Vikings might let you on the boat, but generally only when they need ballast. You are strong and tireless, frequently shouldering burdens that would tire lesser men. You might be able to hold your own on the battlefield, but you're no "berserker".

A long sea voyage aboard a Viking longboat would be difficult for you, but you might be able to manage it. Other Vikings consider you "one of the guys".

You have a fairly pragmatic attitude towards life, and tend not to expend effort in areas where it would be wasted. Other Vikings would be calling you "tree-hugging hippie peacenik" if the phrase had been invented.

I resent being called a "tree-hugging hippee peacenik"

2008-02-26 9:37 AM
in reply to: #1235735

Elite
the desert
azstaterick - 2008-02-26 7:25 AM
Ragi Goatgrabber

Your Viking Personality: The tougher Vikings might let you on the boat, but generally only when they need ballast. You are strong and tireless, frequently shouldering burdens that would tire lesser men. You might be able to hold your own on the battlefield, but you're no "berserker".

You have a fairly pragmatic attitude towards life, and tend not to expend effort in areas where it would be wasted. Other Vikings would be calling you "tree-hugging hippie peacenik" if the phrase had been invented.

I resent being called a "tree-hugging hippee peacenik"

You resent that? Not the part about you perving on farm animals? Sicko!

2008-02-26 10:08 AM

Master
Peoria, AZ (Near Lake Pleasant)
Jökull Madhawk

You would have a very tough time making a long sea voyage in a Viking longboat. Other Vikings consider you "one of the guys".

You have a fairly pragmatic attitude towards life, and tend not to expend effort in areas where it would be wasted. You sometimes come off as a bit of a snob. Vikings are not snobbish people -- they either like you, or they kill you. Try to be more like a Viking.

In some ways it really is me - perhaps because I answered Beer!

Edited by perkins_jerryw 2008-02-26 10:09 AM
2008-02-26 10:15 AM

Master
I love this quote: "If you ever tried to make a voyage in a Viking longboat, you would die."
2008-02-26 10:32 AM

Expert
Big Bear City, California

Jósurr Shieldsmasher

Your Viking Personality: You're a fearsome Viking, but you aren't completely uncivilized. The other Vikings make fun of you for that. Unlike most Vikings, you don't have a quick temper; you tend to think about your actions before you undertake them. Sometimes you think too long. You're not a "berserker", but you're among the toughest sane Vikings around.

A long sea voyage aboard a Viking longboat would be difficult for you, but you might be able to manage it. You possess some skills which other Vikings respect.

People who've known you for a while don't always trust your word. Other people tend to think of you as manipulative and conniving.
2008-02-26 7:29 PM
in reply to: #1235880

Veteran
cordova61 - 2008-02-26 9:15 AM

I love this quote: "If you ever tried to make a voyage in a Viking longboat, you would die."

Yeah, I know you and that is true, you couldn't hack it!
2008-02-26 8:03 PM

Elite
Mesa, AZ
TANYA!!! MY POOR FERRETS!!! You are not allowed at my house anymore!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » RAGNAR this week - what's your Viking name? Rss Feed